• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Chris R

Picbox is fun, never played a Picross game that required you to remove boxes to complete the level though :(

Would love to see 20x20 or 25x25 levels or maybe a full on PSN release!

Hubb

Amazon has 32GB memory cards for $74.99 right now.

And I caved. I think 32gb will be fine for now even if they release 64gb. I have a ton of Amazon credit and I can probably sell my 16gb card to off set the price a bit.

Seems bestbuy has the same prices.

Holmes

Posted this in the Muramasa thread, but if anyone here wants to help me too, that'd be great. This guy was my worst boss on legend and I've pretty much given up for tonight.

I'm having a hard time with the Chimera on fury. I can pretty much handle him easily until I deplete his first health bar. Then he gets a red glow around him and he's much quicker, and when he does his claw attacks, he's much too fast to even avoid. His claw attack depletes half of my sword's soul gauge, and then he fires over 30 blue flames towards me, all while coming at me with his claw. How can I counter this? How do I get him out of his claw attack and back to spinning? Or better yet, how do I remove his red glow?

nampad

Media Create are only retail sales as far as I know. Would like to know if PSP sales are really cockblocking the vita numbers. Still many games coming to the PSP.

cyborg009

Banned
Photographic evidence is needed.

Top of the page reminder: Persona 4 Golden is still on sale on US PSN for $20. Get it if you're into JRPGs with a little visual novel action on the side (or vice versa).

OK

Album: http://imgur.com/a/HES8s
Here is a new boss, my character, nana (yes she has underboob) and a charging Ogretail

And here is a bonus a track from the game that I record for you: http://youtu.be/jwuvlOvxwtk

xKurdgm.jpg
vBeKXhV.jpg

npCkfz3.jpg
CuIOjny.jpg

VanWinkle

Very much hating Stealth Inc, the worst kind of puzzle game as far as I'm concerned.

Such an amazing game.

Why would you not give them the opportunity to max a game. Would you rather they shipped Vitas with no online mode? That's the alternative I'm seeing...as opposed to obviously better parts. But it's not like the biggest thing holding the Vita back is the lack of power.

Pretty sure Killzone will have online.

I think it's actually locked due to battery life. I could see them eventually optimizing the OS enough where it won't have an effect on battery life to permanently unlock that extra GPU power.

Killzone Mercenary is native-res, right?

Sure is.

kassatsu

Banned
Picbox is fun, never played a Picross game that required you to remove boxes to complete the level though :(

Would love to see 20x20 or 25x25 levels or maybe a full on PSN release!

The dev posts in the psm thread. He said 20x20 didn't work, because he doesn't want to make you not see the full board

Chinner

Banned
I had a faint but annoying little scratch on my screen and I solved the issue by putting a screen protector on. The scratch is invisible now and the screen looks brand new.

I used the hori licensed screen protector and it's worth it. You can't tell there's one on there. I will say make sure you take time to remove any bits of dust or fibers before placing the screen protector on. Maybe don't use the 'cloth' provided.

hmm might have to do it. its annoying me, especially when its noticable with the bright colours of rayman origins

Grinchy

Banned
You won't regret it. I'm having a blast and that without even checking out the user-created levels. And don't forget to use headphones, it's the only way to properly enjoy this game imo.

It's still one of my favorite Vita games, even if it is also a PS3 game. I installed it on my PS3 but never actually tried playing it there...

And yeah, headphones are a must IMO. Especially for Beat School (my favorite mode).

Courage

I just love the routine of the game so far, and the presentation is top-notch. Even eating fried rice from the fridge is exciting.

VanWinkle

Sound Shapes rules and I got the platinum yesterday.

I gave up on the platinum a couple of weeks after release. Death Mode was the only bad part about the game. And the thing is, the concept is great! I would have loved it. Randomization was the crux. It they designed the way the enemies work and animate rather than randomizing it, it would have been awesome.

Alright, just got Stealth Inc and its pretty fun. Liking the stealth platformer stuff to it and also the great soundtrack :D
My only complaints is that using the stick for platforming doesnt work when I push the stick down and that after every level, the game keeps insisting I turn on my wi fi and submitting my score :L
Other than that, a fantastic game!

VanWinkle

Alright, just got Stealth Inc and its pretty fun. Liking the stealth platformer stuff to it and also the great soundtrack :D
My only complaints is that using the stick for platforming doesnt work when I push the stick down and that after every level, the game keeps insisting I turn on my wi fi and submitting my score :L
Other than that, a fantastic game!

Yeah, the constantly looking for WiFi is a problem it has. Hopefully they get that patched to just check once when you turn on the game, and then have an on option to turn the network back on.

But yes, the soundtrack is FANTASTIC.

nampad

Man, I hope that Fez port didn't die with Phil Fish leaving the industry.
I mean it is probably being ported by another team anyway and there are contracts in place, right? *hope*

$h@d0w

I gave up on the platinum a couple of weeks after release. Death Mode was the only bad part about the game. And the thing is, the concept is great! I would have loved it. Randomization was the crux. It they designed the way the enemies work and animate rather than randomizing it, it would have been awesome.

It was randomized in a way that reminded me of Call of Duty 4's Mile High Club. The rules, enemy patterns and your tools are the same but your run and reaction have match to the pattern so that you succeed.

Gameplay excellence.

Takao

Banned
Media Create are only retail sales as far as I know. Would like to know if PSP sales are really cockblocking the vita numbers. Still many games coming to the PSP.

Really? Outside of God Eater 2 (which is coming to Vita) PSP is pretty much done. There might be some more visual novels coming out but those wouldn't sell Vitas.

nampad

Really? Outside of God Eater 2 (which is coming to Vita) PSP is pretty much done. There might be some more visual novels coming out but those wouldn't sell Vitas.

"Were" coming then, didn't articulate myself correctly. Was a drunk post ;)

Danneee

Hey guys, would you recommend getting NLKS? It seems so interesting...

It's a great game, apart from the fluctuating framerate (way better than nfs mw though). I read somewhere that it's got 4xAA which would explain that and they really should patch it to 2xAA to solve the framerate issues if that is indeed the case.

Aytrial

I'm having a disturbing amount of fun with the Rock Paper Scissors mini-game in Project Diva. Guess it must be the cute voices that make it more enjoyable.

Anyway, I'm on track to Platinum this soon. The only difficult Trophy is the artwork one as that's all down to chance. I didn't even get that Trophy on my AU account after months of playing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I thought Sound Shapes was overrated as hell. As a platformer it never reaches anything above the level of mediocrity. The only good thing about the game is the sound design. Sound alone does not make a good game. There are FAR better platformers on the Vita in terms of both quality of level design and value/length. The game was also overpriced. I don't know how much it is now, but at launch it was £9.99 and I think £7.99 for Plus members. For a game that's so short and with such mediocre level design and gameplay, that's far too much. You might as well just listen to a playthrough of the game on youtube just so you can hear the sound. Then you'll get the same enjoyment out of the game you would if you bought the game, except you'll save money.

hurzelein

I thought Sound Shapes was overrated as hell. As a platformer it never reaches anything above the level of mediocrity. The only good thing about the game is the sound design. Sound alone does not make a good game. There are FAR better platformers on the Vita in terms of both quality of level design and value/length. The game was also overpriced. I don't know how much it is now, but at launch it was £9.99 and I think £7.99 for Plus members. For a game that's so short and with such mediocre level design and gameplay, that's far too much. You might as well just listen to a playthrough of the game on youtube just so you can hear the sound. Then you'll get the same enjoyment out of the game you would if you bought the game, except you'll save money.

I thought it is one of the best games this Generation, but okay thats your opinion.

But we have to speak about the price: 13€ oder 10 Pounds too much? Nope. You got a two hour(?) campaign with replay value, Death-Mode and the "Compose it-thing" (Not counted how often you played this, it was there), and great and ongoing community Level-support that are even mixed into new albums by the developer.

I think I got >20 hours from Soundshapes, and I still fire it up once a month maybe.

If you didn't like it you didn't like it, but it wasn't too short. Even if you just played the 2 hour campaign, so what? You easily spend 10 Euro on a 2 hour movie... or 60€ on a 6-8 hour shooter.

Top Bottom