• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vietnam's first billionaire woman makes it big with the most obvious idea- bikini air

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Actually, I'm more surprised she became a billionaire by running an airline. Isn't the airline industry plagued by razor thin profit margins?

Why have women wearing bkinis then if the company would have achieved the same amount of success without it ?
My point was that no one is planning a trip based around taking a flight with stewardesses in bikinis. Which is basically what that poster was implying. It's not like a guy is sitting around going "I'd like to see a lady wearing a bikini. Should I go to the beach, or should I spend $500 on a flight somewhere and take this airline with the bikini stewardesses?"

It's happenstance that they need to go somewhere, and the company got their success from giving them an option no one else is giving them.

Dynomutt

Probably too regionally isolated to the northwest for the average poster to mention.

Maybe that's a good thing! If Gaf found out Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Dutch Bros would out of business! Some even have those tasty Vietnamese sandwiches!

Edit: Got invited once was blown away by a combination of excitement and giddiness! Couldn't believe it. Coffee was good too!

Xe4

Banned
Haha, respect. Men still loose their minds seeing scantily clad women, I see. Never understood the appeal of it myself, but congrats to her on carving out an unexplored market.

sirap

So you're telling me I can play my Switch while surrounded by bikini-clad stewardesses?

...truly we are living in an age of wonder.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, shame on these women for choosing to do what they want with their own bodies and their own life.

How about the perfectly capable stewards that aren't given an opportunity of a job because they don't happen to be young and beautiful in a bikini?

Maybe that's a good thing! If Gaf found out Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Dutch Bros would out of business! Some even have those tasty Vietnamese sandwiches!

Edit: Got invited once was blown away by a combination of excitement and giddiness! Couldn't believe it. Coffee was good too!
Interesting to note that the chain in Seattle was closed after a prostitution sting, because some of the baristas would flash customers for a tip.

I have a feeling there is a lot of drunken groping going on. I wonder what kind of protection the attendants have for that.

That would be my concern, honestly. Men like to use scantily clad women as an excuse for bad behavior.

I'm all for them wearing whatever they want as long as they're are protected from assault, and that they're not somehow being coerced into wearing less that they're comfortable wearing.

I flew on this airline a couple of times when I was in vietnam, I had no idea about the bikini shenanigans lol. My flights there must have been to short for the bikinis to come out.

Zornack

How about the perfectly capable stewards that aren't given an opportunity of a job because they don't happen to be young and beautiful in a bikini?

Are you just now realizing that there are job opportunities for young, attractive people in high end customer relations jobs that aren't available to the more homely general population?

Dynomutt

Interesting to note that the chain in Seattle was closed after a prostitution sting, because some of the baristas would flash customers for a tip.

Yup. There a a few still around and they have gone full on burlesque sexy route instead. Interesting concept though lol.

Edit. Seattle has a chain!?!? I thought they were sort of exclusive maybe word of mouth contributed to their closure.

"Sex sells" doesn't mean literal sex has to be part of the offer.
No, but in general it means you get titillated.

Do you think this would be a titillating experience, surrounded by men who've also flown this airline to be titillated? Do you think it would be sexually exciting having someone in a bikini serve you drinks while looking into your eyes but in a super public place?

Zornack

Do you think this would be a titillating experience, surrounded by men who've also flown this airline to be titillated? Do you think it would be sexually exciting having someone in a bikini serve you drinks while looking into your eyes but in a super public place?

For a very large number of men, yes. Doesn't matter the situation; hot chick in a bikini? Cool.

PillarEN

"A couple of days older" OP?

The article is dated 24 March 2016. Are you John Titor but from the past?

Oh crap. See I saw this from a marketing friend who was posting an article from yesterday but the website looked less professional so I looked up another one. Turns out the website my friend posted was simply celebrating this feat one year later. Ah well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are you just now realizing that there are job opportunities for young, attractive people in high end customer relations jobs that aren't available to the more homely general population?

No, because this isn't really customer relations. This would be considered discrimination in many countries

VietJet has male stewards, the bikini thing was only a PR stunt.

Ah ok, so it's actually a successful airline aside from this gimmick?

Dynomutt

What is the coffee shop talk? Strip clubs are a front for prostitution, cornerstores for weed, coffee shops for?

Shssh...

I'd say do a Google search but I don't anyone in trouble for NSFW. Basically imagine a complete Starbucks with coffee and food where the baristas are in bikinis or topless. I'll leave the rest to you all.

... yes?

I'm not Mike Pence. I can enjoy attractive, sexy women in social or public settings without being overcome with the need to fuck them, or enraged that I can't.

is this a real question

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Uhm..
The hole point is that stewardesses are hot because they are smartly dressed working women.

Dynomutt

Can't spell titillated with out the tit! Are you excited?

shaq_shimmy_gold_bond.gif

E92 M3

The women get to show off their hard-earned bodies and the passengers enjoy a pleasant flight. Win-win in my book. Good idea, Vietnam's first billionaire.

PillarEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom