• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroAKA

Played through the Soul Sacrifice demo (and other Japanese games) last night. I'm liking it so far, but why does this not run in native resolution? :/

8292573385_09c30ca811_b.jpg

8293627472_3ecf2e61cd_b.jpg

8293627540_8b16237feb_b.jpg

Edit: How convenient, top of page and got my random screenshots in. Buy Persona 4 Golden.

Carl

Should be free imho.

Why should it be free? If it was just the functionality i'd agree, but it includes new levels and stuff as well, so i see no reason why it should be free. People worked hard on them for a long time.

Besides it's not as if it's expensive.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Played through the Soul Sacrifice demo (and other Japanese games) last night. I'm liking it so far, but why does this not run in native resolution? :/

Edit: How convenient, top of page and got my random screenshots in. Buy Persona 4 Golden.

Impressions on other JP games?

And SS is not native?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So yeah..my stupid memory card is almost full.

PSVita is a one year old and the biggest memory card is 32GB? is this a joke? Sony is really clueless and incompetent.

16GB and 32GB is just not enough, I buy retail versions for PSVita games mostly but even like that it's not enough for all the Vita PSN and PSP/PSone titles I already have or want to buy, the CM backup option is not ideal and is slow as a dead turtle on glue and just messy, Sony should bring cheaper,bigger and faster memory cards like yesterday.

Sony,this is just unacceptable.

n.

320x240p is PSOne native res so Textures Sacrifice run at higher res than the native one...

Dantis

There are no lies, P3P is a butchered port (of not a very good Persona game) the amazing world that the devs created originally for the Persona 3 is gone and replaced with a soulless point and click crap which mean not only a lesser Persona than P3/FES and every other Persona game but also a lackluster JRPG overall, there are cutscenes also removed.. heck even the new intro is not good.

The game wasn't originally intended to be this butchered abomination,it's not the original vision of Persona 3, it's just a disgrace to the original Persona name and a horrible mistake that should be forgotten.

There are the original and the not ripoff port (FES) if you really want to play Persona 3, but seriously do yourself a favor and do not touch P3P.

Normally your negativity is amusing, but in this case you're just straight up wrong.

P3P features some of the best S Links across all the games. Miles better than the two added in P4G.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So yeah..my stupid memory card is almost full.

PSVita is a one year old and the biggest memory card is 32GB? is this a joke? Sony is really clueless and incompetent.

16GB and 32GB is just not enough, I buy retail versions for PSVita games mostly but even like that it's not enough for all the Vita PSN and PSP/PSone titles I already have or want to buy, the CM backup option is not ideal and is slow as a dead turtle on glue and just messy, Sony should bring cheaper,bigger and faster memory cards like yesterday.

Sony,this is just unacceptable.

I am honestly afraid of the price when these cards eventually come. Maybe they'll just lower the price tiers though (32GB= current 16gb price etc) and phase 4gb cards out of existence.

ZeroAKA

Impressions on other JP games?

And SS is not native?
I played through the demos for Soul Sacrifice, Ys Celceta, Tales of Innocence R, Lord of Apocalypse, and Hatsune Miku Project Diva f. I'll post impressions later on if I get the time. As for Soul Sacrifice, the game looks and plays much better than it seems from screenshots and videos, but the image quality is still quite unimpressive IMO. The colors are mostly bland, and the graphics do not look nearly as sharp as native resolution games do. (Think Gravity Rush.)

Maedhros

There's really no way to block messages from quotes huh? It's so bad to have to read Totobeni's posts on the quotes... isn't there a javascript/macro to erase his posts from the quotes?

zroid

Banned
There's really no way to block messages from quotes huh? It's so bad to have to read Totobeni's posts on the quotes... isn't there a javascript/macro to erase his posts from the quotes?

For your benefit, I solemnly swear to never quote Totobeni again

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Grabbed a 32 gb card. Gamestop had a used one. Also I returned the 16 gb I got yesterday. My total out of pocket was 30 dollars after trading some old xbox 360 games.

Time to download all this free stuff

Number45

I'm sure someone posted a way previously, but I can't find it right now.

Toma

There was a FF plugin (could be any other browser - cant remember) that gets rid of the "You blocked this user" messages too. No clue how to find it though.

Right, you have at least to play online to get multiplayer and versus trophies

I did it but if you want there's a cheat. before you respawn from a death exit from LBP pressing PS button and closing the game. Death will not be counted

I wonder if you could technically do that stuff via ad-hoc? Highly unlikely though, so yeah, as I told him originally, the online pass is necessary for the platinum in LBP Vita.

Also, I was fully aware of that trick, but thanks.
In fact, it's partially the cause for my meltdown. I had 9 done and would get 80% of the way through that damn level and then die by some cheap death or some wonky physics. I got it though, so now I never have to PS button > quit > reload again, thankfully.

I had the worst time trying to get the LBP2 Cross-Controller stuff set up, but my goodness, when it finally was, it's fantastic. Did Wii U better than any of the Wii U games I've played so far. Lag was nonexistant too.

Hahaha, excellent.

Apparently Batman has been taken down. Hope you all grabbed it whilst it was up, it actually seems rather well made.

The Batman: Arkham <whatever> games are two of the best games this generation. Period. (If that's what you're talking about.)

Grabbed a 32 gb card. Gamestop had a used one. Also I returned the 16 gb I got yesterday. My total out of pocket was 30 dollars after trading some old xbox 360 games.

Time to download all this free stuff

Good move! Enjoy.

I'm sure someone posted a way previously, but I can't find it right now.

I had written a script like this... or rather hacked someone's existing script to do just that.
Problem is chrome now won't install it because it's not up on their store.
It might work with GreaseMonkey in FF if anyone wants it.
If you try it and it works, I could take the 5 minutes to edit it to get the hide quoted posts from person added and working for GAF (something was off in GAFs HTML that made the algorithm not wipe out the quoted text).

There was a FF plugin (could be any other browser - cant remember) that gets rid of the "You blocked this user" messages too. No clue how to find it though.

This is exactly it. This is what I hacked for people over on CAG and redubbed "the monkey list".
It allowed users to block moderators, essentially. I have a copy of it and it works for blocking the "you blocked this user" messages on GAF but does not work for hiding quotes in other posts, as Chrome screwed me over and is preventing me from updating it/reinstalling it.

Glad I grabbed batman, will try it out someday

You should. But I liked Arkham Asylum more. There's a bit too much "GTA:Batman" in Arkham City. Asylum was tightly controlled and smaller with less "side quests" which told a better narrative in my opinion.
They're still both excellent.
Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are the only two games I can recall where something happened to my save and I was like "no bother, I'll just play the entire game again!" :D

I've tried Batman...

Didn't like it AT ALL.

Also, disgusting framerate.

On the other side I'm liking a lot Knytt just finished second chapter.

mollipen

I would not recommend buying Sonic though. It's just not much fun. I'm not a big fan of the driving mechanics.

I really disagree. Normally I'm not into games like this, but man, Transformed is just so much fun. I think why I like it do much is that it's a great mix of a kart game and a racing game, versus the racing part of that being over-shadowed by the karting part.

Also, after hearing a few negative opinions on the Vita version, I've been very impressed with it do far.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone finding batman a bit odd? I'm downloading Knut in the background and its really stuttering - not noticed that before on games. And when continuing after pressing home to suspend it, it takes a while to respond

Toma

Anyone finding batman a bit odd? I'm downloading Knut in the background and its really stuttering - not noticed that before on games. And when continuing after pressing home to suspend it, it takes a while to respond

knut_badge.png

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I really disagree. Normally I'm not into games like this, but man, Transformed is just so much fun. I think why I like it do much is that it's a great mix of a kart game and a racing game, versus the racing part of that being over-shadowed by the karting part.

Also, after hearing a few negative opinions on the Vita version, I've been very impressed with it do far.

the core gameplay is very good, it's very enjoyable when it keep the framerate going(or if you are not sensitive to framerate drops).

but still, the missing effects everywhere/drop in graphics in track (really hurt the look of it) and the frame dips is too much for me,Vita can do better than this(Wipeout 2048) port standards on Vita should be higher than this.

Takao

Banned
I really hope they do a Limited Ed. for this along the lines of what they did for Ragnarok Odyssey - an art book and the soundtrack would be sweet! Do you hear me Sony?!? TAKE MY MONEYS!!!

Sony rarely does limited editions for their "big" games, let alone a Japanese action-RPG for Vita the western branches probably wish they weren't burdened with releasing.

How much of MK being butt ugly do you think is pushing for 60fops and how much is UE3 not liking vita? Cos if its the latter that could really cause issues

Not really. The only devs who use UE3 are western devs, and they weren't making Vita games anyways.

Its not just odd. Its garbage.

^

We are on about Lego batman psp xD

Edit: toto they removed it cos it wasn't supposed to be free

Oh.
Well in that case, I think most of what I heard was covered by dark_prinny... :D

So..why they removed Batman?

(this is why DD future is no good)

Removed just meant it wasn't free anymore, I believe.
And besides, if you buy it, you can still get it. I can still download the R-Type games even though nobody who doesn't own them can buy them, etc.

--

I don't get the KNUT joke... is it cause I'm not from Europe?
I mean, I see the connection, but the sign means nothing to me? :(

Also, did I miss anything while I was sleeping? Do we know what the NA Flash Sale is yet?

Any speculation or rumors on what Vita game localizations are incoming?

I'm hoping that we get Ys Celceta news soon, as well as God Eater 2. Both by summer I hope.

Also, once KH HD release hope SE has news on FFXHD and a NA release by Fall. And hopefully some new SMT stuff from Atlus in the form of Nocturne or Raidou.

Number45

The software manual for Knytt has no instructions in it at all.

Anyone know how to control the yellow power? I hit L and it shoots me up in the air until I hit the ceiling and it deactivates.

EDIT: You can't control it, you just have to activate it at the right location.

EDIT2: I think the arrows point to the light beam (save) locations.

Tomodachi

The only thing wrong with P3P were some really badly drawn character sprites, menu backgrounds, and overall a bit less polish all around than P3/FES. Other than that I think it's the best way to experience P3 right now, especially since that game looks like it was developed with handhelds in mind. I'm thinking about getting it for my Vita too, but I'll have to get a bigger memory card first. Can't wait to get P4G when I finish Gravity Rush, I will have to import it from VG+ (still no european version) but what the hell.

Toma

I don't get the KNUT joke... is it cause I'm not from Europe?
I mean, I see the connection, but the sign means nothing to me? :(

Yeah, sorry lol.

IKEA, a swedish company has some funny advertisements at times. In this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge9HiWdGBOo

They talk about the swedish tradition of throwing out christmas trees and celebrate the time of throwing out christmas trees with discounts.

Jokes are never funny after the explanation, but yeah. Ikea is HUGE over here, and I assume most europeans know them and some probably have heard of "knut" since its rather funny.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Not really. The only devs who use UE3 are western devs, and they weren't making Vita games anyways.

Japanese devs uses UE3 from time to time too Grasshopper(Shadow of the Damned and all of their other new crap),Koei(Fatal Inertia) feelplus(Lost Odyssey)CyberConnect2 (Asura's Wrath) Shitware-Enix (The Last Remnant) and other..

Yeah, sorry lol.

IKEA, a swedish company has some funny advertisements at times. In this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge9HiWdGBOo

They talk about the swedish tradition of throwing out christmas trees and celebrate the time of throwing out christmas trees with discounts.

Jokes are never funny after the explanation, but yeah. Ikea is HUGE over here, and I assume most europeans know them and some probably have heard of "knut" since its rather funny.

Ah, that makes more sense.
I think the commercial is amusing and can see why your joke would have been laughs if I had known about it.

What does the translation on the sign mean... the KNUT <words>?

Toma

Ah, that makes more sense.
I think the commercial is amusing and can see why your joke would have been laughs if I had known about it.

What does the translation on the sign mean... the KNUT <words>?

"Knut chops the prices"

Jinaar

I am going to be "that guy" but I really want something and I'm at work without too many real means to find the answer I need.

My PSP VITA (NA) needs Valkyria Chronicles 2. I read the other day the EU store had it for $10 pounds.

Are there any sales on PS3-PSN for this? My searches on my VITA-PSN store brings up nothing for VC2. I hate how all the stores are different per devices. So screwy.

Is the best price just on the EU store at the moment and if so, one would need to create a new account on the EU store to get it? I could search online how to setup my NA Vita to get to the EU store but if someone has a link or steps, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

kiyomi

I am going to be "that guy" but I really want something and I'm at work without too many real means to find the answer I need.

My PSP VITA (NA) needs Valkyria Chronicles 2. I read the other day the EU store had it for $10 pounds.

Are there any sales on PS3-PSN for this? My searches on my VITA-PSN store brings up nothing for VC2. I hate how all the stores are different per devices. So screwy.

Is the best price just on the EU store at the moment and if so, one would need to create a new account on the EU store to get it? I could search online how to setup my NA Vita to get to the EU store but if someone has a link or steps, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Only way to do that is if you are willing to set up an EU account and then play VC2 on that EU account, on your Vita. You would not be able to just buy it on the EU store and transfer it over to your US account.

Obviously if you want to play it badly enough, and considering the price differential, it's probably worth it. But you'll need a second memory card to do this, unfortunately. Switching accounts is quite simple. You switch your Vita off, remove your "good" memory card, and insert the second memory card. If it's got data on it, you'll need to format it and restore the Vita, deactivating any account tied to that secondary memory card (it will prompt you). Then you'll need to go through the process that you went through when you bought the system.

Don't worry about being "that guy", you got a question and people will try to help :)

Takao

Banned
One Direction is signed to Sony Music, right? Why haven't Sony pulled that one episode of Big Time Rush and have them pimp Vita everywhere?

Japanese devs uses UE3 from time to time too Grasshopper(Shadow of the Damned and all of their other new crap),Koei(Fatal Inertia) feelplus(Lost Odyssey)CyberConnect2 (Asura's Wrath) Shitware-Enix (The Last Remnant) and other..

Wario64's studio wasn't going to make a Vita game anyways. Fatal Inertia was made in Canada. feelplus dun care. Cyberconnect2's games don't use UE3, and The Last Remnant was ages ago.

Cheers!

I think on PS3 PSN the game and all the DLC is $20 IIRC.

Toma

Not even sure who "that guy" is supposed to be,lol. Everyone has lots of questions they need to be answered from time to time :)

Jinaar

Thanks, Monosukio! I had no idea that one required the memory card and EU account being seperate from everything else. Very good to know. I have a 4GB card so I may still take that dip because I really want to play VC2. Again such a strange thing for sony to setup. Thanks again for the information!!

Only way to do that is if you are willing to set up an EU account and then play VC2 on that EU account, on your Vita. You would not be able to just buy it on the EU store and transfer it over to your US account.

Obviously if you want to play it badly enough, and considering the price differential, it's probably worth it. And you'll need a second memory card to do this, unfortunately.

Don't worry about being "that guy", you got a question and people will try to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom