• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 FS Version B announced, 2015

I'll buy it, but I am really hoping it comes to current generation consoles. If it's arcade only, I will unfortunately probably not be able to play it. Maybe this will lead to VF6? If they want it to be truly successful, imo it will have to at least come home on some platforms or something.

A new character maybe? And more customization options??? That's all I really want.

I suck hardcore at this series, so I just want more options for playing dress up.

Spaghetti

nice, would have pegged vf5 as being done but there's life in the old girl yet. still a sublime fighter after nearly ten years.

PC port pls sega?

Why would SEGA dump $32,000 in payouts alone on 2 VF5FS tournaments years after the game came out if it was unsuccessful?

And this is NA where the game doesn't even have an arcade release.
Wouldn't the money that Sega put up for Evo 2012, and the Sega Cups just be a smart use of marketing dollars for the console version? Sponsoring those tournaments (especially Evo 2012) was the best way Sega could've advertised FS to the fighting game community outside of Japan to increase interest and sales of the game. So I don't know if that's all that good of an indicator of FS's overall success in arcades. But you could be right, maybe they wouldn't care at all about things like Sega Cup unless FS was already quite successful in arcades in the first place.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Wouldn't the money that Sega put up for Evo 2012, and the Sega Cups just be a smart use of marketing dollars for the console version? Sponsoring those tournaments (especially Evo 2012) was the best way Sega could've advertised FS to the fighting game community outside of Japan to increase interest and sales of the game. So I don't know if that's all that good of an indicator of FS's overall success in arcades. But you could be right, maybe they wouldn't care at all about things like Sega Cup unless FS was already quite successful in arcades in the first place.

You're simultaneously telling me that FS must've done poorly because VF6 hasn't been announced and that all the money SEGA has been pouring into VF5FS is just "smart use of marketing dollars". Let me ask you, how much money has SoA spent marketing Anarchy Reigns this year? Do you think it would be a smart use of marketing money to spend as much on AR in 2014 as SEGA has spent marketing VF5FS this year?

You're simultaneously telling me that FS must've done poorly because VF6 hasn't been announced and that all the money SEGA has been pouring into VF5FS is just "smart use of marketing dollars". Let me ask you, how much money has SoA spent marketing Anarchy Reigns this year? Do you think it would be a smart use of marketing money to spend as much on AR in 2014 as SEGA has spent marketing VF5FS this year?
Well, I would guess that Sega hasn't spent any money marketing Anarchy Reigns this year. And no, I don't think it would be smart to spend the same amount of money on AR as they have on FS this year either. However, I don't think AR's and FS's situations are quite the same. It seemed to me that Sega of America was clearly trying to support FS among the fighting game community in the same way that companies like Capcom or Namco do. It makes sense to me that these days, with how popular the fighting game scene is in the US, Sega of America would support the VF community for a couple years after FS's release on consoles by sponsoring some tournaments to keep interest in the game among fans and therefore try to get FS more popular in the FGC as a whole. I would guess that Anarchy Reigns doesn't have a community anywhere near as large or as passionate as the FGC is, so it wouldn't make much sense for Sega to promote it a years after its release like they did with FS.

Also, I don't see why FS not being as successful in arcades as Tekken 6/Tag 2 or other fighters and Sega of America trying to support the console version are necessarily contradictory. It makes sense to me that Sega would want to promote the console version, regardless of how the arcade version did overall when compared to other fighters, if the console version was pretty successful by itself. I thought that with events like Sega Cup, Sega of America was just finally being smart about trying to get VF more popular outside of Japan and to also try to boost the series' overall success in hopes of getting enough support to possibly make VF6.

I also just want to say that I'm sorry If I sound totally naive about all of this. My impression of the VF series and it's success lately comes from watching the series very closely as a hardcore fan over the past 6-7 years. But maybe things that I thought were signs of VF's drop in popularity in arcades over the years weren't actually what I thought they were. Again, I really hope that I'm wrong about all of this, and that FS was truly a big success in arcades against rivals like Tekken.

54-46!

I was under the impression that VF5FS was a pretty balanced game? I really hope they bring this to home systems, it's always nice to have the latest version.

Do they ever add new characters in these revisions or is that just for "named" upgrades?

Jaeger

Damn thought we had new news instead it was some idiot who bump this thread.

Wow. So what, I make a new thread asking of any info on a very niche fighter has surfaces? And what is with that name calling?

EDIT - And reported. First time I did that too, but you sir definitely deserve that.

Sanjay

Has their been any new info on this?

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhit.jpg

Astarte

Wow. So what, I make a new thread asking of any info on a very niche fighter has surfaces? And what is with that name calling?

EDIT - And reported. First time I did that too, but you sir definitely deserve that.

If there's news the thread will be bumped with news... :/

Jaeger

If there's news the thread will be bumped with news... :/

Obviously.

But as much as everyone is disappointed, you guys are steady posting your two cents in the thread continually bumping it to the dismay of others. You guys must not be that upset.

Jaeger

The games community on this forum is nowhere near as active as others [games]. The OT was dead, too. This was the most recent thread specifically about this subject. And simply making another thread asking "Any new info about this?" Would have resulted in 20 "No's", and a thread closed, saying use an already created thread.

Put the blame on other people, nice.

You aren't clever, or helpful.

Nethaniah

The games community on this forum is nowhere near as active as others [games]. The OT was dead, too. This was the most recent thread specifically about this subject. And simply making another thread "Any new info about this?" Would have resulted in 20 "No's", and a thread closed, saying use an already created thread.

You aren't clever, or helpful.

Not trying to be either, just amazed at you blaming other people for your fuckup.

Top Bottom