• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vietnam's first billionaire woman makes it big with the most obvious idea- bikini air

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
While kind of weird, as long as the company provides adequate protection/support and treats the women well and they are fairly compensated I've got no problems with this existing.

Issue with some of these kinds of businesses is that while they do offer better compensation than many others, which is their major allure to prospective employees, they don't always treat the employees well and exploit them a ton and can be rather abusive in a myriad of ways. So plenty of girls jump at the chance due to the money but then get chewed up by the actual work and everything that comes with it.

Yup, these are my primary concern as well.

Are topless coffee bars still a thing in southern California?

Log4Girlz

4JyxKmm.gif

What is this, Air Force Thong?

Mega

Banned
That was my first thought. If the CEO was som old pervy looking asian dude, the reactions wouldn't have been the same.

If you want to look at women wearing bikinis just go to the beach ?

Why not just stay home and look at a swimwear catalog? No need to waste money/time going somewhere and having an experience. Better yet, stare at a wall and use your imagination. Practically the same thing.

No, but in general it means you get titillated.

Do you think this would be a titillating experience, surrounded by men who've also flown this airline to be titillated? Do you think it would be sexually exciting having someone in a bikini serve you drinks while looking into your eyes but in a super public place?

It can be an amusing, memorable experience without literally jizzing your pants. See: strip clubs, burlesque shows, Hooters, anything public with attractive women. If you yourself are not a damn weirdo, why would it be a problem? Attractive woman serves you a drink, moves on, that's it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
They did this back in 2012, and they got in trouble for it. Lots of negative press in the local Vietnamese news.
CEO is a bit of a mystery. Not a lot of info about her available, as is common for the very small group of uber wealthy and powerful in Vietnam. Many of them owe their wealth to some ugly circumstances post unification. I hope she isn't one of them, but I'm not optimistic.

I've flown on vietjet a couple of times, it is a horrid airline.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It find it ironic the line between exploitative and empowering for some people has little to do nature of the work, and it actually is exploiting its workers, and everything to do with what they consider respectable. It's pure projection of antiquated views
The antiquated view would be that it would be okay to have a male manager ask his female staff to wear tighter shirts and shorter skirts and maybe give them a pat on the ass for doing a good job.

Dynomutt

They did this back in 2012, and they got in trouble for it. Lots of negative press in the local Vietnamese news.
CEO is a bit of a mystery. Not a lot of info about her available, as is common for the very small group of uber wealthy and powerful in Vietnam. Many of them owe their wealth to some ugly circumstances post unification. I hope she isn't one of them, but I'm not optimistic.

I've flown on vietjet a couple of times, it is a horrid airline.

She made her first million selling fax machines and latex! I don't know the market for these in Vietnam but she appears to have worked her way to success. I may be wrong.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Haha, respect. Men still loose their minds seeing scantily clad women, I see. Never understood the appeal of it myself, but congrats to her on carving out an unexplored market.

Yeah, it's kinda funny how men haven't evolved out of finding women attractive in the past few years.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
She made her first million selling fax machines and latex! I don't know the market for these in Vietnam but she appears to have worked her way to success. I may be wrong.

The issue in Vietnam is economic opportunities have long been controlled by people in government or related to government. So during the economic opening up of Vietnam in the 90's most of the people who got first dibs on opportunities were from a very small and already powerful group. There were most certainly some exceptions, but a lot of people got shut out of the chance to open a business because someone with government connections had the same aspirations and the ability to crush and push out competition.

Dynomutt

The issue in Vietnam is economic opportunities have long been controlled by people in government or related to government. So during the economic opening up of Vietnam in the 90's most of the people who got first dibs on opportunities were from a very small and already powerful group. There were most certainly some exceptions, but a lot of people got shut out of the chance to open a business because someone with government connections had the same aspirations and the ability to crush and push out competition.

Didn't know this. Sounds like Haiti after Aristide.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Lots of wrong think in here. I am sure a certain someone will be along shortly to straighten us out.

ShyMel

but i wonder how real the choice is if you are part of a crew of four stewardesses and the other three are wearing bikinis

This is my thought process as well. Are the women who don't want to wear the bikinis comfortable voicing their thoughts on the matter? Does wearing (or not wearing) the bikini affect their employment? Are they seen as not a team player?

This is my thought process as well. Are the women who don't want to wear the bikinis comfortable voicing their thoughts on the matter? Does wearing (or not wearing) the bikini affect their employment? Are they seen as not a team player?
According to the article they only wear them on inaugural flights to beaches. I don't know how often that happens, but I'm sure if there are any women who really don't want to dress in a bikini can just ask to be put on other flights.

BlitzKeeg

Reports of harassment and molestation of flight attendants in 3, 2, 1.....

Yep.

What an empowering atmosphere. Being stuck in a giant fuselage miles above the ground with a bunch of dudes that specifically paid to have your ass at face height.

"But the attendants chose to be there" isn't a great excuse either. Just because they're opting into a fucked up system doesn't make it any less fucked up.

Mesoian

And people say sex doesn't sell...

Seriously though is this just a middling airline with women in bikinis? Is that the one thing that differentiates them from other airlines?

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
All I can think of now (apart from tiddy) is how grim it would be if there was an emergency situation on board, like a medical problem or a fault with the plane or god forbid the plane went down. I feel like that would be extra grim with scantily clad stewardesses.

This reminds me of the Vietnamese coffee shops we have over here in SoCal.

Except the girls there go full nude, so I'm guessing they'll probably do that on these flights too?

JimiNutz

Banned
Fuck it let's go all out here and offer lapdances and other 'extras'.
Would make those long haul flights somewhat more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom