• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Heaven 2 Electric Bugaloo 2/18 - Zero new games, massive price drop, Vita RIP

How many of you people complaining live in Japan? That montage of games at the end look pretty damn good to me and I hope we get at least half of them. They're also coming to Vita in less than a month in the REGION THIS STREAM WAS INTENDED FOR.

Soul Sacrifice
Tales of Hearts R
Stein's Gate
Atelier Meruru
Muramasa
One Piece
Dead or Alive

That's not a bad 30 day line up...

If vita sales didn't suck AND we were already conditioned to get a "Vita Heaven" type of thing every month with announcements and stuff like Nintendo does with ND, then it would be ok, but neither of those things are true. This Vita Heaven 2.0 crap was better presented and overall better than the 1st one but it was still garbage.

How many of you people complaining live in Japan? That montage of games at the end look pretty damn good to me and I hope we get at least half of them. They're also coming to Vita in less than a month in the REGION THIS STREAM WAS INTENDED FOR.

Soul Sacrifice
Tales of Hearts R
Stein's Gate
Atelier Meruru
Muramasa
One Piece
Dead or Alive

That's not a bad 30 day line up...
Finally a sensible post...The stream wasn't even all that hype, hello PS4 is coming in like 2 days now, but it just showed support and that there's games coming out in the next few months. Gravity Rush 2 is more than likely being worked on, why take thunder away from what they would like to be Vita's biggest game Soul Sacrifice. Vita is being supported, do I want to see more? Yes...but it's something at the very least lol...

So many people bummed and disappointed just go and buy a 3DS. I don't understand the frustration. I'd be perfectly happy with One Piece, PSO2, Soul Sacrifice and Tales for this year on my Vita. How many games are you guys consuming??

Besides Pokemon and Monster Hunter, I saw a lot of luigu stuff for 3DS as well, and am much more interesting in the WiiU lineup. People just expect these companies to churn out amazing after amazing...Man, we're getting PS4 this week!?

Holy shit Sony. You could have announced one SINGLE fucking new game to get some hype going. Shit, it could have been another MH clone for all I care. God knows you love those things.

Terrell

I will declare Vita dead after this year's E3 and TGS. Then I will declare it dead. I think it's too premature to be celebrating its downfall as of right now. That's my opinion. There's still a possibility of a God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, etc. down the road.

Who the hell is CELEBRATING this?

This totally deflates any confidence I could have had in the 02/20 conference if THIS is what I can expect from them.

bh7812

Banned
Sony.
hug.gif
You tried, but its time to let Vita go. Let FFXHD be its last game and end it on a high.

FFX HD being the Vitas last major release would probably be for the best. I can't think of a bigger name they could possibly throw at it to try to save it now.

The new price that will be effective on the 28th is the exact price both models should have launched at out of the gate, worldwide. Period. Look what that price did for them during Black Friday! They sold a truckload of Vitas that weekend. It was the market saying 200 was a price it was comfortable paying. Sony should have left it at that price through December and last month, they probably could have given Vita a really good push and Christmas that way. Then after the holidays that should have been the new permanent price.

Still though to see that price drop, I mean the exact number of the new price, is like a brick hitting you in the face. I hope it works but really this is Sony saying short of something they're overlooking they can't see that might help it, the best they can do is lower the price and try to sell the stacks of vitas left sitting there at stores. Its a great piece of hardware but I think 2013 will be its last year of support. This price cut kinda affirms that.

KissVibes

Banned
I will declare Vita dead after this year's E3 and TGS. Then I will declare it dead. I think it's too premature to be celebrating its downfall as of right now. That's my opinion. There's still a possibility of a God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, etc. down the road.

Those games wouldn't do shit for Vita, come on.

B.O.O.M

So:
Monster Hunter Online
Monster Hunter Musou
Monster Hunter Inafune
Monster Hunter with 7 players
Monster Hunter with Robots
Monster Hunter 2D
Monster Hunter Falcom RPG
HD Classics of the first Monster Hunter Game starring Yuna

In the end, trailer with:
Monster Hunter with girls
Monster Hunter ADV by 5pb

This has to be one of the most stupid things i have read in a long time

Soriku

I wouldn't look to E3 with portables if I were you (especially with PS4 coming) and last year's TGS was bad for Vita. The Vita is going to continue to do badly throughout the year and it's unlikely anyone wants to make any notable (exclusive) games for it. They had 0 new announcements here.

So Wednesday is going to be:

- PS3 Price cut!
- Last of Us footage originally shown at the VGAs two years ago
- Footage of Puppeteer followed by an interview with an actual puppeteer
- Montage of funny Kaz gifs. Kaz blushes, thanks everyone for their love. Bows. Leaves
- Evilore offers every member of Sony gaf free grief counseling, bans Nintendo Gaf and Microsoft Gaf for excessive giggling

Don't forget shout outs to momentum...sweet momentum.

Minions

Who the hell is CELEBRATING this?

This totally deflates any confidence I could have had in the 02/20 conference if THIS is what I can expect from them.

Some people are, some people just like to see things burn. I actually like the line up, however I liked the launch line up too, so perhaps I am the perfect target market for the Vita. I just hope some of these games (PSO2, God Eater) come over to the US on the Vita. I think both are a long shot however.

DiscoJer

Those games wouldn't do shit for Vita, come on.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, Gran Turismo PSP sold 3.8 million copies despite being completely half-ass. I think people really underestimate its appeal, even on a portable. Even though Real Racing is a pretty big thing on mobile.

It just baffles me that Sony has an IP that will potentially sell millions, yet they won't make a Vita version. Outsource it to someone if nothing else.

BadWolf

This event was for the price drop, there was little reason to expect them to drop major new game announcements at an event that occurred at such short notice.

duckroll

Sure, you're free to be optimistic and see it that way even though the market situation and the winds have been indicating everything otherwise. I respect that. But if you think that the demise of the only other dedicated gaming portable with an amazing hardware set is being CELEBRATED... I think you need to look again. This is just sad.

spannicus

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, Gran Turismo PSP sold 3.8 million copies despite being completely half-ass.

It just baffles me that Sony has an IP that will potentially sell millions, yet they won't make a Vita version. Outsource it to someone if nothing else.

All the attention is on the PS4 and IOS

Top Bottom