• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Akira_83

Banned
People buying good games at decent prices is hardly disappointing. We'd all be much worse off if these games weren't selling. The Vita would be 6 feet under.

Yes, I expect top tier indies to debut at around £12 / $15. That's perfectly fair to me.

Get fucking real. The last people you should rail against are Vita owners that actually buy software. They're the ones keeping the platform above water.

wow good job

ive got over 22 retail vita games bought new so ive done my part too

but what is buying an old game that was mediocre and overpriced back in 2010 doing to help the vita? that we will buy anything you throw at us because we are that desparate?

theres a lot of other stuff on the vita more deserving of your money, ESPECIALLY 15 fucking dollars

If they use that as a justification then they need to offer a non cross buy version for cheaper for people like me who don't have a ps3 and therefore have no interest in it being usable on that platform.

Limbo was OK. But its like 3 hours long and not exactly replayable. I got it for £3 on steam ages ago and it was fun but i have no reason to buy it again.
What I meant was you get all the content from the PS3 game and the PSP game in this version.

And the PSP version is totally different from the PS3 version. It has new maps, new towers, and new enemies.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Akira_83 said:
theres a lot of other stuff on the vita more deserving of your money, ESPECIALLY 15 fucking dollars
That may be true for Limbo, but PJM is an outstanding game in its genre, and was well worth 15$-20$ when it came out (I forget, it's been awhile).

That said - I stand by what I said that when you have both PS3 and PSP versions cheaper(and no crossbuy) - either one of them is the better buy (and PSP version works great on Vita).

ricen-beans said:
And the PSP version is totally different from the PS3 version. It has new maps, new towers, and new enemies.
That's stretching things a bit. It was the best version of the game, but it shares 80% of the content and challenge unlocks with PS3. And they both had the random-island thing (although on PS3 I think that only came with the add-on).

Moobabe

i dont think any intelligent self respecting Vita owner bought Limbo for $15, i gaurantee the ones who downloaded it already had purchased the PS3 version and got the cross buy free

anyone who did is fucking disgusting, and yes are setting a horrible precedent that we will gladly pay a ton of money for mediocre artsy platformers

First of all:

Yes, I expect top tier indies to debut at around £12 / $15. That's perfectly fair to me.

Get fucking real. The last people you should rail against are Vita owners that actually buy software. They're the ones keeping the platform above water.

Dave is right. And second of all the "mediocre artsy platformer" is the second highest rated Vita game of all time. Well above Uncharted, Wipeout and whatever crappy Monster Hunter clones you guys wet yourselves over.

VanWinkle

wow good job

ive got over 22 retail vita games bought new so ive done my part too

but what is buying an old game that was mediocre and overpriced back in 2010 doing to help the vita? that we will buy anything you throw at us because we are that desparate?

Please don't bring your personal opinion of a game into criticizing other people for buying it. After all, despite you thinking the game is mediocre, that is the extreme minority opinion. The game has a 90/100 average on Metacritic. So, to them and many others, the reality is that they are spending $15 on a fantastic critically-acclaimed game. I wouldn't do it because I don't believe in paying the same price today that a game cost when it first launch years ago just because its on another platform. But I'm not going to criticize somebody who does want to buy it.

The point is, you're entire argument is flawed because you're assuming that the whole world shares your opinion of Limbo when it couldn't be further from the truth.

JoshHood

Oh good, more of people insulting others because of what they choose to spend their money on and enjoy.

I don't think much of the hunting action style games, doesn't mean I tell you all you're disgusting for liking it.

Glad to see people learnt something about arguments on the Internet from the Phil Fish situation.

I've played through multiple times on the PS3, and will make more time to do it again on the Vita at some point. I'll happily fire the game up every now and again just to absorb the atmosphere.

once you know how to solve the puzzles it's not nearly as fun

edit : that's just Akira. he's pretty good at shouting from the corner

What I meant was you get all the content from the PS3 game and the PSP game in this version.

I think I got my wires crossed. I thought you were talking about Limbo for some reason.

Akira_83

Banned
my main issue isnt with the quality of Limbo, ive said its mediocre, i never said it was garbage or a bad game

i found it pretty middle of the line in terms of quality

the issue is price point

and yes its bullshit that a games price doesnt change after 3 years just because it got ported

all the work was already done years ago on assets, the tech, programming, etc

im not saying it doesnt take SOME effort to port to vita

but its overpriced, period

Akira_83

Banned
you know what older game IS worth $15?

Strangers Wrath. Not only was it a great game when it came out, but JAW re-did a ton of assets and made the entire experience so much better

i will support quality ports like that

OMG vgp despatched my copy of dragon's crown!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...Really?

Damn, wish I pre-ordered sooner now. Last game I imported took a week to arrive so I thought I'd have to wait a while, didn't think they'd ship a week before launch, haha.

Finally beat her. Might have to do grind a bit more though since I'm still Level 12.

edit: corrosivefrost, I thought the second boss is Yukiko? I think you're ahead of me.

Oh -- I counted that as the "tutorial" boss, since you're not really in control of jack until that point -- there's no real possibility of losing there, I think, since the main character just got his persona and everything is pretty tightly controlled.
I'm not sure what level my people were when I beat the first boss.
I'm about level 22 now, for the record. :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
some of you guys must really hate the industry

Oh good, more of people insulting others because of what they choose to spend their money on and enjoy.

I don't think much of the hunting action style games, doesn't mean I tell you all you're disgusting for liking it.

Glad to see people learnt something about arguments on the Internet from the Phil Fish situation.

not even vitagaf is immune :(

ionca

Banned
my main issue isnt with the quality of Limbo, ive said its mediocre, i never said it was garbage or a bad game

i found it pretty middle of the line in terms of quality

the issue is price point

and yes its bullshit that a games price doesnt change after 3 years just because it got ported

all the work was already done years ago on assets, the tech, programming, etc

im not saying it doesnt take SOME effort to port to vita

but its overpriced, period

excalty!

indies, grossly overpriced!

Strangers Wrath. Not only was it a great game when it came out, but JAW re-did a ton of assets and made the entire experience so much better

Yep it is - but it was full retail Xbox 1 game which makes the price fair.

But I learned years ago that digital distribution is rediculusly overpriced in 99% of cases so you need to wait for 50% off to get resonable value.

sarcasm? if you think $5-15 indies are "grossly overpriced" i suggest getting a new job.

When you get retail titles for 40$ ? And that's with whole retailer margins and distribution costs ?

What carries over to NG+ in P4G?
How hard is it to do all the trophy cleanup for whatever I miss now? I feel like I'm missing SOOOOO much already.

Well I'm still getting PJM lol.

For $12 it's an incredible value no matter when the originals came out.

For anyone who hasn't played these games yet I'd whole heatedly recommend it. For those who have already played them, you can make your own decision as you already know what your getting in to.

Hubb

How hard is it to do all the trophy cleanup for whatever I miss now? I feel like I'm missing SOOOOO much already.

A lot

-MC's "personality" stats
-money
-S. Link max items
-compendium
-Persona slots
-play time
-weapon/armor shop's items (You can buy anything you have unlocked like Quest items)
-equipment
-registered skill cards
-Your inventory does NOT!!!!!! carry over, if you want more money sell everything

You can also change the options to get a ton of exp from monsters or very little, a ton of money or very little, and maybe one other.

A lot

-MC's "personality" stats
-money
-S. Link max items
-compendium
-Persona slots
-play time
-weapon/armor shop's items (You can buy anything you have unlocked like Quest items)
-equipment
-registered skill cards
-Your inventory does NOT!!!!!! carry over, if you want more money sell everything

You can also change the options to get a ton of exp from monsters or very little, a ton of money or very little, and maybe one other.

so does the NG+ go a lot quicker the second time through? It must be easier to get the trophies then rather than trying to do it on the first playthrough.

nampad

Limbo is a little bit expensive for such a late port but it is also crossbuy, which is pretty fair. A lot of people got it for free from the PS3 PS+ version like me so I won't bash their pricing decision.
*for akira l0l rentalz*

If you don't think it is worth it, just don't buy it. Don't judge other gamers when they are willing to spend.

Sid

Because it's not conceivable that you can talk about every game that's coming out for your THREE systems in a one hour press conference.

PS4 is out in a couple of months time so why wouldn't we expect that to get the lion's share of coverage. It doesn't mean there will be no new Vita games at the 4 DAY LONG SHOW outside of that one hour.
OK,the last year's Gamescom press conference was just OK for the Vita.The major announcements are made either during the presser or after the entire show.

Aytrial

Hubb answered what carries over above, so I'll skip over that.

In terms of Trophies, a NG+ is necessary as one of the Trophies is for the secret boss, which is only unlocked on NG+. And while your Social Link ranks do not carry over, as you'll generally have max (or very close to) personality stats, you have a lot of free time to complete them without worrying.

Also, lines you've already listened to for the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy will carry over if you didn't get the trophy on your first playthrough.

so does the NG+ go a lot quicker the second time through? It must be easier to get the trophies then rather than trying to do it on the first playthrough.

While you won't have access to your high level Personas due to level restriction, the fact that you can buy the highest level items straight away means you can one-shot almost anything if you adjust the difficulty to Easy.

JoshHood

OK,the last year's Gamescom press conference was just OK for the Vita.The major announcements are made either during the presser or after the entire show.

Wasn't Gamescom last year the Killzone and Tearaway reveals and the Plus announcement? I'd say that's pretty good.

Danneee

You know, I was waiting for this to come to plus but I think I'll actually buy it instead.

VanWinkle

Killzone was announced at the NGP reveal.

The Killzone IP was announced to be coming to the Vita at thw NGP reveal. Killzone Mercenary was announced at Gamescom. Along with Cross Buy and a demo of LBP2 Cross Controller. I'm fact, about 40 minutes of a 60 minute conference was dedicated to Vita.

Sid

The Killzone IP was announced to be coming to the Vita at thw NGP reveal. Killzone Mercenary was announced at Gamescom. Along with Cross Buy and a demo of LBP2 Cross Controller. I'm fact, about 40 minutes of a 60 minute conference was dedicated to Vita.
And? Killzone was announced for the Vita back at the NGP reveal,the conference didn't have much in terms of new Vita game announcements.

VanWinkle

And? Killzone was announced for the Vita back at the NGP reveal,the conference didn't have much in terms of new Vita game announcements.

Still the best conference we've had, and almost EVERYONE was happy with the Vita presence there. I was in the official Vita thread back then too, just you like you probably were. Maybe you're just forgetting.

Skyzard

Banned
Apparently the El Infierno Guacamelee dlc was already out, playing it now, not sure how I missed it :S

But hopefully that means they were referring to something else and more is coming :)

VanWinkle

Apparently the El Infierno Guacamelee dlc was already out, playing it now, not sure how I missed it :S

But hopefully that means they were referring to something else and more is coming :)

Yeah got it last week. It's pretty good. I wanted more platforming challenges, though.

Sid

Still the best conference we've had, and almost EVERYONE was happy with the Vita presence there. I was in the official Vita thread back then too, just you like you probably were. Maybe you're just forgetting.
Killzone was awesome and so was Tearaway and I was excited but it didn't have much in terms of new game announcements which I hope will get corrected this time.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah got it last week. It's pretty good. I wanted more platforming challenges, though.

Same here...only saw one so far and I skipped to it (number 11, someone was asking about it in the OT) - but it was super fun...hopefully at least one or two more like that.

Eitherway, if the special thing wasn't that dlc...hopefully new story content. I'm pretty chuffed with it as I thought the game could have done with more challenge bits as well.

Hope he does loads of platforming stuff. Level editor would be cool though perhaps asking for too much? If it's possible that would be shitloads of fun (downloading other peoples levels anyway ha).

I believe it was a guy who edits videos for Sony.

GAF decided to run with it in usual overhyping fashion.
Right. Ok, so why would anyone think that's official? And isn't it a matter of perspective? If someone at Sony who works heavily with Vita is excited about what they've got to reveal, even if its just 15 or 20 percent of the presser, wouldn't that person probably say its going to be "a big vita show?" Anything that takes place at a show is going to feel huge to them, because they've been working on this stuff for months.

See what I'm getting at here? It's all perspective. And anyone who expected the PS4 to take a back seat to the Vita at this show is just nutty anyway. But that doesn't mean there can't be a lot of Vita stuff, too. It's not a zero sum deal.

QP3

Right. Ok, so why would anyone think that's official? And isn't it a matter of perspective? If someone at Sony who works heavily with Vita is excited about what they've got to reveal, even if its just 15 or 20 percent of the presser, wouldn't that person probably say its going to be "a big vita show?" Anything that takes place at a show is going to feel huge to them, because they've been working on this stuff for months.

See what I'm getting at here? It's all perspective. And anyone who expected the PS4 to take a back seat to the Vita at this show is just nutty anyway. But that doesn't mean there can't be a lot of Vita stuff, too. It's not a zero sum deal.

Yeah, I think also because of upcoming games that are unnannounced but have been teased. People figure these games will be at GC or bust.

Hubb

Also, lines you've already listened to for the "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy will carry over if you didn't get the trophy on your first playthrough.

Has this been proven? I've heard people say both ways. I still need the trophy but I am not ready for another play through just to get it if I need all 250 lines.

VanWinkle

Because if any solitary person says something, even if they are just the video producer for the Playstation Blog, that means it's an official statement. Apparently.

Trigger

How about Rise quotes for the hardcore Risette fan? They are transfered for a NG+? Wanted to make a complete different party to NG+

Nope. You have to hear the necessary number of quotes in one playthrough. So for example, you can't use one party for one playthrough and then use another party in NG+ for different quotes and hope to get the trophy.

Top Bottom