• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vietnam's first billionaire woman makes it big with the most obvious idea- bikini air

Status
Not open for further replies.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Not sure it would make the dredge of flying better, worse I think.

As it is I have a hard ish time not ogling the CA, but if they were in bikinis it would be a constant battle not to look, while still trying to look. It would be not comfortable.

Tigress

Ok, but the women working for this airline have their own wisdom as well. If they feel fine working for this airline then I don't see the problem.

It's not a problem for the attendants, but stuff like his does help keep the image of women being objects to be used and also as looks to being what is important to women. So while they may not mind selling their bodies that way it does not help women overall in being taken as more than objects for men's' desire.

wisdom0wl

58fd43082945042587f7880ed847338a.jpg

beautiful

Jumeira

Banned
Surprised a smart lady would think this will work. Wives will raise thier eyebrow if the airline is mentioned so you can cross off alot of married men, females and families will most likely avoid is as it quite tacky, and I'm not sure if the airline will be able to maintain staff who will have to deal with (quite obviously​) advances from men which will soon start to grate on them. Let's see, but the risk here is huge.

Ok, but the women working for this airline have their own wisdom as well. If they feel fine working for this airline then I don't see the problem.

Pretty much

It's not like there aren't other airlines available. People find anything to complain about

rjinaz

I'm single and definitely admire the female figure, but, not for me. I'd take fully clothed for my flight. Makes me more comfortable and seems more professional.

Love how capitalism now allows women to exploit other women for our own benefit. I've never felt this liberated before.

Women using an advantage they have in the marketplace to their own advantage in order to gain advantage in the particular order a society has decided upon is not exploitation. Labeling it as such IS Puritanism, however.

ISOM

It's not a problem for the attendants, but stuff like his does help keep the image of women being objects to be used and also as looks to being what is important to women. So while they may not mind selling their bodies that way it does not help women overall in being taken as more than objects for men's' desire.

This feels like an antiquated view of how women should be. If a woman wants to sell herself on her godgiven assets then why should someone look down on them or what they're doing? You can basically argue anytime a woman is advertising themselves in scantilly clad clothes via entertainment or professionally like the women in this airline that they are now just objects that are being used. You take away their own agency and their own desires because not all women think the same way.

Deadly

If you want to look at women wearing bikinis just go to the beach ?
Good luck finding that in Vietnam. The women over there even wear a shirt in the water most of the time. If you actually do spot someone in a bikini, I'd say 80% chance she's not a local.

as quoted they can wear bikinis or ao dai which is a modest outfit

ao-dai-vietnam.jpg

but i wonder how real the choice is if you are part of a crew of four stewardesses and the other three are wearing bikinis
Honestly, I think this is much better than the bikinis.

I remember reading that many old school job requirements for flight attendants (called stewardesses at the time) was in fact, to be attractive. Obviously, it was not advertised.

Still relics of it in the hospitality industry. Good looking waitstaff is still an unwritten rule in some hip places.

Having flown many times around the world, I can confirm that this is still a requirement in much of the world.

rec0ded1

So basically the entire plane will be the cockpit now?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't wait for a gaffer to take a flight and describe the experience.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Is that to protect themselves from the sun ?

Partly yes. Many are obsessed with being as white as possible and go to silly lengths to avoid Sun and bleach their skin. But part of it is modesty as well.
If you go to some of the pool party type events they have at western hotels you'll see tons of Vietnamese women in bikinis but they tend to be either on the prowl for a western man or are Viet kieu (Vietnamese raised overseas).

And again, for fucks sake people, I've flown on this airline. The uniform isn't a bikini. The bikini thing is purely for publicity and is only used for calender shoots or for a few inaugural flights to drum up press. The vast majority of the time they dress like any other stewardess.

Puruzi

Banned
No, but in general it means you get titillated.

Do you think this would be a titillating experience, surrounded by men who've also flown this airline to be titillated? Do you think it would be sexually exciting having someone in a bikini serve you drinks while looking into your eyes but in a super public place?

is this a joke

Partly yes. Many are obsessed with being as white as possible and go to silly lengths to avoid Sun and bleach their skin. But part of it is modesty as well.
If you go to some of the pool party type events they have at western hotels you'll see tons of Vietnamese women in bikinis but they tend to be either on the prowl for a western man or are Viet kieu (Vietnamese raised overseas).

And again, for fucks sake people, I've flown on this airline. The uniform isn't a bikini. The bikini thing is purely for publicity and is only used for calender shoots or for a few inaugural flights to drum up press. The vast majority of the time they dress like any other stewardess.

Pretty much all this is true. Same goes for Thailand, though they don't have any bikini airlines, sadly. At the beach the only girls in bikinis are farang ones.

Jimrpg

Hostess airlines like in a japanese hostess club would be much more interesting. Most people want to talk to someone on the plane not be served for 30 seconds by a bikini clad woman.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Hostess airlines like in a japanese hostess club would be much more interesting. Most people want to talk to someone on the plane not be served for 30 seconds by a bikini clad woman.

Oh shit now this is a good idea. And it's an even more captive audience so the Dom Peri can be ludicrously expensive.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Great now I can't evem take a flight without some woman sticking her tits in my face. When will the war on men cease.

nampad

They did this back in 2012, and they got in trouble for it. Lots of negative press in the local Vietnamese news.
CEO is a bit of a mystery. Not a lot of info about her available, as is common for the very small group of uber wealthy and powerful in Vietnam. Many of them owe their wealth to some ugly circumstances post unification. I hope she isn't one of them, but I'm not optimistic.

I've flown on vietjet a couple of times, it is a horrid airline.

Well, my girlfriend has a pretty certain that the CEO has mafia connections and owes her success to it.

Anyway, what didn't you like about VietJet? I think they are ok and that's even though my last flight with them was delayed thrice (cumulated for 3 hours).
Vietnam Airlines isn't better with their disgusting burger bread/han/cold slaw sandwich and turned off entertainment system on domestic flights.

She made her first million selling fax machines and latex! I don't know the market for these in Vietnam but she appears to have worked her way to success. I may be wrong.

As I said above, I have heard differently from my girlfriend. Not sure if it is true though.

People won't read that i formation except when it is in the OP. All they care about are boobies on the plane or complaining about it.

If I remember correctly, the bikinis were also just a fashion show and not the uniform.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Well, my girlfriend has a pretty certain that the CEO has mafia connections and owes her success to it.

Anyway, what didn't you like about VietJet? I think they are ok and that's even though my last flight with them was delayed thrice (cumulated for 3 hours).
Vietnam Airlines isn't better with their disgusting burger bread/han/cold slaw sandwich and turned off entertainment system on domestic flights.

As I said above, I have heard differently from my girlfriend. Not sure if it is true though.

People won't read that i formation except when it is in the OP. All they care about are boobies on the plane or complaining about it.

If I remember correctly, the bikinis were also just a fashion show and not the uniform.

Mafia connections wouldn't surprise me. The couple that owned the business I worked at while I lived there were very clearly connected to some shady shit. But like this lady, all personal info seemed to be near non existent. They have basically no history beyond what they want you to know about.

As far as vietjet, both times I flew they were unhelpful, rude, very late, and tried to gouge us on extra fees at the counter.

It does say they are free to wear what they want. Wouldn't it be sexism to basically say women should be restricted?

And I'm sure the company is just as free to let them go. would it be sexist not to allow a women to sell herself in to slavery?

What really bother me about this story is that this concept basically celebrate Vietnam as a sex tourism destination, even when the question of women and children exploitation isn't up to debate people are lol empowerment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom