• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vietnam's first billionaire woman makes it big with the most obvious idea- bikini air

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarEN

(saw this today but the news is a couple days older)
------
Congratulations to Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao who is about to become Vietnam's first billionaire woman.

She is the CEO and founder of VietJet famous for embracing the bikini clad models on her airline (as well as calendars).

With the initial public offering of Vietnam’s only privately-owned airline, Thao is set to have a net worth exceeding $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, making her the country’s first woman billionaire. The majority of her wealth is derived from her stake in VietJet and her holdings in Dragon City, a 65-hectare real estate development in Ho Chi Minh City.

"You have the right to wear anything you like, either the bikini or the traditional ao dai," she said, referring to the traditional long tunic worn over loose pants. "We don’t mind people associating the airline with the bikini image. If that makes people happy, then we are happy."

VietJet will probably surpass national carrier Vietnam Airlines as the nation’s biggest domestic carrier this year, according to CAPA Centre for Aviation. Vietnam is expected to rank among the world’s 10 fastest-growing aviation markets in the next two decades, according to the International Air Transport Association.

LINK

No I'm not posting pics, haha.

58fd43082945042587f7880ed847338a.jpg

Mimosa97

Love how capitalism now allows women to exploit other women for our own benefit. I've never felt this liberated before.

That was my first thought. If the CEO was som old pervy looking asian dude, the reactions wouldn't have been the same.

If you want to look at women wearing bikinis just go to the beach ?

Kinyou

I remember a highschool friend of mine talking about how there should be a brothel airline. Who knew how close he was to having the right idea.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People keep stealing my idea for Hooters Haircuts.

Kinyou

That was my first thought. If the CEO was som old pervy looking asian dude, the reactions wouldn't have been the same.

If you want to look at women wearing bikinis just go to the beach ?
Isn't it morally actually better to look at women who are aware of it and also get paid than staring at randoms on the beach?
Yeah, this is textbook "lean in" faux feminism.
Who's talking about this as feminism?

entremet

A shame this concept wouldn't work in the US.

I remember reading that many old school job requirements for flight attendants (called stewardesses at the time) was in fact, to be attractive. Obviously, it was not advertised.

Still relics of it in the hospitality industry. Good looking waitstaff is still an unwritten rule in some hip places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom