• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

wilflare

I sure hope the Witchinghour guys port RAVENMARK to the Vita soon!

I asked the Cipher guys about their games (SPLICE, Fractal) on the Vita... They said they need Unity3D support. I sure hope Sony and the Unity guys make a formal announcement soon (or a release date of sort)

It's been pretty fun so far! I wish the framerate held up better when there's tons of dudes, but so far it hasn't been a bother.

It's a great game, apart from the fluctuating framerate (way better than nfs mw though). I read somewhere that it's got 4xAA which would explain that and they really should patch it to 2xAA to solve the framerate issues if that is indeed the case.

Thanks guys, just bought it and can't wait to play it! Although P4G is waiting to be played, I'm leaning towards NLKS more.

Gamescom hope?

That we get a Vita version of Under Siege.

LzgzMxdl.jpg

What better fit!?
I can think of a bunch of stuff. Average pseudo-RTS from a console isn't one of them.

Aytrial

Thanks guys, just bought it and can't wait to play it! Although P4G is waiting to be played, I'm leaning towards NLKS more.

I haven't played NLKS yet, but be warned that P4G takes around 3 hours before things really get going. As long as you get past that initial drag, you'll be in for a treat.

Yopis

I bet I deleted it quicker. Horrible controls and the worst PoS camera ever.

Thought It was.a good port. Camera is goofy in spots like the original. What action game actually has a great/perfect camera? Ran It on hard to the end. Worst thing was touch for arrows imo. Camera was not a big deal.

Don't let It become - Im great at this game so it's awesome
Or
Im garbage at this game so It sucks.

All NG games should be hard imo. Game kicked my ass at first but after getting used to the framerate had fun. Love and own all versions of NG except Sigma 2 on Vita.

Omerta

I've developed a disease... Some sort of vita game-buying compulsion. I'm less than halfway through a shit ton of game yet I keep adding to the stack.

It's funny because on ps3, I'm a disciplined gamer. I usually go a game at a time until completion, then onto the next.

Something about the vita has changed me as a consumer. Does it emit pheromones?

Moobabe

I've developed a disease... Some sort of vita game-buying compulsion. I'm less than halfway through a shit ton of game yet I keep adding to the stack.

It's funny because on ps3, I'm a disciplined gamer. I usually go a game at a time until completion, then onto the next.

It's because it's so easy to buy, install and play instantly.

Its the same case for me, Ive changed. I used to stick to physical games but with the vita, Im going mostly digital. I've put tons of games on my vita but half of them aint even complete. Maybe the OLED screen has an effect on me.

It's because it's so easy to buy, install and play instantly.

Also probably this.

Moobabe

so ..mmm..yeah..
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636891

Konami announced PES 14 on PSP(and 3DS) but not Vita

as I said in that thread I can't blame Konami for this, for the football fans at this point I'll say just buy/support FIFA so maybe EA will put more effort and have impact engine on Vita in the future.

I wonder how much a straight port of the PSP version would cost though? I mean - it'd be cheap(ish) and would test the waters with one of Konami's bigger franchises.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I wonder how much a straight port of the PSP version would cost though? I mean - it'd be cheap(ish) and would test the waters with one of Konami's bigger franchises.

3DS and PSP are just PS2 ports with roster update -we are talking about dirt old PES 05 here- so it wont cost much but then again Konami already "tested the water" on Vita (SH:BOM, NLKS, Pro Yakyuu Spirits, MGS HD) and they didn't do well sales-wise on the system.

Moobabe

3DS and PSP are just PS2 ports with roster update -we are talking about dirt old PES 05 here- so it wont cost much but then again Konami already "tested the water" on Vita (SH:BOM, NLKS, Pro Yakyuu Spirits, MGS HD) and they didn't do well sales-wise on the system.

How has MGS done worldwide? None of the others really seem to scream 'success stories' to me - especially NLKS which isn't as good as the Wii version and didn't get a retail release in Europe AND it's £34.99!!!!!! No wonder it didn't sell

The Vita has demonstrated, especially in Japan, that it CAN sell software - and surely the potential sales, even if they're low 'ish' would outweigh the cost of a PS2 port?

omg_mjd

Sat down on the exercise bike with my Vita and Lumines. An hour later I'm about ready to collapse but on the bright side I beat my high score (but not Voyage mode, dammit).

Have any of you guys tried the same thing? I guess it doesn't work as well on the treadmill or other machines but I find that playing with the Vita while on a stationary bike is a decent workout. Also helps that I do this at home and not in a public gym. :)

Just finished Gladiator Begins. The reviews I read said the story was non-existent but that turned out to be untrue. The story path I went down was actually pretty decent, too!

Now to start a new game and start grinding again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the AI started getting cheeky near the end. The player can't block or parry with their back turned, but the AI was doing that a bunch in the last few fights I had. The final boss was still a chump, though.

Danneee

especially NLKS which isn't as good as the Wii version and didn't get a retail release in Europe AND it's £34.99!!!!!! No wonder it didn't sell

It did get a retail release in EU. Bought it myself a couple of weeks ago, and it is better than the Wii version solely by being a portable versio.n of an awesome game

omg_mjd

Just finished Gladiator Begins. The reviews I read said the story was non-existent but that turned out to be untrue. The story path I went down was actually pretty decent, too!

Now to start a new game and start grinding again.

I'm putting this game on my wishlist. Kinda glad I didn't have a PSP before--so many games to get into. Just bought Persona 2 myself and also enjoying Metal Slug XX.

It did get a retail release in EU. Bought it myself a couple of weeks ago, and it is better than the Wii version solely by being a portable versio.n of an awesome game

Fans of the original game probably don't like the new art style but I like it though.

Moobabe

I've never seen the cart anywhere! Madness, even so - people complain about us getting ports of Indie games a year or so late and them being "expensive" - did Konami really expect Vita owners to rush out and buy a port of a Wii game with a HUGE price increase?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I'm in the same weird boat with buying on the Vita. Totally not my normal style.

As i often say the more you play on vita the more you want to play on it, all the bullshits about how better is playing games on home consoles are false, playing any game on vita is overall better.

Sat down on the exercise bike with my Vita and Lumines. An hour later I'm about ready to collapse but on the bright side I beat my high score (but not Voyage mode, dammit).

Have any of you guys tried the same thing? I guess it doesn't work as well on the treadmill or other machines but I find that playing with the Vita while on a stationary bike is a decent workout. Also helps that I do this at home and not in a public gym. :)
*Brofist

Been doing this for a long time now. Infact, i actually completed some games on just exercise bike :p

I haven't played NLKS yet, but be warned that P4G takes around 3 hours before things really get going. As long as you get past that initial drag, you'll be in for a treat.

I'm 2 hours in now in P4G and just
defeated Yosuke's other self
. Its been fun so far and the introduction wasn't as bad as people around here say it is.

As i often say the more you play on vita the more you want to play on it, all the bullshits about how better is playing games on home consoles are false, playing any game on vita is overall better.

yup and at this point, im buying most vita titles out of principal and to show my undying love for the platform... even if i haven't even got through half of those games yet lol

(posted from a vita)

Im the same way, ive never had a "backlog" of games before, i usually buy a game, beat the shit out of it and then move to the next. With vita i cant stop buying new games before i finish the ones im playing. This is especially odd considering the fact that vita has "no games"

Moobabe

yup and at this point, im buying most vita titles out of principal and to show my undying love for the platform... even if i haven't even got through half of those games yet lol

(posted from a vita)

We all our owe it to each other to buy Batman, Tearaway and Football Manager (I guess maybe Killzone) to show pubs that it's a viable platform. Fuck - Football Manager on the toilet would be the best thing ever.

I'm buying a shit lot of stuff on Vita too, my vita backlog is ridiculous, on the other hand, my steam buy have gone way down now because when I see some interesting game on steam and even ps3, I kept saying I'll wait if there's going to be Vita version.

Since people are discussing large quantities of Vita purchases, I recently picked a Vita up with Soul Sacrifice, and was looking for some recommendations for games (PSN and Retail). I already have NGS+, Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss from PS+. I'm planning on getting Persona 4 Golden and Virtue's Last Reward retail.

I should mention that I'm in the UK, so no Dragon's Crown or Muramasa: Rebirth for me (yet). I'm more of an RPG player (and will probably pick a couple of the PSP ones off PSN that I missed during my PSP days), but will happily play other genres if they're good. Not really a shooter fan, though, but will make exceptions.

Moobabe

Since people are discussing large quantities of Vita purchases, I recently picked a Vita up with Soul Sacrifice, and was looking for some recommendations for games (PSN and Retail). I already have NGS+, Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss from PS+. I'm planning on getting Persona 4 Golden and Virtue's Last Reward retail.

I should mention that I'm in the UK, so no Dragon's Crown or Muramasa: Rebirth for me (yet). I'm more of an RPG player (and will probably pick a couple of the PSP ones off PSN that I missed during my PSP days), but will happily play other genres if they're good. Not really a shooter fan, though, but will make exceptions.

Guacamelee and Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

Dragon Book Fantasy 1
Atelier Totori Plus
Disgae 3: Absence of Detention
Sine Mora - It plays extremely well on handheld
Rayman Origins
Guacamelee
Hot Shots Golf
Mutant Blob Attack
Thomas Was Alone
Unit 13

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
For those interested, there's a new update on the Starlight Inception Kickstarter page. If this is as close as I'm gonna get to a Wing Commander or Colony Wars portable, then so be it.

been following this for a while. huge fan of colony wars, so i've got high hopes for this.

Dragon Book Fantasy 1
Atelier Totori Plus
Rayman Origins
Guacamelee
Hot Shots Golf
Mutant Blob Attack
Thomas Was Alone
Unit 13

you seem to have good taste... makes me want to check out the games i haven't played on your list (unit 13 & atelier in particular)

not that i need any more Vita games

Dragon Book Fantasy 1
Atelier Totori Plus
Rayman Origins
Guacamelee
Hot Shots Golf
Mutant Blob Attack
Thomas Was Alone
Unit 13

Thanks! Looks like a solid list. Though I finished Disgaea 3 on PS3 and have little desire to do it all over again! Still working on Disgaea 4, and D2 is out soon -_- ... I think, upon surveying my profile, that I technically have Sine Mora and Unit 13, and maybe Rayman Origins, on PS+ as it is, so I guess I will be busy for a while yet!

I platted Atelier Rorona and Atelier Ayesha on PS3. The only thing against me getting Totori on Vita is the cost, which is inordinately high at present. Wish there was a retail version in the West.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thanks! Looks like a solid list. Though I finished Disgaea 3 on PS3 and have little desire to do it all over again! Still working on Disgaea 4, and D2 is out soon -_- ... I think, upon surveying my profile, that I technically have Sine Mora and Unit 13, and maybe Rayman Origins, on PS+ as it is, so I guess I will be busy for a while yet!

I platted Atelier Rorona and Atelier Ayesha on PS3. The only thing against me getting Totori on Vita is the cost, which is inordinately high at present. Wish there was a retail version in the West.

GO PLAY RAYMAN ORIGINS

Aytrial

I'm 2 hours in now in P4G and just
defeated Yosuke's other self
. Its been fun so far and the introduction wasn't as bad as people around here say it is.

I was fine with the introduction as I got hooked on the dialogue pretty quickly, but I've seen other people complain about the lack of gameplay.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
How has MGS done worldwide? None of the others really seem to scream 'success stories' to me - especially NLKS which isn't as good as the Wii version and didn't get a retail release in Europe AND it's £34.99!!!!!! No wonder it didn't sell

never saw MGS charted anywhere, it's user rating on the US store is nothing to write home about

this is what Konami said about Vita
Vita version is not planned because: “The install base isn't great. We're doing a PSP version because there's still demand for it. A very small team work on it. Very small.”
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pes-2014-skipping-ps4-xbox-one-vita-and-3ds/0116548

The Vita has demonstrated, especially in Japan, that it CAN sell software - and surely the potential sales, even if they're low 'ish' would outweigh the cost of a PS2 port

sure Vita sell something like a MonHun clone or a niche Japanese games, but Konami tried multiple games including freaking Metal Gear, Silent Hill (well it's called SH) and a sport games and all failed, it's not like they didn't show support to Vita (they did but sadly didn't sold well) and Konami is not a publisher that can risk it, they are not EA or Ubi, I really can't blame them here.

Football fans on Vita will still have the PSP version to play (if it hit EU) and SEGA two football manager IPs and also FIFA 14 (Vita people should ask EA to have impact engine version on Vita), so it's not that bad and I'd like to see Sony put a soccer game like This is Football/World Tour Soccer on Vita.

Lesiroth

I downloaded Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice demos, was looking for something to follow up the 150+ hours of MHFU on my PSP.

RO seems really average as an MH clone, nothing remarkable about it so far. Maybe Ace will fare better.

SS on the other hand was a pleasant surprise. It's a bit disingenuous to call it an MH clone though, they doesn't share many mechanics. It also took a bit to click, but thankfully the demo was meaty enough to carry it through. And hey, it has a story worth a damn. The only real negatives for me are the bad (at times) voice acting, and the visuals which are at times very muddy/soft. I'm assuming this is because the game is not at native-res?

I really hope native-res becomes the norm gradually, but it seems the GPU's not up for the qHD res of the screen.
Also, the geek in me is wondering how Sony plans on making Remote Play work smoothly with no dual-band/5GHz WiFi in the Vita, but I guess we'll find out.

Skyzard

Banned
Tbh, I don't think pro evo has a chance against Fifa anymore anyway. Fifa have gained so much ground in the time they've been sleeping with pro evo.

Fifa 2013 Vita is the best handheld football game! It's really good. I'd love new features and not a roster update in 2014 of course. But it's not a shoddy port at all for missing those features.

Usually I'd say it's nice to have competition too, pushing the franchises...but I'm pretty impressed with EA and Fifa...guess more money is motivation enough with the userbases they're dealing with.

$h@d0w

SS on the other hand was a pleasant surprise. It's a bit disingenuous to call it an MH clone though, they doesn't share many mechanics. It also took a bit to click, but thankfully the demo was meaty enough to carry it through. And hey, it has a story worth a damn. The only real negatives for me are the bad (at times) voice acting, and the visuals which are at times very muddy/soft. I'm assuming this is because the game is not at native-res?

Not sure if the demo got updated but the full game was patched to 1.20 recently and the texture sharpness improved.

Moobabe

never saw MGS charted anywhere, it's user rating on the US store is nothing to write home about

this is what Konami said about Vita

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pes-2014-skipping-ps4-xbox-one-vita-and-3ds/0116548

sure Vita sell something like a MonHun clone or a niche Japanese games, but Konami tried multiple games including freaking Metal Gear, Silent Hill (well it's called SH) and a sport games and all failed, it's not like they didn't show support to Vita (they did but sadly didn't sold well) and Konami is not a publisher that can risk it, they are not EA or Ubi, I really can't blame them here.

Football fans on Vita will still have the PSP version to play (if it hit EU) and SEGA two football manager IPs and also FIFA 14 (Vita people should ask EA to have impact engine version on Vita), so it's not that bad and I'd like to see Sony put a soccer game like This is Football/World Tour Soccer on Vita.

Was MGS cross buy? And is user rating the best way we have to determine people who bought it? There's 3,200 ratings of the collection on the EU store, 520 of MGS3 and 190 of MGS2 while MGS has 10,000.

Have they ever disclosed figures at all? For any of these titles?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I really hope native-res becomes the norm gradually, but it seems the GPU's not up for the qHD res of the screen.

No, Vita GPU is more than capable of doing native res games, I mean look at this native res game
original.jpg

and there are many other, Toukiden, FIFA 13, Virtua Tennis 4, Sonic Transformed and other, Soul Sacrifice is clearly rushed, I mean just look at the PSone-ish textures, you can't judge the GPU based on one game that graphically look the norm on the system.

Was MGS cross buy? And is user rating the best way we have to determine people who bought it? There's 3,200 ratings of the collection on the EU store, 520 of MGS3 and 190 of MGS2 while MGS has 10,000.

Have they ever disclosed figures at all? For any of these titles?

Not cross buy. Nah but it's something. I have no idea.

as I said it wasn't charted anywhere (NPD, Chart Track) and for me didn't heard anything good about them sales but anyway. and in the end Konami just don't see Vita as a good system for their games anymore.

Tbh, I don't think pro evo has a chance against Fifa anymore anyway. Fifa have gained so much ground in the time they've been sleeping with pro evo.

Fifa 2013 Vita is the best handheld football game! It's really good. I'd love new features and not a roster update in 2014 of course. But it's not a shoddy port at all for missing those features.

Usually I'd say it's nice to have competition too, pushing the franchises...but I'm pretty impressed with EA and Fifa...guess more money is motivation enough with the userbases they're dealing with.

While it's not impact engine, it's still good FIFA game(and 13 was a very good port tech-wise)

I think football fans on Vita should support what on the system, they might even get EA to improve it and have new animations and physics in the future if it sells well, as for Konami the hope is lost. .

Top Bottom