• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

I am nearly at the end of Stick it to the Man and I can't recommend it. It's mediocre at best.
Some jokes are fun but overall the humor isn't that good. The mindreading gameplay gets cumbersome, same goes for the 'stealth' and jump and run part. Traversing the level is made annoying on purpose and sometimes you drop through a platform.
The puzzles are not great either and the story isn't interesting.

joe2187

Banned
So is Capcom ever gonna out UMVC3 and DLC on sale for Vita since it's gonna be pulled very soon?

All PS3 DLC is cross buy.

UMVC3 however is not so it's weird.

the only way to get UMVC3 now is to buy a physical copy, which is technically the most complete version of the UMVC3 since it has the ability to save replays, has additional colors and a hitbox viewer.

Daigoro

Party chat works fine, and I can talk to people on PS4 at the same time. I only really join parties at home, so I use the built in speaker-mic, works fine for the most part.

for online games too?

do people just use party chat and the vita mic when playing online games with friends, does anyone use a headset, or do most people just not bother with party chat?

I maybe wrong but I think it was $20 last time it was on sale.

i was shocked when i went to buy it the other day and it was around $35. i swear i saw it at 14.99 last week when i was browsing the store...

Kind of OT, but is there any hope that Mossmouth will port Spelunky to PS4 as well? Just saw it played on a PS3 and I gotta have it on my PS4 now.

Mossmouth didnt do the PS3/Vita port.

the PS3 port is the worst of all Spelunky versions sadly (720p, stereo only, longest save/load time of all Spelunky version by a long way). Vita version is only saved because of its portability and it actually has faster save/load times than the PS3 version somehow, but it is dragged down several notches by random slowdown.

if it was ported to PS4, i would hope that a better effort was put forth. PS3 version is pretty crappy.

incpdo

so why there is people saying Dragon´s Crown is horrible? thats impossibru, i mean i do prefer Muramasa but DC is a different kind of game ( a beat em up a la Final Fight or Captain Commando with rpg features).

Muttan Mudds was excelent on the 3ds(at least the demo was) so anyone tried the Vita version?

Terraria is something a little expensive for 30mb but it is good? it is better than for example minecraft?
Related with the last question: They still making the Minecraft-Vita-port?

Batman Origins Blackgate is a good game , not the game that will blow your brains out but it is good. A little expensive for what it is? yes. Besides batman cap the game looks gorgeous on Vita , i dont understand why they give low scores to the game. Combat is extremely fun, exploration is limited but it is not bad, Game is short but overall makes a good game. Sometimes it feels a little like metroid , but it lacks a few things metroid has , for example that sense of upgrade everytime you open or access a new area of the map.
If you like Batman you will enjoy the game. It is not a bad game at all(dont listen to those guys ). And the comic style on the cut scenes is really good IMO.

Agree.

On a (sad) side note. Seeing Akira Toriyama's characters walking around green fields just makes me wish more for DQ VIII Vita. :(
I agree.
And for DQVII on 3DS.

well... You can have it on mobile soon.
Stone cold.

so why there is people saying Dragon´s Crown is horrible? thats impossibru, i mean i do prefer Muramasa but DC is a different kind of game ( a beat em up a la Final Fight or Captain Commando with rpg features).
Mostly Totobeni was saying this but to be honest, I think most people like the game. Must have struck Toto the wrong way.

You have made the best decision you have made all year. Now get a 32gb and PS+.
And Tearaway ($20 at Gamestop and you might find it on Amazon for that price too.)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Mostly Totobeni was saying this but to be honest, I think most people like the game. Must have struck Toto the wrong way.

)

here not someone me for an example
Worst of 2013

1) Dragons Crown - After loving Muramasa I thought this might challenge for my best of 2013 but it just didnt do anything for me. The combat was not enjoyable and the game left a lot to be desired in comparison to Muramasa.

and many other hated the game they just don't post here. few weeks after the release of the game there were many people really disappointed.

I posted why I disliked it in details in one or two of the Vita threads -October or September one- and I can't re-write it because I don't have the time to fight with corrosivefrost right now over it (it's early morning here):p

incpdo

FF X/X-2 Japanese commercial for...wait for it...Vita!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVx3LjbXR0

It feels so weird to see dedicated Vita commercials.

I have never played FFX nor FFX2 so this will be a blast for me , the only change i would made in a remake of FFX would be the main protagonist , i mean is like a mix between the Bouncer main character and Sora, it is one big ugly design. Lets hope this FFXHD sells well so we can have FFXII on Vita.

That commercial should be edited with questions like , will we ever get Kingdom Hearts on Vita? Square Enix: Nop!. People Crying... hehe

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Not a huge fan of the Terraria controls. Love the PC version but didn't really like the demo of the Vita version. Maybe I'll give it another try later. Spent my money on EDF instead.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
hahahaha do you train or something to be so pesimistic about games? . It is really funny thou

I think FFX/X-2 not been good is the general opinion even among FF hardcore fans, no?

and nah, I write a lot about games I love but people ignore these post for some reasons (I even posted a top 10 best Vita games and our Vitabrother 2+2=5 focused on 1 negative comment on it)

also I was squee'ing over Digimon announcement a page or so back

WAT?

omgomgomgholyshit!!!!!!

and this mean I'll keep my Vita till 2015. sweet

Vita is life indeed.
^ see. no one said "y ya loves dem digimonz games or why you love gamz so much"

so it's not me, it's you guys.

incpdo

I think FFX/X-2 not been good is the general opinion even among FF hardcore fans, no?

and nah, I write a lot about games I love but people ignore these post for some reasons (I even posted a top 10 best Vita games and our Vitabrother 2+2=5 focused on 1 negative comment on it)

also I was squee'ing over Digimon announcement a page or so back

^ see. no one said "y ya loves dem digimonz games or why you love gamz so much"

so it's not me, it's you guys.

Hey i hear you about Gurumin , and i love that game too!(im new as a poster but i followed every Vita thread since 2011) So i do read about the games you like , but you tend to be a little extremist , i mean there is no way DC is a horrible game , maybe is not the kind of game for you.

Flandy

Thank you

Buying now...

Here's the post
Playing DBZ right now and it looks quite good. The shaders and lighting remind me more of a PS3 game with lower res. Definitely one of the better looking subnative games out there.

Runner 2 looks and runs beauifully with native res and 60fps. Such a joy. Mutant Mudds looks awesome too, though it's admitedly a less graphically intensive game.

A few screenshots:

iNtlPITWPB9wD.jpg

iFR38feJwpAGE.jpg

iWwCj2KbyQZnR.jpg

incpdo

DBZ uses the same engine as Project Versus J?

Im curious about the new DBZ does it really have 70+ characters? how about story mode is it good? it covers DBZ entirely?

Just saw the response Takao, too bad i was hoping some chillingo game was free this time or something

Arondight

Just started using my Vita and first impressions are, UI looks shit. Functionality wise, It's pretty cool and like sliding across apps and closing it.
PS store loads content incredibly slow but download speeds are at least pretty fast.
Playstation Plus is nice with the current selection of games to just download.

Overall, it's alright. Just fix the damn UI aesthetic. It really hurts my eyes. They've got the Xperia Z1 right? Why not follow that design because it's just much better nice glass flat look and lack of horrible colour choices.

Currently playing Gravity rush, Uncharted and Sonic racing but should start Tearaway and LBP soon.

Anyone in here have the "Roadkill" trophy in Rayman Legends?

I've done it about 7 times over, but I do not seem to be getting it to pop? Is it glitched with the newest patch or something?

People crying after realizing that FFX and FFX2 are actually very bad and not like what they remember.

Every once in a while, you strike gold, friend. :)

Flandy

Just started using my Vita and first impressions are, UI looks shit. Functionality wise, It's pretty cool and like sliding across apps and closing it.
PS store loads content incredibly slow but download speeds are at least pretty fast.
Playstation Plus is nice with the current selection of games to just download.

Overall, it's alright. Just fix the damn UI aesthetic. It really hurts my eyes. They've got the Xperia Z1 right? Why not follow that design because it's just much better nice glass flat look and lack of horrible colour choices.

Currently playing Gravity rush, Uncharted and Sonic racing but should start Tearaway and LBP soon.

I remember my mind being blown the first time I saw that you could go from game to os seamlessly

Daigoro

anyone else want to chime in on my question about talking with other players in online games on Vita?

headset, vita mic, party chat? do you even bother?

killatopak

Gold Member
Just tried out the DBZ demo and it's really great. Almost little to no jaggies despite not being native res. No FPS drops and the draw distance is also pretty good. I love the cel-shaded look and the combat feels like a DBZ game.

Steel

Banned

That's not true overall(X-2 is definitely trash though). The game has legitimate things to complain about, but it is really only as ridiculous in its story and world as previous FF entries if you're being honest.

I honestly think that people will like FF X HD more than the original keeping in mind that the most recent FFs have been the XIII trio. In comparison to XIII, X looks pretty damn good.

Flandy

Just tried out the DBZ demo and it's really great. Almost little to no jaggies despite not being native res. No FPS drops and the draw distance is also pretty good. I love the cel-shaded look and the combat feels like a DBZ game.

The only DBZ games I have ever liked were the budokai tenkaichi games. Is it anything like those?

Jagxyz

Are there any vita games similar to final fantasy tactics? Basically a party building rpg / turn based game or something similar?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted Golden Abyss bored me so much that I lost interest in playing the other games in the series.

I didn't hate UC3 by any means, but I tried the GA demo straight after finishing it, and found myself pretty burnt out on that formula. For some reason the Vita's implementation didn't strike me, either. It felt like a spin-off riding a successful franchise, rather than a fully-realised game in its own right (hello, Wipeout 2048 and KZ: Mercenaries).

killatopak

Gold Member
The only DBZ games I have ever liked were the budokai tenkaichi games. Is it anything like those?

Well it is reminisce of the Tenkaichi games but it's also different because of the Tagging and the 4 player stuff.

Are there any vita games similar to final fantasy tactics? Basically a party building rpg / turn based game or something similar?

Tactics Ogre, Disgaea 1-3, Gungnir and Yggdra Union.

Flandy

This.

Isn't it the same?

Probably like Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

I suggest you try out the demo.

Very very very very very different lol. For some reason I thought it was Asia only demo. It NA as well? It's been a while since I have played Tenkaichi but I'm pretty sure it was a 2.5D fighter while Budokai Tenkaichi is a 3D arena fighter.

Famassu

I think FFX/X-2 not been good is the general opinion even among FF hardcore fans
uhhh.. No. It's one of the most liked entries in the series. It was voted as the best game ever in Famitsu's readers' polls in some recent year and you can be 100% certain it would be quite high up on western FF fans' "best FF" polls as well. X-2 is more divisive, although in recent years more and more people have come to appreciate its gameplay strengths.

And you get criticism for absolutely ridiculous hyperbole. Sure, Uncharted 3 was a bit rushed, but it's nowhere near the kind of shitfest you make it seem like. I mean, no one would give a shit if you just said you didn't like Uncharted 3, but when you post a million times in a thread that Uncharted 3 is the worst thing since WWII as if that's some absolute truth, it gets tiresome. It's like you take some minor flaw and just turn it into some game breaking shit that has no redeeming qualities.

You also hate on a lot of other generally liked games for absolutely stupid reasons. The only thing I can commend you on is that I've never seen you recommend some absolute shit game, but again, you do like to hate on some great games for silly reasons or for stuff that is just down to your own limited preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom