• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Haha I'm getting one soon. I'm rocking the 8gb now which means I'm missing out on uncharted and motor storm bc they dont fit along with the other stuff I have. Also Metal Gear Collection and Rayman physical copies on the way.

I wonder what other obscure recommendations I'll pick up from this thread. ;)
Surge! Lumines! Sound Shapes! Sine Mora! No Heroes Allowed! Prinny! ZHP! Alundra! Wild Arms! Uncharted: Fight for Fortune! Velocity!

Edit, goddamn. on vita now, cant post top page screens.

Surge! Lumines! Sound Shapes! Sine Mora! No Heroes Allowed! Prinny! ZHP! Alundra! Wild Arms!
Nice!

I have Surge, Prinny and Sound Shapes. NHA and Sine Mora are definitely on my list. May pick up one of those now if they fit on the free space on my memory card.

I didn't even think of Alundra and Wild Arms! I assume you mean PS1 downloads? I keep seeing you guys mention ZHP. Didn't you say it was going on sale soon or something?

Aqua Kitty, Dokuro, Gurumin, Ultimate Ghost and Goblins, No Heroes Allowed.
Also nice! Are the first three available in US?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nice!

I have Surge, Prinny and Sound Shapes. NHA and Sine Mora are definitely on my list. May pick up one of those now if they fit on the free space on my memory card.

I didn't even think of Alundra and Wild Arms! I assume you mean PS1 downloads? I keep seeing you guys mention ZHP. Didn't you say it was going on sale soon or something?
Zhp MIGHT now hopefully be on sale next tuesday. Alundra and Wild Arms are PS1, yep. Oh and NHA is only 180mb btw.
Its a very unique game too. Should be on more people's Vita.

Seeing all these games being recommended.. it gets me excited for the holiday break, when I can finally get some serious gaming done. I want to round up some more trophies/platinums and start working on some more digital games.

I'm mainly eyeing up Alundra and Dokuro. I want to get Orgarhythm too, mostly because no one has really been playing/mentioning it and I adore music/rhythm based games.

That reminds me - I need to get DJMax Technika Tune but dear GOD are those prices crazy. If I have to pay 40+50$ and I have the option of a cart, I'll go with that over a digital copy :\

Toma

Seeing all these games being recommended.. it gets me excited for the holiday break, when I can finally get some serious gaming done. I want to round up some more trophies/platinums and start working on some more digital games.

I'm mainly eyeing up Alundra and Dokuro. I want to get Orgarhythm too, mostly because no one has really been playing/mentioning it and I adore music/rhythm based games.

That reminds me - I need to get DJMax Technika Tune but dear GOD are those prices crazy. If I have to pay 40+50$ and I have the option of a cart, I'll go with that over a digital copy :
Did you play Patapon? Seems to be rather similar to Orga, except its cheaper and more polished.

Shahed

For some weird reason I got an urge to play Sound Shapes. What kind of game is it? Is it purely a platformer that plays music as you move? Or are you kore involved with the music itself?

For some weird reason I got an urge to play Sound Shapes. What kind of game is it? Is it purely a platformer that plays music as you move? Or are you kore involved with the music itself?

It's a very pure/basic platformer. The environment creates the music. Look for a YT video.

ZeroAKA

A new sound is added to the background music with every note you collect. It's my favorite PSN title for the Vita so far.

kassatsu

Banned

The music is created by collection coins, each represents an instrument. enemies and environmental objects also make sounds

zroid

Banned

it's the latter. as you play through the levels you add more elements to the music, basically

Toma

It evokes the feeling of "creating" music by picking up notes along the way and then afterwards indeed gives you simple tools to create worlds of sound yourself. Must buy if you love music and are a bit creative or like fiddling around with creative tools.

Edit: so, so late :(

bryanee

Still isn't back on vita compatability or on the psn store but i don't understand why they took it off, the problem the person complained about worked perfectly fine for me and luckily i backed it up before i deleted it and now i can play it on vita when ever i feel like it lol

Yeah I read about this issue but all you had to do according to some was change the disc via the touchscreen method.

OmegaZero

Ah thanks again! And nope I haven't even clicked on library yet, pretty foolish - will do next time I fire it up....can't be long now, craving that 1million mark.

Oh yeah, I forgot to explain the Bomb power up.
It powers up your lasers to be red and slow firing, but explosive for a period of time.

Did you play Patapon? Seems to be rather similar to Orga, except its cheaper and better polished.

I've played them before, I enjoy them but I wanted a different approach to a rhythm game, and the RTS elements to it seemed pretty cool. Plus, it has a platinum and man am I quite the trophy whore.

What I would really love to see hit Vita would be a sim/sandbox type game that I could sink tons of hours into.

Shahed

Thanks. And bought! On impulse! I never do that! It must have been years since I've bought a game in the spur of the moment.

It's cross save as well right? Do I need to upload it or anything, or does it sync like Motorstorm?

Thanks. And bought! On impulse! I never do that! It must have been years since I've bought a game in the spur of the moment.

It's cross save as well right? Do I need to upload it or anything, or does it sync like Motorstorm?

Options > sync > upload to cloud
Options > sync > download from cloud

I think... it's been awhile since I did it.

OmegaZero

Edit, goddamn. on vita now, cant post top page screens.

Top of page screen
in spirit
:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus EPIC BATTLE ABOUT TO UNFOLD:
wINYM.jpg

Whoops, wrong one:

It's only three bosses at once. What could go wrong?

Shahed

Options > sync > upload to cloud
Options > sync > download from cloud

I think... it's been awhile since I did it.

That's fairly straightforward. I'll probably mess around on it for a bit now just to try it, and then pick it up properly once I finish of AC:L. Just finished Sequence 3. Anyone know how many there are altogether?

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone else have problems with a button not registering correctly when their fingers are basically frozen? :lol

I'm hitting R in gravity rush a lot and sometimes nothing happens. Hope my button isn't breaking. Between GR, assassin's creed, uncharted and motorstorm I've used it a lot already.

cyborg009

Banned
Game recommendation Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke--- oh wait....

edit:derrick did you see those videos I linked you? they are not even a minute each...

Shahed

IIRC, there's

Thanks. It's kindq weird that even if I got the game at launch, I've only actually played it properly about 2 or 3 times. I stopped initially because of the bugs and decided to wait for a patch. But then while I
was waiting, stuff like Virtue's Last Reward and other games kept distracting me.

I could probably finish it in a few days if I actually sat down and played it

TheGrue

Well, my Vita is indeed broken. Tried a different charging cable and it still won't charge. Guess I will call Somy support tomorrow and see if they will repair for free. Not sure i can go much longer without playing Persona 4.

Shahed

Okay Sound Shapes is pretty awesome like. It's so simple yet stylish and I actually really like it. Heck between that and MBA I might need to start considering 2D platformers again.

Anyone get the DLC for Sound Shapes? How good is it? Saying the at 79p a pop and £2.37 altogether, I may as well just get them

Derrick01

Banned
Yup I'm pretty sure my R button isn't working as good as it was. Not that it was great to begin with, the shoulder buttons are easily the worst thing about the system. Is there some kind of grip or add on I could use to negate that? Anything besides sending in my less than 1 month old system to Sony.

VanWinkle

Okay Sound Shapes is pretty awesome like. It's so simple yet stylish and I actually really like it. Heck between that and MBA I might need to start considering 2D platformers again.

Anyone get the DLC for Sound Shapes? How good is it? Saying the at 79p a pop and £2.37 altogether, I may as well just get them

Depends on whether you want to make levels, since that's what the DLC centers around.

N7lu0.jpg

So I've been trying to ignore it but its driving me nuts. My screen has had this smudge since I got it. Think Amazon or Sony will replace it?

EDIT - I just sent Amazon an Email, well see what they say.

EDIT 2 - Amazon said they replace it but they don't have any in stock and are only offering a refund or a discount. Don't really like ether option being I got the Vita on the black Friday lighting deal so a refund wont let me get another one and a discount still leaves me with a defect screen.

I recommend that one heavily because the pouch for the Vita is pretty sturdy, has spots to lock in 4 games (in addition to the one in your slot for 5 cards) and the pouch for the Vita is velcro'ed in... so you can take it out. It's what I use 90% of the time with mine and only if I'm leaving my house for vacation or something and I pack up the charger do I bother putting it back in the folio part. The folio part is where I store my games though so I have quick access to the cards I own besides the 4 in the vita case portion.

Also worth noting is that I was able to fit my Vita in the pouch snuggly with the hori silicone grip case on it as well... the case is pretty much perfect for me (only complaint is the zipper seems a little iffy on the outside of the folio case, but I think that's because I don't have the vita pouch in there 90% of the time to give it extra rigidity.

come to think of it.. I shouldnt have claimed PSBASR..

that game feels like it'll go into Instant Game Collection soon

Feels like and will are 2 different stories. Maybe next November when the sequel (if there is one) may be coming out and they need to replace Uncharted and Gravity rush.

pixelbox

N7lu0.jpg

So I've been trying to ignore it but its driving me nuts. My screen has had this smudge since I got it. Think Amazon or Sony will replace it?

EDIT - I just sent Amazon an Email, well see what they say.

EDIT 2 - Amazon said they replace it but they don't have any in stock and are only offering a refund or a discount. Don't really like ether option being I got the Vita on the black Friday lighting deal so a refund wont let me get another one and a discount still leaves me with a defect screen.
yeah sony has a year warranty, so you have time.

zulux21

Feels like and will are 2 different stories. Maybe next November when the sequel (if there is one) may be coming out and they need to replace Uncharted and Gravity rush.

my money is on early july after E3 when they put the ps3 version on the instant game list along with LBP karting and maybe the new god of war game (for a big draw people to plus game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom