• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vietnam's first billionaire woman makes it big with the most obvious idea- bikini air

Status
Not open for further replies.
as quoted they can wear bikinis or ao dai which is a modest outfit

ao-dai-vietnam.jpg

but i wonder how real the choice is if you are part of a crew of four stewardesses and the other three are wearing bikinis

Honestly, I think this is much better than the bikinis.

Those sleeves don't look very practical for stewardesses.

Not

Banned
Huh, well. Cool that she had an idea that worked. Bummer THAT it worked.

So equal objectification is never happening as long as men have all the money, right?

Mimosa97

Partly yes. Many are obsessed with being as white as possible and go to silly lengths to avoid Sun and bleach their skin. But part of it is modesty as well.
If you go to some of the pool party type events they have at western hotels you'll see tons of Vietnamese women in bikinis but they tend to be either on the prowl for a western man or are Viet kieu (Vietnamese raised overseas).

And again, for fucks sake people, I've flown on this airline. The uniform isn't a bikini. The bikini thing is purely for publicity and is only used for calender shoots or for a few inaugural flights to drum up press. The vast majority of the time they dress like any other stewardess.

Yes I've met Korean girls here in Canada and they told me how some women can be obsessed with whiteness. I can understand wanting to protect your skin from sun damage but stuff like bleaching goes way too far.

On another hand I've met some korean girls whose skin was like porcelain. I bet it takes a lot of hard work but I would lie if I said it wasn't pretty to look at lol

mieumieu

Partly yes. Many are obsessed with being as white as possible and go to silly lengths to avoid Sun and bleach their skin. But part of it is modesty as well.
If you go to some of the pool party type events they have at western hotels you'll see tons of Vietnamese women in bikinis but they tend to be either on the prowl for a western man or are Viet kieu (Vietnamese raised overseas).

And again, for fucks sake people, I've flown on this airline. The uniform isn't a bikini. The bikini thing is purely for publicity and is only used for calender shoots or for a few inaugural flights to drum up press. The vast majority of the time they dress like any other stewardess.

This needs to be in the OP for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom