• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Aytrial

Huh, fair enough. I'll admit I haven't looked to much into the matter, but I've seen a lot of people claiming it does carry over.

Skyzard

Banned
The facebook stuff was old news. The recent thread had a link that didn't show the quote - which was from an expired competition.

Pretty sure it was just bumped to offset the Asda Wii U story but whatever.

Vita power.

Moobabe

Popped for a coffee so missed some of the nonsense - let's catch up.

im not saying it doesnt take SOME effort to port to vita

but its overpriced, period

Fair point, but then to say:

you know what older game IS worth $15?

Strangers Wrath. Not only was it a great game when it came out, but JAW re-did a ton of assets and made the entire experience so much better

i will support quality ports like that

JAW completely messed up the PC version of SW - and I mean completely, the thread with a JAW dev was simply embarrassing - but we had no idea until we paid for that product what we were getting and it was a joke.

SW is a good game - but it's also 8 years old. Sure, you could argue we've gone from £40 down to £10, but it also came out on PC BEFORE Vita - just like Limbo did - and remains the same price.

excalty!

indies, grossly overpriced!

Stranger's Wrath is an Indie game, but then I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Holmes

What carries over to NG+ in P4G?
How hard is it to do all the trophy cleanup for whatever I miss now? I feel like I'm missing SOOOOO much already.
You are missing a lot. The way I got platinum was to read ALL the books in my first playthrough, and get Hardcore Risette Fan. Only then can you max all social links in NG+ without fear of missing anything and using the fortunes at the shrine instead of reading books.

I got Hardcore Risette Fan at the end of my first playthrough. Don't level up Rise's social libk right away because it changes her lines in battle. Switch up your characters and run up and down old dungeons. The status ailment lines are the worst. Good luck, you can do it. The trophies in this game are easy to get, but they are a commitment.

Awesome thread, can’t believe I’ve overlooked it for so long! Are there J-Vita bros that would like to become friends? None of my personal friends own a Vita despite my insisting, so I have no-one to compare visual novel trophies with :(. I’m currently tackling Time Travelers, which is fun, but so far definitely not in the same league as 428. Hopefully that will change soon!

Moobabe

Awesome thread, can’t believe I’ve overlooked it for so long! Are there J-Vita bros that would like to become friends? None of my personal friends own a Vita despite my insisting, so I have no-one to compare visual novel trophies with :(. I’m currently tackling Time Travelers, which is fun, but so far definitely not in the same league as 428. Hopefully that will change soon!

Welcome friend! We're a nice bunch in here and we love games

Aytrial

Welcome!

All I can say is that I wish we got more visual novels released in English. I can't read Japanese, so a lot of games I would like to play aren't exactly accessible to me. Though, NISA's localisation of Danganronpa does give us hope for future English VN releases, so I hope it does well.

So #VitaBros, i managed to buy Persona 4: Golden before the store update :D
cpbGCfy.jpg

But i just noticed that MLB 13: The Show for PS VITA was on sale for just $18 on the PlayStation Store :eek:. So the question is, is it worth it at that price? How is the VITA port and online community?

aro52

In the mood for a 3rd-person action platformer...

Jak and Daxter, or
Legends of Chima, or
Stranger's Wrath

I've Plat'd J&D on PS3, but kinda feel like going back to it... I've heard a few good things about Chima, and that it isn't just a bad 3DS port like the other Lego games... And I've never played Stranger's Wrath, but you peeps have built it up to be something special. Oh, and I've already played through the awesome Sly Cooper and Gravity Rush.

eliochip

Jak and Daxter, or
Legends of Chima, or
Stranger's Wrath

I've Plat'd J&D on PS3, but kinda feel like going back to it... I've heard a few good things about Chima, and that it isn't just a bad 3DS port like the other Lego games... And I've never played Stranger's Wrath, but you peeps have built it up to be something special. Oh, and I've already played through the awesome Sly Cooper and Gravity Rush.

...Hows Sly Cooper (vita) btw? I've been on the fence on that one since it came out

VanWinkle

Jak and Daxter, or
Legends of Chima, or
Stranger's Wrath

Of those, easily Stranger's Wrath. I like Jak & Daxter better, but the port isn't even remotely as good, so its not worth getting in my opinion.

aro52

...Hows Sly Cooper (vita) btw? I've been on the fence on that one since it came out

I thought it was excellent! With the cross-save, I probably played 60-70% of it on Vita. And remember, if you buy the PS3 version, you get the Vita version free. So if you only have a Vita, sell off the PS3 copy.

Yopis

So #VitaBros, i managed to buy Persona 4: Golden before the store update :D

But i just noticed that MLB 13: The Show for PS VITA was on sale for just $18 on the PlayStation Store :eek:. So the question is, is it worth it at that price? How is the VITA port and online community?

Got this few days ago. Don't play sports much since my backlog is growing. Tons better than 12 version, smoother, better fielding ect. Only weird thing is lots of dead air for commentary. No pregame intro either.

Prob cart space issue. Well worth 18 bucks imo. Phone battery is going to die sorry not going more in depth.

Jeezus, that game looks like the opposite of fun. Staying far away

yup - exactly. not appealing at all. not even the art direction.

its so crazy - you don't even have a chance to figure out what your next jump is, no matter how many times you die ( from what i can tell in trailers)

i'm sure its fun for some - but not me. i'll bite if its ever free just to see if my assumptions are correct

Akira_83

Banned

Jak and Daxter, or
Legends of Chima, or
Stranger's Wrath

strangers wrath

Jak and Daxter hd is awesome on PS3 but garbage on vita

Of those, easily Stranger's Wrath. I like Jak & Daxter better, but the port isn't even remotely as good, so its not worth getting in my opinion.

Stranger's Wrath isn't really a 3rd person action platformer.

Pwnee lost my money when the pre-order period is over today and the game isn't confirmed cross-buy. If they'd put it out as cross-buy but the Vita version coming later, I'd have plunked down $8 and waited for the Vita version to be finished. As it is now, I won't be paying $10 for the Vita version, even if it's crossbuy, down the line.

Why did you post this here? It's not even on Vita.

Very disappointing as well since that is soooooooooo my kind of game, as I'm sure you can probably tell based on my username.

It's coming. Just not today. And we have no idea of cross-buy.

Noi

I went through the whole thing on my Vita this past month. If you can tolerate long load times, it's a fantastic game that looks great on the Vita. Playing a full-on Sly game on a handheld felt surreal.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Does anyone know if Slitherlink has stylus controls? It probably works the same way as Sudoku, so if that does...

Was considering the 3DS versions just because of the control scheme, but it felt too expensive and Nintendo's account system is...well, it isn't. Getting a couple trophies is a neat bonus too. Stylus controls would seal the deal. Am I in luck?

Thought about that actually. Thanks for the reinforcement

Only sell the PS3 version before you complete the game if you don't have a PS3 to play it on. There are a few places where the framerate goes to hell on the VIta version and it's worth having the PS3 version to sync your save to and handle those parts.

Noi

Only sell the PS3 version before you complete the game if you don't have a PS3 to play it on. There are a few places where the framerate goes to hell on the VIta version and it's worth having the PS3 version to sync your save to and handle those parts.

It does? Huh, I can't recall having any issues at all with the game outside of the controls of the one gyro hacking-minigame, which is sixaxis controlled on DS3 anyway so it's the same shit.

Got this few days ago. Don't play sports much since my backlog is growing. Tons better than 12 version, smoother, better fielding ect. Only weird thing is lots of dead air for commentary. No pregame intro either.

Prob cart space issue. Well worth 18 bucks imo. Phone battery is going to die sorry not going more in depth.
Thanks a lot for this. Going to buy it out for sure. :)

It does? Huh, I can't recall having any issues at all with the game outside of the controls of the one gyro hacking-minigame, which is sixaxis controlled on DS3 anyway so it's the same shit.
Same here. I don't recall heavy frame rate issues but the loading was a real pain in the rear though.

adburns

The other day I posted that the Developers of Starbound were gauging the potential interest in porting Starbound to ps3/ps4/Vita.

I just noticed this on twitter from their lead developer:

"Just getting back from a nice meeting at sony"

Vita version hopefully!

Top Bottom