• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

I wasn't aware of this game at all, but your description caught my eye so I looked it up on Youtube. Seems like my type of game.

Yeah, feels like this game is going under people's radar. Hopefully im wrong though. My currently most hyped vita game, second being ZRun.

Keep to threads where you can stay positive; you never know when a GAF moderator will find your comments/thoughts to be out of line and hand you a time out. It's why I generally stick to posting in here. ;)

Alright, positive is something i can easily do. Thanks for the advice folks :D

Fixed

but yeah I have been waiting for kickbeat for a long time now, hopefully they will be able to give us a date soon, its been in development for a long time now.

Hopefully, or else Stealth Inc and PJM HD are going to get my money if the date doesn't get announced soon.

Noi

No wonder people like this game.

BQKTPP3CcAASynb.jpg

Aytrial

Minor rant:

It's been like this since launch, but I really hate how the Vita compresses images when they're used as wallpapers. They look fabulous in the Photos App, but horrendous elsewhere. I've heard that this was some sort of measure to prevent a method that allowed the PSP to be hacked, but you think they would at least set a more reasonable file size limit before images were compressed to the equivalent of 50kb jpegs.

This month has been good for working on my Vita backlog. I finished Kami Jigen Neptune Idol PP and Haiyore Nyaruko San. Still working my way through Zero No Kiseki slowly but its such a text heavy game i takes me time to go through it.

murgo

Hey VitaGAF, new member here. Just got validated after lurking around for a couple of months.

I've had my Vita for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. I'm still completely friendless on PSN though.. if you guys wanna add me, my ID is murgolicious.

Looking forward to being part of the community here :)

Moobabe

Hey VitaGAF, new member here. Just got validated after lurking around for a couple of months.

I've had my Vita for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. I'm still completely friendless on PSN though.. if you guys wanna add me, my ID is murgolicious.

I'll add you in a second - I think my PSN is moobabe as well - so some of you other Vitabros need to add me as well! Put your GAF ID in your friend request though so I don't get completely confused!

It's not as good as the PSP Tennis game though. That is really addictive. I hope for a Vita sequel to it.

Damn - I don't even like golf, but I love me some tennis.

New Vita owner...possibly outdated game questions.
So how did the Ridge Racer game eventually turn out? At launch it was obviously a punching bag with limiting content, but did Namco ever make good on their strange experimental business model here? Are we still looking at recycled content from R6/7/PSP? I can be swayed for OLED RR if there is reason to do so.

Hot Shots Golf. Loved both games on PSP. How is this version? Full featured? Recycled content to get it out on the platform fast?

Thanks for answers in advance!
I’ve only played the first HSG for PSP, but this one does not seem like a rehash in any sense. Tons of content. Pure awesomesauce. I had RR on PSP, and waS certainly fun with some pretty crazy speeds. I never played the Vita version, but my interest in the series waned pretty hard when I heard about RR at launch. If you want to go fast though...you's best get yourself some Wipeout 2048. That is about as much of a white knuckle thrillride as you could get anywhere. While being anywhere! I just picked up NFS about 3 weeks ago. It has it's speed, and also casual moments, which is a nice change of pace. Can't go wrong with either pick. On a side note, HSG & Wipeout were my first 2 Vita games I bought at the system launch. I still play those at least once a week, and I have tons of VIta games. They are great titles that will stick with you.
Saw this on CAG. Possibly new-thread worthy? 3G Vitas bundled with 8GB memory cards selling for 50% off at US Best Buys.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...3gwifi-version-14999-clearance-best-buy-ymmv/
SHIT. I will definitely buy another Vita at this price. Heck maybe two, so I can get my gf in on this fun. I mean...with the $10 off for just applying for the BB card, that makes the deal close to sub $120 for the vita. Crazy! Sure, it’s basically an “enhanced” wifi version. And sure, I haven’t used my 3g since my free sub ran out, and I have no intention of renewing, but I like being covered for all options in case something were to come along to change my mind..
I thought I'd try out Everybody's Golf last night...... 4. FUCKING. HOURS. LATER. What a game, love it. Damn - I don't even like golf, but I love me some tennis.
Yea I combined 2 posts into one sowutwannafightaboudit? I am just thrilled to be seeing all this HSG love. It’s a fantastic game, glad to have more people jump on the fun bus kart. Moobabe, I *HATED* golf before. I decided to try out HSG when it came out for PSP, due to overwhelmingly large amount of praise I heard for it. Boy howdy, it blew me away. I never bought any of the later releases for PSP because I was so hooked on the first one. It was the most played game in my PSP collection, from the beginning to the end of the handhelds lifecycle. I am a solid supporter of all things Hot Shots now. The tennis is fun, but to me not quite as satisfying as the golf. I just can’t imagine something in tennis being as sweet as nailing a HOI or a double eagle…I mean those are some extremely rewarding & satisfying moments, whether it was a fluke or not! To each their own tho.

I always found it funny that the most unrealistic golf game made me love the sport…

Aytrial

All of this Hot Shots love is making me want to go pick it up as well. I intended to get it a few months ago, but none of my local game shops had it in stock so I gave up. However, it's on special now at EB Games and the closest shop with stock is only a 10 minute drive away.

I've also finally setup and restored my Vita with my new UK account, PSN ID is Aytrialz if anyone wants to add me. I'll be adding anyone who's put their PSN up recently as well.

Man, it's gonna be a pain to earn back all the Trophies I had, but it's also a motivator to actually Platinum some stuff!

Flock

any Australians that want to buy a vita,
JB hifi is offering the wifi Vita + LBP or Soul Sacrifice or PS:ASBR

for $199

Where have you seen it with SS? I can only see the LBP pack online... Is it in store?

I'm thinking it may be time for me to get a Vita. I've never played and PSP games so I'll have that awesome backlog and I'm really looking forward to using the cross-play feature on PS4.

Aytrial

Where have you seen it with SS? I can only see the LBP pack online... Is it in store?

I'm thinking it may be time for me to get a Vita. I've never played and PSP games so I'll have that awesome backlog and I'm really looking forward to using the cross-play feature on PS4.

According this thread over at OzBargain, if you go in-store they will say that they are offering LBP, SS and All Stars.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
guys, both PS2 and PSP Mina no Tennis bombed very hard, there is no hope for another game at all.

the game is great (Tennis RPG) but yeah sadly didn't do well on the charts.

This is actually true for me too, just got my account validated today. Got my VITA when the offer for 8gb and 10 games bundle was on for £160, so far i have been playing virtual Tennis and Gravity Rush, i would welcome recommendations. Looking forward to the new Killzone Mercenery. Please add me up on PSN: tosyn_88

Lesiroth

Just got P4G from the PSN sale. I loved P3FES so I'm looking forward to playing this!

On a side note: Fighting games aren't really my thing, but DOA5+ is an amazing looking game.

Aytrial

On a side note: Fighting games aren't really my thing, but DOA5+ is an amazing looking game.

The DOA series has always been a great fighter for me as it's relatively beginner-friendly, but there's plenty to master if you get into the mechanics. My only complaint with DOA5+ is that the models look a bit iffy when zoomed out, but that's also allowed the game to keep a silky smooth FPS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
guys, both PS2 and PSP Mina no Tennis bombed very hard, there is no hope for another game at all.

Does the PSP version even run on the PSP2?

Actually, I'm more worried about it being blown up and looking horribad than that given how Sony STILL won't let us shrink the resolution down to match the PSP. :/

Flock

According this thread over at OzBargain, if you go in-store they will say that they are offering LBP, SS and All Stars.

Thanks and just to clarify, until Sunday means I can still go pick it up tomorrow right?
(Sunday). Just got my deposit back after moving out of my old office and I've got some $$$ to burn :D

Aytrial

Thanks and just to clarify, until Sunday means I can still go pick it up tomorrow right?
(Sunday). Just got my deposit back after moving out of my old office and I've got some $$$ to burn :D

Yeah, until Sunday means until end-of-business that day.

Novocaine

I would think it means ends at the end of trading on Sunday. If not you could always complain and get it for that price. JB are pretty good when it comes to deals.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Actually, I'm more worried about it being blown up and looking horribad than that given how Sony STILL won't let us shrink the resolution down to match the PSP. :/

It work on Vita(it is on the Vita store), and it look good.

k3zld.jpg

it's just double in size, there are games that look good on Vita thanks to the artstyle (like Gurumin) what Vita PSP emulator need is a 2xAA option for better IQ instead (shame that SCEJ team has stopped working on improving the FW and emulator months ago)

This made me smile, I dunno why!

Be thankful you're even able to play that on the psp2...few short months ago they had a huge sale on psp games, even more of a sale with Plus, but sadly several of these games were not compatible with the Vita. Which, is pretty dam shameful considering the push of psp games on Vita they'd already been doing.

Game in question? Twisted Metal. I now own digital and physical, but can't play either. D; I just want some car combat on the go!

SUPER BRAG POST ;) Almost got 100 stars for that stupid trophy.
I know next to nothing about Smart As...but that's outstanding! Way to go!

murgo

Quick question about LittleBigPlanet:

Is the Network Pass worth it? Got the game used and the included code has already been used. Don't know if I should spend the additional 10€.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Man - that Sony RAM thread is absolutely hilarious.

Can't blame anyone in that thread really, it's very disappointing news that we'll be stuck with only 5GB for the next 7 or 8 years (this will hold down PC games as well because consoles are lead platform) and Sony were misleading everyone, Sony made a questionable decisions on Vita as well ( the GPU/Wi-fi huge bottleneck that just Add Water developer mentioned).

ReaperXL7

Man - that Sony RAM thread is absolutely hilarious.

Agreed, sadly its a prime example of why when devs, and to some extent the press talk trash about the gamer community....they are not always wrong. If Sony can deliver GOW3, TLOU, and Uncharted on PS3, or Killzone Merca on a handheld, I can not wait to see when they start pushing PS4.

Anyway, im almost to the last section of Stealth Inc, and it continues to be fantastic. Really tight platforms, smart level design, lots of interesting mechanics, etc. I really recommend it, and if you like portal, the DLC will be right up your alley.

I hope the Starbound devs are serious about bringing it to PS (Vita especially). I want that awesome on the go, though its likely going to be a good while since we dont even know when the PC version is releasing.

Priz

This month has been good for working on my Vita backlog. I finished Kami Jigen Neptune Idol PP and Haiyore Nyaruko San. Still working my way through Zero No Kiseki slowly but its such a text heavy game i takes me time to go through it.
How did you like these? I have Neptune Idol PP but only tried it for 20-30 minutes. Need to work on my backlog...

shink

Welcome! Added =]
Mine is shinkie.

Howdy, new neogaf member, gotta ask some stuff, hopefully this is ok to write here,
what stuff should i avoid doing to not get banned from neogaf?
and also, does anybody know when kickbeat will be coming out?
It's not the thread topics that matter, but rather the content of your posts. Just try to be reasonable and level-headed and you'll be fine. It's great to have a take, just don't make the mistake of thinking your opinion is a fact. And if someone is antagonizing you, don't take the bait. Just let it go. Have fun!

This thread is a great place to start, I'd say. Not a Vita owner but I want one so I lurk here a lot. The sense of community here is great. It's one of my favorite ever threads in GAF and I don't even own the damn hardware! LOL

Aytrial

I think my vita screen has some minor scratches in it, shit.

My Vita's front screen has some really faint micro-scratches (as in I have to shine a bright light at a very specific angle) on the bottom right-hand side from my thumb's nail. Those scratch notes from Project Diva can get intense and cause literal scratches!

...I'll take my leave.

Can't blame anyone in that thread really, it's very disappointing news that we'll be stuck with only 5GB for the next 7 or 8 years (this will hold down PC games as well because consoles are lead platform) and Sony were misleading everyone, Sony made a questionable decisions on Vita as well ( the GPU/Wi-fi huge bottleneck that just Add Water developer mentioned).
But that's a huge assumption. The PS3 OS used something like 120 MB during development, because Sony reserved a lot more RAM than they needed while they were still deciding upon which features to include. From what I understand, this was cut down do around 80-90 MB shortly after launch, and then brought down to around 40 MB by the time Uncharted 2 launched. I see no reason to believe that there won't be a similar optimization and tightening of the PS4 OS at time goes on.

shink

I see on PlayAsia they are releasing DJMax Technika Best Hits (Japan Version), does anyone know if it's easy to navigate for English speakers?

I don't think it's coming to Europe/PAL land and there doesn't appear to be DLC so I might as well import it.

ReaperXL7

But that's a huge assumption. The PS3 OS used something 120 MB during development, because Sony reserved a lot more RAM than they needed while they were still deciding upon which features to include. From what I understand, this was cut down do around 80-90 MB shortly after launch, and then brought down to around 40 MB by the time Uncharted 2 launched. I see no reason to believe that there won't be a similar optimization and tightening of the PS4 OS at time goes on.

My opinion is that they are giving themselves a safety net so that they dont run into another situation in which they cannot add features people really want like they could not this gen (cross game chat, custom soundtracks, etc) once they have a a solid enough idea of what they will realistically need I expect they will optimize the the OS and free up more for Devs.

Aytrial

I see on PlayAsia they are releasing DJMax Technika Best Hits (Japan Version), does anyone know if it's easy to navigate for English speakers?

I don't think it's coming to Europe/PAL land and there doesn't appear to be DLC so I might as well import it.

I was about to say that I ordered the US version off Play-Asia and wondered why you weren't, then I checked to see that they're now sold out. Anyway, the menus are very straight forward (basically just pictures with a star-rating for the difficulty). You would only run into trouble with the tutorial and description of modifiers that you can apply to songs.

Grinchy

Banned
Quick question about LittleBigPlanet:

Is the Network Pass worth it? Got the game used and the included code has already been used. Don't know if I should spend the additional 10€.

It depends on how much you care about playing online. Do you want to play the levels other people made? Or publish your own? Or play online with other people in levels? If you don't want to do those things then don't bother with it.

Top Bottom