• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita can't connect to PSN store on firmware 3.57

cuilan

Affected by store issue: Yes, but it seems to be working now.
Affected by Battery Drain issue?: Yes
Vita Model: 1000
3G?: No
Memory Card: 16GB
Have you used Content Manager for PC?: Yes
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Yes, though I haven't used it in a very long time.
Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: No

Gigglepoo

I haven't been able to connect since the firmware update (even after I rebuilt my database) but I just hopped on the store no problem. I didn't try to memory card fix, either. It just miraculously worked. Maybe others will have luck as well.

Affected by store issue: Intermittent, but I can get it to work if I shut down completely and restart.
Affected by Battery Drain issue?: Yes. It was at 100% this morning, I didn't touch it all day, and when I turned it on this evening the battery was dead within 10 minutes.
Vita Model: 2000
Memory Card: 64GB
Have you used Content Manager for PC?: Not in a long time -- certainly not with my current Vita.
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Nope.
Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: No[/QUOTE]

We're back in business ladies and gentlemen, I got home, took out the memory card, powered on and off, then was able to connect to the store. I've since put back in the memory card and everything looks good to go, downloaded a game as well

Dingotech

I updated my Vita last night because I wanted to grab Crypt of the Necrodancer. So keep in mind my below response is only based on a single night of being on the firmware.

Affected by store issue: No
Affected by Battery Drain issue?: I don't appear to be. I ran a game in standby last night and the battery was still full in the morning.
Memory Card: 32GB
Have you used Content Manager for PC?: No
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: No

Miroku129

Memory Card: 16GB
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Yes

mrjohill

I turned mine off for a couple minutes and turned it back on and it allowed me into the store. Got to download digimon

stuminus3

Banned
Touch wood but the store seems to be working somewhat normally now after refusing to let me connect for days. Maybe they changed the batteries in the shoebox that runs the store. I'm sure the issue is PSN itself, not the Vita.

Suzzopher

So everything on my Vita is now working, connect to the store and account page fine, the battery is holding in sleep mode too, my plus games are now valid again. So weird as I've not done anything to fix it.

Stores on Vita and PSTV on different accounts are now accessible for me.

I'm still keeping an eye on the battery drain, though it looks like that problem might be gone as well. Usually a key sign of the battery drain on standby was the blue notification light staying lit instead of flashing off. The blue light has turned on, then flashed off now.

Touch wood but the store seems to be working somewhat normally now after refusing to let me connect for days. Maybe they changed the batteries in the shoebox that runs the store. I'm sure the issue is PSN itself, not the Vita.

Wild guess: something server-side wanted to check for the now non-existent Facebook settings and was locking up because of that.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Affected by store issue: Yes
Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: No.

So I did the thing where I held down the Vita's power button for 30 seconds (multiple times) and it seemed to work. Though my PS3 wasn't working either, and the store started working yesterday, so I'm inclined to believe something was fixed on Sony's end.

I'm just glad my Vita is fixed so (crossing my fingers) if I get a sizable tax return, I can finally get a 64 GB memory card.

Affected by store issue: Yes
3G?: Yes (never activated)
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Yes, just moving a game over
Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: No, never

As a follow up to my Twitter interactions, @AskPlayStation has asked me to comment on their support forums. I'm pretty tired of this, but I'm not sure how to raise awareness. I've linked them to some articles that have been written (Kotaku, etc). I've followed up on Twitter without being snarky.

I'm fairly confident that they'd rather I just post on their boards so it can be buried by other support questions, but I don't want this to go away. I want them to fix this.

We're back in business ladies and gentlemen, I got home, took out the memory card, powered on and off, then was able to connect to the store. I've since put back in the memory card and everything looks good to go, downloaded a game as well

See, when I took out the card and rebuilt the DB, I got closer to the store than before, but got an error code when the store UI loaded on screen. No other content, just the UI. I exited, put the card back in, and wasn't able to get that far...just "please wait" again.

Joni

Affected by Battery Drain issue?: No
Memory Card: 8GB.
Have you used Content Manager for PC?: No.
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Yes. Ages ago.

kng3025

Store seems to be working for me now. Was able to hop on to download Digimon. Hope this means the end of that issue.

redcrayon

Affected by store issue: Intermittently, it usually works on a second attempt
Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: No.

Affected by store issue: yes, but has been much better now
Affected by battery drain: YES! And here I thought it was just me
Have you used content manager on PC: yes
Have you used content manager on PS3: yes
Have you utilized any hack/exploits: No

redcrayon

Can I just say thanks to everyone (here and at Reddit) for gathering info and having tested and reported on fixes and workarounds.

Putosaure

Affected by store issue: maybe, I had trouble yesterday but was able to download game through web store
Affected by battery drain: no
Have you used content manager on PC: some months ago
Have you used content manager on PS3: no
Have you utilized any hack/exploits: No

L.O.R.D

Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: Yes , all crazy things you can imagine:
Rejuvenate , Ark2 and VHBL and TN-V11 and themes hack and VitaUpdateBlocker.
but i reset my Vita twice to use different account , so all hacks are gone.

UPDATE FROM SONY :

kotaku.com/sony-says-theyve-fixed-the-vitas-network-problem-1756875403

The network issue that users experienced on their PS Vita was not due to system software 3.57 and is now resolved. Thank you for your patience.

joe2187

Banned
So what can fix my battery from draining? I never had this issue before, I could leave my Vita on all day, all night and still have juice left. Now it's just dead.

I rolled the dice and updated this morning so I could grab Necrodancer and didn't get hit with either the store or battery issue.

EDIT:

Have you used Content Manager for PC?: Don't think so

Yesterday I charged my Vita for the night shift, seems that my OG Vita 1000 is not affected.

Affected by Battery Drain issue?:
Memory Card: 16GB (soon to be 64GB) "D

Edit:
Can not view my trophies for PSN through the Vita, the Vita ones are view able!

Reddit fix didn't help, rebuilding database didn't either. This has been a problem for me for a while now, I had to connect my Vita to the PC to even update it. I'm kind of about to give up on this thing. What's the point in having it if remote play is totally unreliable and I'm not even able to download stuff off of PSN.

Saoshyant

It is mandatory for most things: store access, downloads, ps4 remote play, trophy sync, and anything that would depend on PSN access.

I believe most people (including me) are no longer having issues.

KiefbladeMaster, did you do the "put system on airplane mode, shut it down fully for two minutes, turn it back on"? I hear that is the best "fix" for the battery issue.

Also make sure you did not mess up your DNS settings while trying earlier fixing tricks; that would screw up any chances of you ever being able to access PSN again.

3G?: Yes (but not used)

KiefbladeMaster, did you do the "put system on airplane mode, shut it down fully for two minutes, turn it back on"? I hear that is the best "fix" for the battery issue.

Also make sure you did not mess up your DNS settings while trying earlier fixing tricks; that would screw up any chances of you ever being able to access PSN again.

I haven't run into the battery problem on my system, it's solely with connecting to PSN. I've never touched the DNS settings to my knowledge. My wifi has always worked well for it too, until recently. No settings have changed and neither my work nor home networks will connect. :p

Saoshyant

I haven't run into the battery problem on my system, it's solely with connecting to PSN. I've never touched the DNS settings to my knowledge. My wifi has always worked well for it too, until recently. No settings have changed and neither my work nor home networks will connect. :p

It's odd that you're still having that issue, especially after rebuilding the database and Sony fixing stuff on their end. Wish I could figure out what's wrong with your specific case. Maybe eventually it will work again?

It's odd that you're still having that issue, especially after rebuilding the database and Sony fixing stuff on their end. Wish I could figure out what's wrong with your specific case. Maybe eventually it will work again?

I'm gonna take it home today and try rebuilding the database, resetting my router and connecting again to see if it works. It's pretty frustrating. Thanks for giving some tips regardless!

Deft Beck

The Vita has always been very weird about PSN. I queue up a download and when I turn on my vita and connect to the Internet, it won't begin right away. I can even start the download manually and then it decides to remember I queued the download up beforehand.

I suspect the battery issues are connected to that.

Hollycat

Affected by store issue: YEEEES
Affected by Battery Drain issue?: Nope
Have you used Content Manager for PC?: Yes, but I couldn't get it to work
Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Yes, but not recently
Have you utilized any hacks/exploits?: kinda

Miroku129

I'm still keeping an eye on the battery drain, though it looks like that problem might be gone as well. Usually a key sign of the battery drain on standby was the blue notification light staying lit instead of flashing off. The blue light has turned on, then flashed off now.

I notice this too

Leynos

Affected by store issue: Yes, but it seems to be working after rebuilding the database.

I didn't have any problems with the battery until I played online, and, boy howdy, does the battery drain quickly now. It never was like that before.

And putting everything back into the appropriate folders after the database rebuild was a huge pain in the ass.

Fix your shit, Sony.

jett

D-Member
I actually haven't been able to connect to PSN on my PS3 for the last couple of days, error code 80710016. Before this it would routinely disconnect. This is my Netflix machine damn it. :|

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
For all 4 1000s :

Have you used Content Manager for PS3?: Yes, though I haven't used it in a very long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For both 2000s :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Bottom