• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
[GIVEAWAY AT THE END OF THE POST]

Alright, I got the last code and its already the 24th of December, which makes this first post a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!-Post.

Christmas is about sharing, loving, spending money so short words of appreciation for you:
I love you guys :) Even you Toto! I hope you dont think I hate you for poking at your side and I really hope I am not on your blacklist either. The Vita threads were a warm home during the last few months and I LOVED sharing those game impressions with you guys.

Regarding Secret Santa: It was AWESOME to see all guys gifting, and most of us were even over the top generous and spent more than what was required. I hope no one feels bad about receiving $2 less than what he paid for someone else. Consider it a gift of appreciation. Someone looked at your games, and thought "HM, dude. Why are you missing THIS. Play it! :)" and I hope those gifts wont go unplayed until next christmas! Actually it fits right into the "12 classics in 2013" idea I had for a lets play thread, but I'll post that later (so we actually get to play our games).

Without further ado, here is the list of games that has been gifted during Secret Santa:

Ys 1&2 Chronicles
Alundra
Wild Arms
Legend of Mana
Breath of Fire IV
Vagrant Story x2
Parasite Eve
Chrono Cross
Grandia
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?!
LocoRoco 2
Megaman Maverick Hunter X

I'd say thats a mighty fine shopping list :) Codes go out as we speak.

Additionally, since I am in a very Christmas'ey mood (and bought the gifts before I got to know I might get laid off, derp), here is the giveaway contest thingie.

I got 3 Wild Arms (RPG), and 3 Alundra (Zelda type game) codes I want to gift to you guys! (who would have thought) 2 terms:

1. You actually want to play the game and will at least try to contribute in the Lets Play thread when they pop up. The Alundra one will be through January, and Wild Arms probably in February.
2. Be creative! I want a crude MS Paint(or whatever) drawing of your favourite Vita game (and state whether you'd like to get Alundra or Wild Arms)! :D If you dont want to participate in the contest, feel free to draw something anyway for fun and state that you dont enter the giveaway :)

I'll go to bed in a few minutes and will choose the winners of the games when I get to it. Yes it will spam the thread for 2-3 pages but I would like to see some light hearted Christmas fun :)

VanWinkle

[GIVEAWAY AT THE END OF THE POST] (once its finished)

Alright, I got the last code and its already the 24th of December, which makes this first post a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!-Post.

Christmas is about sharing, loving, spending money so short words of appreciation for you:
I love you guys :) Even you Toto! I hope you dont think I hate you for poking at your side and I really hope I am not on your blacklist either. The Vita threads was a warm home during the last few months and I LOVED sharing those game impressions with you.

Regarding Secret Santa: It was AWESOME to see all guys gifting, and most of us were even over the top generous and spent more than what was required. I hope no one feels bad about receiving $2 less than what he paid for someone else. Consider it a gift of appreciation. Someone looked at your games, and thought "HM, dude. Why are you missing THIS. Play it! :)" and I hope those gifts wont go unplayed until next christmas! Actually it fits right into the "12 classics in 2013" idea I had for a lets play thread, but I'll post that later (so we actually get to play our games).

Without further ado, here is the list of games that has been gifted during Secret Santa:

Additionally,

You guys did good. Great list. Merry soon-to-be Christmas to all Vitabros!

Combat is the worst part of Gravity Rush.

There's combat?

I love you guys :) Even you Toto! I hope you dont think I hate you for poking at your side and I really hope I am not on your blacklist either. The Vita threads was a warm home during the last few months and I LOVED sharing those game impressions with you.

Additionally,

Additionally what, good sir?

Additionally,

Additionally what?! Oh god the suspense is killing me

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
posted the rest of the post, lol.

Sending out the codes now.

Toma

Not really interested in those games but bravo :)

This thread is such a awesome community

There is a reason why I am pushing these games so hard,lol. They are really great (You dont like Zeldas? Or RPG's?) Feel free to post an MS paint picture anyway :) For fun.

That square button thing. With the kicks and stuff.
Or whatever, I forget.

Aw, Wild Arms and Alundra are games I already own on my second account. :/
Good stuff anyway, Toma.

Yeah, I knew a few might already own it, but I want more people for the lets play threads in 2013, so I figured why the hell not. Hope a few want to participate, lol.

Edit: Random aside, Corrosive gifted me Alundra and Wild Arms, HA. Thank you ;) I would have needed to buy them anyway!

Skyzard

Banned
-Awesome Toma!

Oh man what I think is the final track for Sonic Racing looks fantastic and feels pretty epic, "Race of Ages". I'm going to link incase people don't want to spoil.

Having all these extra difficulties as unlockables is also awesome. So much replayability even in SP.

Also, have some more Stranger's Wrath:

zzbn1.jpg

91Rem.jpg

ZENe4.jpg

ya37o.jpg

Toma

Oh and yeah, since I am going to bed now, it would be great if you guys could link the post and state that there is a giveaway once in a while on the next pages when I am in bed :)

I wish you all a great night!

Corto

Merry Christmas to all! I was more of a lurker but I followed these threads attentively and I'll continue to do so for 2013 and beyond! I wish a great 2013 to all of you and a Gran Turismo for our Vitas. Cheers!

Kudos to you Toma for your giveaway. ;)

Toma

MS Paint rendition of my most played Vita game:
jL1h6MZjye6sC.jpg

Those Mouse drawing skills.

That's a pretty good list of games like. RPG centric is always a good thing!

I hope you like your gifts ;)

VanWinkle

jbmZoKxwRQ54jV.jpg

I'm left handed using a right handed mouse and it's a mouse lol. Oh well, it was fun! I should mention that I couldn't pick a favorite so I just picked one I am loving.

Noi

yay UMD replacement

8302512198_804b35773c_z.jpg

Time to hunt more Mavericks.

Also, I'm in for Tomat's contest for Wild Arms. Gonna get a bit more creative than MS paint though!

Toma

jbmZoKxwRQ54jV.jpg

I'm left handed using a right handed mouse and it's a mouse lol. Oh well, it was fun! I should mention that I couldn't pick a favorite so I just picked one I am loving.
Alundra or Wild Arms? Or don't you own either?

Toma

Well I did say I had a good reason! It was an extra thanks.

And kudos to whoever picked Breath of Fire and Legend of Mana. Two of the few games I really wanted on the list that was available. Thanks!
;)
They were GLARING omissions on your PS1 list.

Shahed

And I'd love to enter for the Alundra giveaway, but I know I won't have the time to take part in the Let's Play, so someone else will be more deserving. Well played all the same!

GsI1t.jpg
bWv4D.jpg

Can't say I've ever played either of these, so this will be interesting.

Also I managed to smash one of those blue arrow walls in Sonic so hard I ended up passing through it and failing a challenge.

sDN1B.jpg

Toma

Well I don't really like RPGs and I've never played a Zelda. Is Alundra an RPG?
Action adventure. You poke enemies with a stick and solve dungeon puzzles. It's a great game, look up a YouTube impression but don't watch too much!

VanWinkle

Action adventure. You poke enemies with a stick and solve dungeon puzzles. It's a great game, look up a YouTube impression but don't watch too much!

I watched some and I don't know if I'd be able to get into it because I have trouble getting back into old PS1 games besides Crash/CTR! But I just wanted to draw a picture so thanks anyways!

Toma

Had a feeling you had me. It was just your tone in the PM's you shared :)

What did you get?

Alundra and Wild Arms ;) My Santa complained that I was too easy to gift for,lol.

Thank you, Noi.

Toma, these are pretty horrible, but I tried two attempts with paint park.

Again, for consideration of Wild Arms. :)

Alundra and Wild Arms ;) My Santa complained that I was too easy to gift for,lol.

I believe you were thanked for being easy to gift for.
Not having copies of the two games you kept telling people to buy? Well, that problem solved itself. :D

Toma

I guess I was late for the code hunting.

If there are codes left, I wouldn't mind Alundra or Wild Arms :D

Read the first post on this very page CLOSELY and the truth shall reveal itself.

Well I don't really like RPGs and I've never played a Zelda. Is Alundra an RPG?

Alundra plays a lot like the SNES Zelda (A Link to the Past).
There's more RPG to it though in that you have to talk to towns people and stuff to further the questlines or find out where to go next, IMO.

Toma

I believe you were thanked for being easy to gift for.
Not having copies of the two games you kept telling people to buy? Well, that problem solved itself. :D

Haha yeah. In any case this was a purchase I would have made definitely (so you saved me 2x 5,99). It was actually rather perfect :)

Bukana

Oh cool, sorry I skimmed through your post.

That's very generous of you.

I actually played all the Wild Arms games but I owned them physically. So, I actually want Alundra because I played it briefly when it came out, actually, I was gonna buy it the other day but Dokuro took my money.

Here's my contribution, I drew something a while back, if that counts:
scaled.php

And may the odds be ever in my favor.
I hope I win the Alundra code, lol

Miutsu

Yeah, I think you had the most expensive gift out of the whole pile. A very generous Mr. Santa.

I want to participate in the contest (have been eyeing alundra for some time now), but I also have a friend who would also want in but he doesn't have an account in here, anything that can be done in this situation?

Also, thanks a lot for the givaway and for organizing the secret santa Toma :) very nice of you

Toma

wow Toma, you are great for doing this. i won't participate, even though I would love it, I probably not have enough time for a JRPG
Alundra isn't an RPG, though still probably 30-40 hours long, which we want to tackle in January.

I want to participate in the contest (have been eyeing alundra for some time now), but I also have a friend who would also want in but he doesn't have an account in here, anything that can be done in this situation?

Also, thanks a lot for the givaway and for organizing the secret santa Toma :) very nice of you
As much as it pains me to say no to someone wanting to participate... The main idea is to get at least a few people doing the let's play threads with me next year, and if he can't post...

Playing Lego Batman 2, never played any of the lego games before....

game is pretty darn fun, the video quality of the cutscenes sucks though.

Well might as well try my luck with Wild Arms. Alundra I bought yesterday and I never played Wild Arms. I only really grew somewhat interested in it cause people were wanting a WA character for PSASBR and I do have kind of a soft spot for PS1 era RPGs.

0Pmee.png

Guess the game.

Maybe I should join the Alundra lets play thread and prostpone playing it for next month.

Shahed

It's good timing for me to switch to my US Account. I should be able to finish at least 1 of them by the time Persona comes out in the UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom