• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?when is it?

Probably Summer 2013, I'd guess? Maybe later? There's no way it comes out shortly after the JP release; it needs to go through localization and such.

Also, when people start talking about spoilers, it helps to have some fucking context.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Keep in mind the game is a Abstergo propaganda tool

If it is, they choose a really bad ancestor or the DDS (Facebook game) dumped memories in bits and pieces because the story is disjointed and a little loose to follow if you don't do the sidequests like I haven't yet, I guess.

Also
true end: She'll kill her step-mother and explain that her step-mother was the big-bad afterall and killed her father to further Aveline's purpose of getting the Pieces of Eden together. Then you activate it and learn of "Eve" opening the temple or whatever in AC3? A little too vague there.

Just all my WHATs.

Cyborg said:
but did you like the game?

+Female assassin for the first time in the series
+Locations are new and not tied into AC3 (outside of
New York and meeting Conor
+Game shows that the gameplay can work on the system
-But to do that they made need to make the city more dense or lose a few people, or something. Framerate is like 25FPS and variates. It's not bad once you adjust but you do feel it on the first load.
-Story is disjointed and a little loose to follow
-
Aveline's mother and the whole story isn't really explained in motivations. Outside of LOL TEMPLARS at the end
-100% is annoying to get at times (no touching the water! No damage!)

I liked it, but I'm kinda disappointed with it. Especially since the tie-in with AC3
Connor accompanying you in a mission
is only there for five minutes. What was the point outside of getting
His Tomahawk which is all I used since getting double-assassinations with the hidden blade is nearly impossible at times

I gotta clean up on the singleplayer (finish the side-quests and hunt the stuff and mop up achievements) and finish ranking to 15 in the multiplayer (I'm like 8-11 in rank) and then I've platinumed the game.

Edit: Also LONG CREDITS IS LONG!

Sid

Probably Summer 2013, I'd guess? Maybe later? There's no way it comes out shortly after the JP release; it needs to go through localization and such.

Also, when people start talking about spoilers, it helps to have some fucking context.
I'm pretty sure that it'll be localised in march.

TheSeks

Because Mojang are slightly inept, basically. The Pocket version has been out for a long while and is still bad. The Xbox version, which was not created by them, if more efficient than the PC version.

They have a lot of work to do and I don't think they have the capacity to work on anything more than content updates for PC.

By pocket version you mean the Playstation Suite (er-"Playstation Mobile") enabled(?) version on Xperia?

I'm pretty sure that it'll be localised in march.
I doubt it.

It'll be another Gravity Rush situation where the game is obviously ready for a simultaneous global launch, but Sony holds it back because there's nothing to fill the summer lineup.

Takao

Banned
By pocket version you mean the Playstation Suite (er-"Playstation Mobile") enabled(?) version on Xperia?

There's Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Android, and iOS. The Android version was timed exclusive to Xperia Play, and has physical controls on that hardware.

Sid

I doubt it.

It'll be another Gravity Rush situation where the game is obviously ready for a simultaneous global launch, but Sony holds it back because there's nothing to fill the summer lineup.
hmmm...could be but GR wasn't even supposed to have a physical release in europe.

TheSeks

There's Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Android, and iOS. The Android version was timed exclusive to Xperia Play, and has physical controls on that hardware.

So why don't they simply make it Playstation Suite-enabled? I mean surely the hardware between that and this isn't that different to where it is a hard port to do and enabled for other PS Suite enabled hardware?

Vitacat

Question about PS+.

At the moment I have a month free PS+ which ends around 12/24. I also have a 12 month PS+ card already purchased. If I redeem the code now, will PSN add the 12 months after my current free month, or start it now and kill the remainder of my free month? Basically, should I wait for my free month to end before redeeming it? Thanks.

Twinduct

That AR game 'Open Me' actually looks fun for some reason. Even if the Advert looks like something that belongs in a skit show.

TheSeks

Question about PS+.

At the moment I have a month free PS+ which ends around 12/24. I also have a 12 month PS+ card already purchased. If I redeem the code now, will PSN add the 12 months after my current free month, or start it now and kill the remainder of my free month? Basically, should I wait for my free month to end before redeeming it? Thanks.

It stacks, you don't need to wait.

Takao

Banned
So why don't they simply make it Playstation Suite-enabled? I mean surely the hardware between that and this isn't that different to where it is a hard port to do and enabled for other PS Suite enabled hardware?

Well, from what I've heard Pocket Edition is pretty janky. Would rather a non-Pocket Edition version, but IIRC Microsoft moneyhated Minecraft for traditional platforms. : /

Quick P4G question because the other thread got too story spoiler-y for my comfort:

Do health magic boost items/skills stack? I'm only wondering because I got Blessed Hands, which gives 50% health magic boost, and wanted to stack it with Divine Grace, a skill that also gives 50% health magic boost.

If they don't stack to give 100%, might as well give Blessed Hands to someone else. Thanks!

Question about PS+.

It stacks, so you don't have to wait.
If you have a + sub and it ends 12/24, adding a 12 month code will make it expire 12/24 of next year instead.
My subscription has never ended and I currently have enough built up to carry me into 2014 sometime.

TheSeks

Quick P4G question because the other thread got too story spoiler-y for my comfort:

Do health magic boost items/skills stack? I'm only wondering because I got Blessed Hands, which gives 50% health magic boost, and wanted to stack it with Divine Grace, a skill that also gives 50% health magic boost.

If they don't stack to give 100%, might as well give Blessed Hands to someone else. Thanks!

I don't think they do, but don't quote me on that. You can stack buffs of different effects but not the same buff, AFAIK.

I don't think they do, but don't quote me on that. You can stack buffs of different effects but not the same buff, AFAIK.

Yea, I think that's right. Like you can stack an Amp and a Boost, but not a Boost and a Boost.

But if it's a skill and an item, they'll stack. Or a skill and an Accessory. You can't have three though, so no Boost, Amp, + Accessory, I believe.

Yea, I think that's right. Like you can stack an Amp and a Boost, but not a Boost and a Boost.

But if it's a skill and an item, they'll stack. Or a skill and an Accessory. You can't have three though, so no Boost, Amp, + Accessory, I believe.
Divine Grace is a skill, and Blessed Hands is an accessory. That means it'll stack despite both giving the same boosts?

How good/bad were the MGS AC!d games on PSP?

I'm probably way LTTP, but what the fuck

soul-sacrifice.jpeg

"All of the monsters you slay in Soul Sacrifice were once human. The Harpy was a woman of noble birth who fell in love with a fruit vendor. Everyday she stopped by and bought a bunch of fruit hoping to attract his attention. As her love deepened so did her appetite and she grew in girth.

One day, without warning the merchant moved to another town. The heartbroken woman heard the whispers of darkness and transformed. Her extra baggage became clay. Wings sprouted from her back and she flew to the next town. Rather than being overwhelmed with jealousy, her appetite took over and she swallowed the man whole. Now, the Harpy flies in the sky looking to swoop down on her next meal."

Holy sheiiiiit.

Raytow

Divine Grace is a skill, and Blessed Hands is an accessory. That means it'll stack despite both giving the same boosts?
They don't stack probably because Blessed Hands is Divine Grace in item form, at least I tried with Yukiko and didn't get more hp healed, but with Teddie it worked wonders.

They don't stack probably because Blessed Hands is Divine Grace in item form, at least I tried with Yukiko and didn't get more hp healed, but with Teddie it worked wonders.
Thanks! I plan on continuing exclusively with Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko though. The other characters haven't stuck personality-wise.

Takao

Banned
how come it's so hard to get these companies to do simple ports for vita

come on sega valkyria chronicles 2 + 3 qhd bundle
yakuza black panther bundle
crisis core qhd

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

crisis core qhd

They apparently hate money.

zulux21

crisis core qhd

it took a few years for the HD remasters to show up on the current consoles, they will likely wait a few years before they port some other games like that to let the install base get bigger for the vita, and so there is more time between the original release and the rerelease.

prwxv3

Man the recently locked Sony thread was hilarious, I knew it was not going to end well just from the thread title. Yea Soul Sacrifice looks great.

Raytow

Thanks! I plan on continuing exclusively with Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko though. The other characters haven't stuck personality-wise.
Maybe is the munchink in me but Teddie is a better healer, magic damage dealer than Yukiko and Yosuke, personality wise he is certainly above dull as hell Yukiko and maybe brosuke.

Takao

Banned
it took a few years for the HD remasters to show up on the current consoles, they will likely wait a few years before they port some other games like that to let the install base get bigger for the vita, and so there is more time between the original release and the rerelease.

But ports are cheap as fuck, and would help Vita fill in those empty release schedules. People in the west would also finally have another shot at VC3, lol.

Konami could do Suikoden ports. Heck, even port up last year's PSP game.

Sid

But ports are cheap as fuck, and would help Vita fill in those empty release schedules. People in the west would also finally have another shot at VC3, lol.

Konami could do Suikoden ports. Heck, even port up last year's PSP game.
They should port gow collection and gow origins collection to the vita at native res and 60 fps but guess what.......

MisterC20XX

Whoa, a new thread!

Hey bros, is the MP in Resistance: Burning Skies any good? Any connection issues or game breaking bugs?

Takao

Banned
Did AC get a patch yet for the saves problem? I'm just wondering if it's safe to play now.

In North America a patch has been released. Not in Europe yet.

They should port gow collection and gow origins collection to the vita at native res and 60 fps but guess what.......

All of Sony's HD Collections should be on Vita. I don't know why they aren't. PS2 was GOAT, exploit that library for easy releases.

Derrick01

Banned
So yeah I didn't get a chance to comment about my Vita since I got banned, but this is a really cool little handheld. I'll give impressions on some games later if anyone cares, I can't imagine there are many people in this thread that haven't played the games I finished so far.

Sid

So yeah I didn't get a chance to comment about my Vita since I got banned, but this is a really cool little handheld. I'll give impressions on some games later if anyone cares, I can't imagine there are many people in this thread that haven't played the games I finished so far.
Cool.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Doesnt matter, we love reading love stories of other people just experiencing those games. :)

VanWinkle

Whoa, a new thread!

Hey bros, is the MP in Resistance: Burning Skies any good? Any connection issues or game breaking bugs?

Lots of trouble getting into games, and that never changed with any of the patches, and the frame rate is oftentimes horrendous. As a fan of all three console games and the PSP game, I was massively disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom