• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
my money is on early july after E3 when they put the ps3 version on the instant game list along with LBP karting and maybe the new god of war game (for a big draw people to plus game)

The new God of War game comes out in March (it's my only existing pre-order).
There is no way in hell that a big budget game like that is going to be IGC in June/July, 3-4 months after it's release.

Nice try, but it'll probably be one of the Uncharted games or something. :)

rCIZZLE

Just started Unit 13 and enjoying the gameplay quite a bit. Nice bite sized missions that are deep enough not to feel too repetitive. One thing is annoying me though - the trophies aren't popping for me. A few have so far so it's not registering as used or anything like that. Played like 3 co-op missions, beat 2 elite missions, killed 2 guys with grenades, among others I'm sure. Shit's annoying lol.

Mendrox

Just bought a new fresh Vita with Little Big Planet and Rayman Origins for 160€ :)
I guess that is a good price. I am excited :D I also have a gift card for another electronic shop so that I can buy an 8GB memoy card.

If I have bought Final Fantasy IX for the PS3, can I just copy it over to my Vita? I didn't replay it till now and just bought for my future vita. :x

And I am gonna sell my aqua blue 3DS with Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts for a few bucks... about 210 (DoA and Street Fighter are included too) should be okay, right? Everything looks clean as a whistle. Anybody who lives in germany can contact me ;-) just saying

Number45

If I have bought Final Fantasy IX for the PS3, can I just copy it over to my Vita? I didn't replay it till now and just bought for my future vita. :x
It needs to be in bubble form (i.e. before installation) to copy to the Vita, or you can download it to the Vita itself.

Sid

New Legend of Heroes (Trails series) was announced for PS3/Vita.

http://www.falcom.com/kaisya/ir/pdf/121214.pdf
So many VITA ports but this game probably never be ported it seems
SonicsUltimateGenesisCollectionCove.jpg

Kard8p3

So how often are psone games added to the store? Forgive me if this has been asked a million times already but I'm new to the world of the Vita. I just ask because I was wanting to play some crash bandicoot 2 on my vita but it was brought to my attention that none of the crash games are on the vita store.

Still isn't back on vita compatability or on the psn store but i don't understand why they took it off, the problem the person complained about worked perfectly fine for me and luckily i backed it up before i deleted it and now i can play it on vita when ever i feel like it lol

There was a rumour about a Resident Evil 2 HD Remake. So, if true, it can be the reasson they took it off.

kerrak

How have u guys been ul'ing screenies? U cant do from vita right? So email pic to urself and put on img hosting sit. And link to here?.
I do it using only vita via twitter..
Tweet the screenshot and click on it. Redirects you to the browser. The only drawback is that you have to manually write the adress either switching browser tabs or writing it in a piece of paper. Easier for me than using pc.

my money is on early july after E3 when they put the ps3 version on the instant game list along with LBP karting and maybe the new god of war game (for a big draw people to plus game)

Have they ever put a big game on PS+ soon after release?

Where's uncharted? infamous1? lbp1? all other ratchets, HS, etc? Warhawk/Starhawk?

They are really hit or miss on this thing. If anything they wont be for at least a year after release.

So Amazon said send the Vita back and they ship me one when they get one. Works for me, do I need to deactivate the vita I have no or anything like that? Yeah know for the DRM?

Bukana

If anyone is going to beg @yosp for something is that they should beg him to re-release Dark Cloud 2 & Rogue Galaxy to the Vita.

crinale

So Amazon said send the Vita back and they ship me one when they get one. Works for me, do I need to deactivate the vita I have no or anything like that? Yeah know for the DRM?

You should be able to do it from the menu, provided that you have Wifi connection.
I haven't really done it so I can't tell any further.

zulux21

The new God of War game comes out in March (it's my only existing pre-order).
There is no way in hell that a big budget game like that is going to be IGC in June/July, 3-4 months after it's release.

Nice try, but it'll probably be one of the Uncharted games or something. :)

I said maybe on it... if sony had a big game I could name this year I would have included that instead, but I can't think of any titles they released this year I would consider a big draw like infamous 2 and lbp 2 were in 2011. It will likely just be the two I mentioned lbp karting and playstation all stars. I kind of figure we will get twisted metal before then thus why I didn't include that...

Sony will want to make a big splash though so they will have at least two big titles for each the ps3/PSV. I imagine they will consider sony allstars as one of their big titles for the vita not sure what other game they would include for the vita for e3 as most of the other good candidates are in the same window as that god of war game and it is indeed iffy that they would include such a recent big title.

hmmmmm... I suppose they could go a different route, something along the lines of a special deal. a package that includes the new god of war game and 2 years for plus for $100 announced at e3. It would push plus memberships and not be a free game for all, only those willing to buy a lot of plus.

They need some big splash though since infamous 2 and lbp 2 will be being replaced then... though the might figure they can't make a big splash with 2012 games that will stand out enough from the ps4 that they will likely announce so they might not even bother lol

Where's uncharted? infamous1? lbp1? all other ratchets, HS, etc? Warhawk/Starhawk?

They are really hit or miss on this thing. If anything they wont be for at least a year after release.

ratchet and clank all 4 one was 7 months after release, some would argue the new version of virtual fighter was a big release and that was day 1. Also it's likely safe to assume the e3 update will be different from a normal update. It's their time to make a big splash and draw in more people to plus.

If anyone is going to beg @yosp for something is that they should beg him to re-release Dark Cloud 2 & Rogue Galaxy to the Vita.

while i wouldn't mind those... I would prefer to just get a dark cloud 3.

JoshHood

Infamous 1 and 2, LBP1 and 2, and Starhawk have all been on Plus in the EU.

Number45

Settings > PSN > System Activation. You can deactivate it there, or you can do it from the SEN website (though I think you can only deactivate all authorised systems that way).

So what have I missed this time?
Totobeni returned, everything's terrible etc.

Number45

I really with I could customise what games near gets goods for aside from just games I've played. I don't want Treasure Park goods. :(

Got the Platinum for Rayman Origins yesterday, great game and such amazing visuals.

That platinum takes me to 46 i think, now im just trying to make my way towards the NFS: MW one now :)

the 32gig card is calling me..... must resists......

I know I have a £10 amazon voucher coming my way soon. Maybe il wait till I get that to ease some of the cost blow.

Just with PS+, my preference for digital games (although I still buy physical because of price a lot) and having a few games backup up on my laptop that I could have on here its really tempting. The fact memory card swapping isnt a sensible process adds to this. I would prob be fine with my 16 and 8 gig cards if it didnt screw everything up every time you switched.

played some big sky infinity. Meh. Its OK. Will prob delete it soonish. Im not really into shmups though.

rCIZZLE

the 32gig card is calling me..... must resists......

I know I have a £10 amazon voucher coming my way soon. Maybe il wait till I get that to ease some of the cost blow.

Just with PS+, my preference for digital games (although I still buy physical because of price a lot) and having a few games backup up on my laptop that I could have on here its really tempting. The fact memory card swapping isnt a sensible process adds to this. I would prob be fine with my 16 and 8 gig cards if it didnt screw everything up every time you switched.

played some big sky infinity. Meh. Its OK. Will prob delete it soonish. Im not really into shmups though.

I'm kind of holding out hoping for a 64gb option. Either that or a cheap 32. $80 for 29gb formatted just doesn't seem worth it.

Dantis

Obviously level up your gravity kick, special, and health as much as possible before the fight. Then gravity kick when you can and if you end up near him, hit the special button. That thing is homing, so you should take a couple weakspots out every time you use it. Back away, evade, let your special recharge.

Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Man, it was really irritating though.

I hope the game picks up again soon. :/

Hanmik

Let me dream.

lol... I played the PS3 version of that collection.. loved it.. only needed one trophy for an easy platinum.. but somehow I couldn´t get it..

So how many people here have been blocked from yosp´s twitter..? lol

I'm kind of holding out hoping for a 64gb option. Either that or a cheap 32. $80 for 29gb formatted just doesn't seem worth it.

Yeah I know what you mean.

The cost and the fact that I really would like at least 64 gig on a system where games can easily be over 3 would be much more fitting.

Still....... I have birthday money sitting there...... and its calling to me.........

Must resist

I'm replaying Uncharted and I'm stuck.
I'm at the part where you have to pull on the statues heads, so I jump up there and nothing. The door doesn't open and the heads don't move. I've tried to time it so it appears we grab them both simultaneously, and still nothing. I really don't remember having any difficulties with this the first time I played it.

I'm replaying Uncharted and I'm stuck.
I'm at the part where you have to pull on the statues heads, so I jump up there and nothing. The door doesn't open and the heads don't move. I've tried to time it so it appears we grab them both simultaneously, and still nothing. I really don't remember having any difficulties with this the first time I played it.

it should automatically do it at the same time if she has said thats what needs to be done. Have you walked up to the door first?

Although I guess if she is already jumpin up to then she has already said that.

Odd..... load from last checkpoint maybe?

derwalde

If you havent already played Virtues Last Reward - GO FOR IT. It blows my mind how good this game is. The suspense is literally killing me. A worthy 999 successor.

yeah it should be a good year as long as the games all come over to the EU.

Ragnarok
soul sacrifice
god eater 2
PSO2
Killzone

These are my kinda games. Im sure there are more im forgetting to. There will be stuff that while I dont go out and buy, I will enjoy when they come to ps+.

Its strange because I got some PC games recently. BLOPS 2 was OK. Still not a dent on MW1 and after singple player campaign and then 10 hours of online im kinda done with it. Borderlands 2 is really good but I have hardly any desire to play it on the big screen. I also wan to play it mulitplayer and for longer periods of time than I get to play on the big TV.

Because of this I have drifted back onto my vita and am putting almost all my gaming time on here again. The fact I can play this thing anywhere in the house (and most importantly in bed) is what is so very awesome about it. I also play on my nexus a bit but there isn't to much on there thats truly great. Although saying that the vice city remake is pretty fun when using an xbox controller with it. Would be a great game to have on the vita though.

kiyomi

Playing Vita in bed is great but the problem I have is my elbows start hurting after a while if I'm lying stomach-down, as I'm trying to prop up the Vita.

I turn over and hold it over my head and then my arms get tired D:

I end up playing for a couple of hours rather than the intended 30 minutes.

Playing Vita in bed is great but the problem I have is my elbows start hurting after a while if I'm lying stomach-down, as I'm trying to prop up the Vita.

I tend to sit up slightly with my two pillows supporting my back. Then i will often have one knee raised and rest my vita on that. Hours pass in pure gaming comfort bliss. Also have something on the telly at the same time for extra awesomeness with the wife asleep at my side not remotely complaining about me gaming. She fell asleep watching me play persona 3 the other day. She likes watching me play sometimes. Just when I hog the TV it annoys her because she gets bored and it really is unfair on her to do so. I also hate the idea of gaming in another room from her, apart from friday and saturday nights when she goes to bed at 10ish and I get some me times for films, tv and games. Im a bit of a night crawler and she is an early to bed kinda gal.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Let me introduce you to the wonders of Prism Glasses

Sid

I don't think you know the difference between port and multi.

And what about this?
$(KGrHqZ,!noFBcZqvuLcBQ(JQTEdcg~~60_35.JPG

Megadrive games do not need higer res.
I did try it,it doesn't have as many games and isn't native res either,the games don't look as sharp.They(NGS2+,DOA5+) are ports though or can you explain why they are not?

Hanmik

iNZRImKCK84HZ.jpg

I have this kind of Bed.. perfect for late night Vita gaming..!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I did try it,it doesn't have as many games and isn't native res either,the games don't look as sharp.They(NGS2+,DOA5+) are ports though or can you explain why they are not?

Sorry i misunderstood, but to be honest you didn't specify the games you were referring to, the most recent announcements are one piece 2, jump and legend of heroes that are all multi, i thought you was referring to them.

UberTag

Hey VitaGAF... got a quick hardware question for you.

If the unthinkable should happen and one's Vita screen gets scratched (even with a protector on it), is replacing the screen through a third-party component site (like this one) a viable solution to sending it in to Sony and suffering through Vita withdrawal for a whopping $129?

I get concerned with sites that employ Dr. Nick infomercial-speak for things like "FREE Pry Opening Tool Included".

Sid

Hey VitaGAF... got a quick hardware question for you.

If the unthinkable should happen and one's Vita screen gets scratched (even with a protector on it), is replacing the screen through a third-party component site (like this one) a viable solution to sending it in to Sony and suffering through Vita withdrawal for a whopping $129?

I get concerned with sites that employ Dr. Nick infomercial-speak for things like "FREE Pry Opening Tool Included".
Confirm with them if that is indeed a 540p OLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom