• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurinka

5sv85cR.jpg

seems like they are hyping something..

Nice! They did a great job with LBP :)

ZeroAKA

Hey vitabros, been an owner since the amazon deal, and I usually play a bit every day, BUT I didn't turn the system on yesterday and when I saw the system today, theres a one inch circle on the screen that's noticable only when the screen is black...is this a known OLED occurrence? anyone else had this happen?
The black blotches are normal for OLED screens.

If I get this question wrong too, I'm going to revoke my Vitabro card.

Dingotech

Groan... I let myself get hyped for that PSN sale and BAM zero Vita/PSP/PS1 games...

Suppose I might get a couple of the games for my PS3, but I really want more content for my Vita.

BosSin

This issue is really annoying, I'm hoping this is an isolated case and will try again with the only other full game in my dl list (FIFA).

Now I just have to slowwwly download Mortal Kombat while making sure it doesn't turn off.

I was thinking that there could possibly be some threshold value that keeps track of the download speed and shuts off if it is too low. Either that or my Vita is fucked.

:(

zulux21

Groan... I let myself get hyped for that PSN sale and BAM zero Vita/PSP/PS1 games...

Suppose I might get a couple of the games for my PS3, but I really want more content for my Vita.

never get hyped for any unknown sale it will only lead to disappointment. Assume the worst and then be super happy when it isn't the worst case.

hopefully we will also get a final fantasy sale soon like EU, but I doubt it. Not that I want much from FF at this point, I'd rather have chrono cross on sale lol.

kiyomi

The black blotches are normal for OLED screens.

If I get this question wrong too, I'm going to revoke my Vitabro card.

May as well give it in then cos that is completely wrong
nah it's correct
Well, most of us have some splotches, a one inch circle doesn't sound right to me, but it could just be a coincidence.

Of course, the cure for all black screens of splotchiness is a healthy dose of Rayman Origins.

zroid

Banned
the splotches are an integral part of the Vita Experience™

you aren't getting The Most Insane Handheld Experience Ever if you aren't seeing splotches

This issue is really annoying, I'm hoping this is an isolated case and will try again with the only other full game in my dl list (FIFA).

Now I just have to slowwwly download Mortal Kombat while making sure it doesn't turn off.

I was thinking that there could possibly be some threshold value that keeps track of the download speed and shuts off if it is too low. Either that or my Vita is fucked.

:(

Yeah I was gonna say, has it happened with any other game?

Noi

Feedback time!

I'm gonna be somewhat borrowing the layout that the iOS thread does for monthly releases, though I'm trying to make all of the images follow a similar size format instead of having a mess of different sized images. The idea is two screenshots for bigger games, just one for smaller PSN-only/PS Mobile stuff.

LAYOUT NOT FINALIZED Placeholder text everywhere

L6eb12b.png

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, $39.99/£31.99/€39.99

EDF is a shootbang game only instead of dudes you shoot giant bugs and sentient airships. You can unlock and play as this sexy blonde bombshell that zooms around and zaps things as is way past cool. Warning: Has no fish puns.

edf.png

cp2.png

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSP), $19.99/€14.99

You see this shit? You think you've been creeped out by something, think again bro, Corpse Party will make you fear the monster under your bed and junk. SACHIKO PLS

CP.png

L72acd3.png

Wake up Club, Free

Most badass game released this year, force some dudes to be responsible in this game about waking up to be a family man.

wuc.png

escape.png

escapeVektor, $9.99

Man this is some zip zappy game where you control an arrowhead or something and I dunno it looks super weird and funky. You zip around nodes and you zap em and you make exits and you poof!

escape-vektor.png

PlayStation Mobile

guncommando.png

Gun Commando, $TBA

Pixel art out the wazzooooooo. This is some DOOM and Wolfenstein kinda stuff, we don't see this kinda stuff nowadays so go buy it it's probably super fun to play since you have buttons and all.

gc.png

Feedback time!

I'm gonna be somewhat borrowing the layout that the iOS thread does for monthly releases, though I'm trying to make all of the images follow a similar size format instead of having a mess of different sized images. The idea is two screenshots for bigger games, just one for smaller PSN-only/PS Mobile stuff.

LAYOUT NOT FINALIZED Placeholder text everywhere

L6eb12b.png

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, $39.99/£31.99/€39.99

EDF is a shootbang game only instead of dudes you shoot giant bugs and sentient airships. You can unlock and play as this sexy blonde bombshell that zooms around and zaps things as is way past cool. Warning: Has no fish puns.

edf.png

cp2.png

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSP), $19.99/€14.99

You see this shit? You think you've been creeped out by something, think again bro, Corpse Party will make you fear the monster under your bed and junk. SACHIKO PLS

CP.png

L72acd3.png

Wake up Club, Free

Most badass game released this year, force some dudes to be responsible in this game about waking up to be a family man.

wuc.png

escape.png

escapeVektor, $9.99

Man this is some zip zappy game where you control an arrowhead or something and I dunno it looks super weird and funky. You zip around nodes and you zap em and you make exits and you poof!

escape-vektor.png

PlayStation Mobile

guncommando.png

Gun Commando, $TBA

Pixel art out the wazzooooooo. This is some DOOM and Wolfenstein kinda stuff, we don't see this kinda stuff nowadays so go buy it it's probably super fun to play since you have buttons and all.

gc.png

Looks pretty sweet so far!

Also didn't know that PSM game existed but it looks pretty cool

Skyzard

Banned
BosSin, sounds like your internet may have disconnected as well - tried leaving it to download in front of the router?

The issue of reaching a certain speed before it disconnects reminds me of a lot of router/signal problems..

zulux21

Feedback time!

I think adding in release dates wouldn't be a bad addition, it would allow us to also pull up old threads to see when such and such game released as well, but that might just be me.
and possibly a link to a trailer on youtube if a trailer is available as a trailer helps people more than just a few screenshots.

looks good in general though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Like the layout suggestion, but maybe a tiny bit of spacing between screenshot and the next game banner? They blend together a bit at the moment.

And release date info would be good, as the EU date often differs from US

Noi

I think adding in release dates wouldn't be a bad addition, it would allow us to also pull up old threads to see when such and such game released as well, but that might just be me.

Simple enough thing to add right next to the prices. I even have the release dates marked in my release date sheet, I'm not sure why I didn't add them already.

zulux21

Simple enough thing to add right next to the prices. I even have the release dates marked in my release date sheet, I'm not sure why I didn't add them already.

a release date sheet, you are fancy o.o;
but yeah, some trailers wouldn't be bad, if you need help finding those I can locate some for you.

Re: monthly thread OP.

Looks nice, though I think you should also have all the titles in a concise list at the top so people can get a quick overview without having to look though all the pictures. Maybe just list name, release date, and a few descriptive words?

BosSin

BosSin, sounds like your internet may have disconnected as well - tried leaving it to download in front of the router?

The issue of reaching a certain speed before it disconnects reminds me of a lot of router/signal problems..
I left it directly in front of the router a little while ago and it still happened, that's where my threshold theory came from

Noi

Like the layout suggestion, but maybe a tiny bit of spacing between screenshot and the next game banner? They blend together a bit at the moment.

I'm playing around with that, since too much spacing leads to the OP being longer than it needs to be. It's a tough thing to balance!

a release date sheet, you are fancy o.o;

I'm pretty much setting up the format for the monthly threads to follow, it'd be lazy of me to not take it seriously.

i don't like it noi

Senran Kagura will be there when I have the whole thing ready.

Re: monthly thread OP.

Looks nice, though I think you should also have all the titles in a concise list at the top so people can get a quick overview without having to look though all the pictures. Maybe just list name, release date, and a few descriptive words?
'
Fair enough. I'll see what I can do about that.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
maybe put in some helpful links to the FAQs of the vita.... i.e. how to make a jpn account. list of ps1 compatible games. etc.

i'm personally not the biggest fan of the vita thread becoming like the iOS one nor the layout..

...but that is just one man's opinion, not going to cry over spilt milk.

it's nice that someone/something is being done about the vita news/community anyways. thanks noi.

I'm sitting here playing my ps1 collection.

Fuck I wish tony hawk was on psn :/
Spider man too
And colony wars and descent
And bloody roar 2
And tekken 3

I disagree, I think it's perfect for PS+. It's the type of game that upon hearing about, I'm interested in playing, but when it comes to putting money down i'm just not likely to do. Getting it free on PS+ makes it a perfect fit for me, pay nothing but satisfy that interest I had in it.
Which I did, yesterday. Watching the Professor K cutscenes is so disappointing, when you look at the character and read the subtitles you can imagine a real smooth voice actor attached giving it all a great effect, but instead you get the horrid actor they picked.
Ingame I kept missing jumps and getting grabbed by police. Quit. Hot Shots Golf time.

For me, it's just another throwaway game I'll never play, which is why I don't like it as a PS+ title. Let the people who want to play it with their nostalgia goggles or love of the controls do so. It's been on sale umpteen million times already for PS3/Steam/etc. People who want to play it can do so and do it for cheap. Don't give it to me for free. If I wanted it, I would have bought it already. :p

--

Anyone who's into Motorstorm RC got any tips for the last two super car hot lap races in the Apocalypse circuit? They're driving me nuts. Them and shaving 1:55 ish off my total time is all that stands between me and double platinum.

I know what my problem is, but I don't understand how to fix it. I was doing the other supercar hotlaps by using a combination of letting off the gas instead of braking and by tapping brake as I turn, but these last two, I can't quite get it. I either turn too slow, or if I drift the turns, the drift slows me down too much and I can't catch the gold time. I think I'm .1 and .2 seconds off them. :(

I'm sitting here playing my ps1 collection.

Fuck I wish tony hawk was on psn :/
Spider man too
And colony wars and descent
And bloody roar 2
And tekken 3

Add GT 1 and 2 to that list...

Neither of those games will ever happen either and it makes me sad because I would play the snot out of GT2

zulux21

I'm pretty much setting up the format for the monthly threads to follow, it'd be lazy of me to not take it seriously.

I would like to apologize if I offended you with my statement, I didn't intend to imply that you aren't taking it seriously. I was more impressed that you were so far along already.

Noi

maybe put in some helpful links to the FAQs of the vita.... i.e. how to make a jpn account. list of ps1 compatible games. etc.

This is already part of the layout. Those links are too handy not to list.

And thanks. :)

it's in good hands now i salute you sir

Are you going to include screenshots for every game/app listed in the OP, or just a main few?

I'm ballparking for all, which should flow better once we're past february. The OP for Feb is gonna probably be hueg because it's combining both Jan and Feb releases.

I would like to apologize if I offended you with my statement, I didn't intend to imply that you aren't taking it seriously. I was more impressed that you were so far along already.

Oh I wasn't offended, haha. Don't sweat it, I just don't like doing a poor job at something, especially when I'm the one who volunteered. :p

Skyzard

Banned
^ It's nice and clear, thanks Noi. Maybe some larger text sizes for the titles?

I left it directly in front of the router a little while ago and it still happened, that's where my threshold theory came from

Ah ... could still be a router issue but yeah that is strange...might be due to ISP.. I'm sure it is a one-off.

If it isn't...might be worth trying to download it via another wifi network at a different location/downloading through PS3 and transferring it before taking back your PSVita/calling Sony... good luck though.

I'm ballparking for all, which should flow better once we're past february. The OP for Feb is gonna probably be hueg because it's combining both Jan and Feb releases.
Sounds good to me. Though there's something about it that seems a little... cluttered, but I really can't figure out what that is. Might be because the layout isn't finalized...

Yanksfan

Shank 2 $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
NiGHTS into dreams… $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $39.99 $19.99 $10.00

Probably will pick up a $20 PSN card and grab those 4 games. Still sucks nothing for the Vita though.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Shank 2 $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
NiGHTS into dreams… $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $39.99 $19.99 $10.00

Probably will pick up a $20 PSN card and grab those 4 games. Still sucks nothing for the Vita though.

is there no chance of any more psn/ps+ announcements for the week. did this 13 in '13 sale replace the typical announcements? i thought there was still some possibility we'd hear more psn deals/releases separate of the 13 for '13 sale.

hows the hot shots tourny going? who's left?

is there no chance of any more psn/ps+ announcements for the week. did this 13 in '13 sale replace the typical announcements? i thought there was still some possibility we'd hear more psn deals/releases separate of the 13 for '13 sale.

Yeah I kinda thought they were gonna release more as the week went on...AND YOU AND THAT GOD DAMN GOLF GAME ASDHAKSJH

DiscoJer

Man, Gun Commando could be great if they nail the Doom/classic FPS feel as well as the look. Hopefully they don't balls it up like Life of Pixel.

I dunno, I think Life of Pixel does feel like the older games it's trying to emulate - people seem to expect it to be like Super Meat Boy instead, apparently not having played those older games.

Yanksfan

Good question. I just got my internet patched up..been either out or spotty the last several days, so I will be checking into it and posting an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom