• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

webkatt

So I have a request. If anyone is selling a year of PS+ send me a PM

I just found out the hard way that It is one PSN account per vita.

I'd like to get trophies under my account and not my friends. So i'm looking for a PS+ voucher (perhaps a target pricing error one?)

I currently don't have any retail games (thats why I ned ps+) and am only have a few days on playtime on my friends account. I don't mind losing that progress If i can link my account

Toki767

So I have a request. If anyone is selling a year of PS+ send me a PM

I just found out the hard way that It is one PSN account per vita.

I'd like to get trophies under my account and not my friends. So i'm looking for a PS+ voucher (perhaps a target pricing error one?)

I currently don't have any retail games (thats why I ned ps+) and am only have a few days on playtime on my friends account. I don't mind losing that progress If i can link my account

If you're a Reward Zone member, Best Buy is selling a year for $40.

Jubern

Question : A friend recently lent Persona 4 The Golden to me. As it's the first cart I ever put in my Vita I didn't knew you couldn't gain trophies from a game you were lent, and it's asking me to erase all data on the cart if I want the trophy functionality back.

Now, I'm actually thinking of buying the cart from my friend (he barely played it since he got a EU cart soon after and let the JP one to rot), but I already put ten-something hour in the game. If I was to restore the cart to its original state, is there anyway I can get my save from the cart and put it back after?

ReaperXL7

Wow I was watching a video I guess from E3 for Real Boxing and it looks pretty damn good imo. Allot better then I expected for the game, EA will never release fight night on Vita when they get a new one going, so knowing there might be a quality alternative is a plus.

Toki767

Question : A friend recently lent Persona 4 The Golden to me. As it's the first cart I ever put in my Vita I didn't knew you couldn't gain trophies from a game you were lent, and it's asking me to erase all data on the cart if I want the trophy functionality back.

Now, I'm actually thinking of buying the cart from my friend (he barely played it since he got a EU cart soon after and let the JP one to rot), but I already put ten-something hour in the game. If I was to restore the cart to its original state, is there anyway I can get my save from the cart and put it back after?

That makes sense. If you were to use one account on your PS3, you wouldn't be able to use a save from another account just to earn trophies for the first account.

VanWinkle

I'm debating whether or not to get Velocity Ultra. I really enjoyed Velocity, but...I mean...it's still just Velocity. I like trophies, but they aren't a selling point at all for me. I never try to get platinums or anything like that.

Jubern

The thing is that I can still access my friend's saves on my Vita, since they're also stored on the cart. So I'm thinking that even though I played on my Vita, it must be tied to his account :/

If I can really backup my save with the CM, I'll try to associate the cart to my Vita. If it makes my save unusable, I suppose that re-associating the cart with my friend's Vita should do the trick.

I should have asked myself what I wanted to do before putting all this time in the game >_> Don't really want to start over fresh as it's already my third playthough, after JP PS2 and EU PS2...

mollipen

It is a travesty that Hatsune Miku Project Diva ƒ is the game of the month. It's the worst of the series, and killed my interest in the franchise unless Sega takes out those god-damned Star notes.

If anyone is interested in the series, please don't think that Diva ƒ is the best way to decide your opinion of the Project Diva games.

Noi

It is a travesty that Hatsune Miku Project Diva ƒ is the game of the month. It's the worst of the series, and killed my interest in the franchise unless Sega takes out those god-damned Star notes.

If anyone is interested in the series, please don't think that Diva ƒ is the best way to decide your opinion of the Project Diva games.

Blame the one who picked it! He's right there in the OP.

"Game of the month" would probably be better off being the generally accepted best game from the previous month if you ask me.

Requiem173

Neo Member

Aww. It's the first game in the series that I've played and I'm in love with it, too.

calder

Anyone else way too excited for Farming Simulator? I want to play it so much, ahaha :D

Lol, are you kidding I was thinking about getting a Vita soon in preparation for PS4 remote play, but one look at that game and I think I'll be getting the Vita sooner rather than later.

Back in the day I spent an *ungodly* amount of time playing Sim Farm. Still my all-time favourite Sim game.

Toki767

"Game of the month" would probably be better off being the generally accepted best game from the previous month if you ask me.

Should have been Muramasa Rebirth. Would have been excellent timing, and a way to show support for games being localized for the Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
Here in EU we got velocity on PS+.

Even though it looks nice and yeah trophies are nice, I have to say it's pretty much the same game. If you haven't played it before then it is definitely worth picking it up.
But If they don't add new fun levels with DLC and you bought the original already, then maybe buy something else (sorry fans) - unless you still play it regularly or really want to play it again for the trophies and upgraded visuals.

Noi

I'm always open to feedback, but my general idea for the Game of the Month section was a continuation of the "top of the page" recommendations. More about "whats a good game available on the platform that I may have missed". I don't really want to limit to only things from the previous month, as there could be good games released even earlier that deserve a chance in the spotlight.

I'm always open to feedback, but my general idea for the Game of the Month section was a continuation of the "top of the post" recommendations. More about "whats a good game available on the platform that somehow may have missed". I don't really want to limit to only things from the previous month, as there could be good games released even earlier that deserve a chance in the spotlight.

Gotcha. Maybe do both? A "game of the month" and a "You may have missed..."

Both things would have value being there, I think.

TheChaos0

Also, make sure to pick up some PSP titles via PSN store. You won't regret them.

Namely Peace Walker and Valkyria Chronicles 2. VC2 might have to be done via a PS3, but it works at least.

Such a gem, some may dislike the story but gameplay is great regardless. And it ends up looking better in Vita's OLED screen. It's such a shame that SEGA is content with the franchise being dead, yet you putting Yakuza HD on Wii U. :(

(Oh ..I'm not a junior any more...cool)

silvon

Sorry if this has been answered before, but was Vita Machinarium one of the June IGC for NA? I didn't see it being free, but I might have missed it.

Btw, in case anyone's interested, Amazon.ca currently has a $30 discount on 32G Vita card.

$h@d0w

I saw Ragnarok Odyssey for $22 used today - worth a shot?

I played the demo but am still on the fence about Monster Hunting in general. I prefer faster paced action games, maybe I chose the wrong class?

Lol, are you kidding I was thinking about getting a Vita soon in preparation for PS4 remote play, but one look at that game and I think I'll be getting the Vita sooner rather than later.

Back in the day I spent an *ungodly* amount of time playing Sim Farm. Still my all-time favourite Sim game.
Ha! I love all kinds of simulator games. Farm simulator is just the thing I've been looking for.

TheCloser

Banned
Mortal Kombat is a special case. It favors using the Vita's stick because ***** Attacks don't work on the D-Pad because the input delay on the D-Pad appears to be insane.

Well sorry about that. I'm definitely no fighting game expert but when I played mk on the vita, I had no issues with the dpad.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My other N devices are all much improved in speed since I added the N access point. Never any kind of instability.

I'm still doing more testing.
My Vita was actually turning wifi completely off after I checked on it two hour later. Like I couldn't even re-enable it without restarting the system.
If it does that again now, then it's my vita having issues. :(

Update: Yup, vita is all good on G router. Weird, but I won't change it.

Such a shame Project Diva isn't coming to PSV :(. I really liked the demo and probably have to get it at some point for PS3 but I would have preferred Vita.

xJavonta

Banned
Finished Hotline. So good. Vita is the best way to play it (I own it on all available platforms and have tried all input methods)

Started Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. This game is AMAZING. I told some of my friends that are into more obscure games about it and they already heard of it. Was kind of pissed I wasn't told about it's existence sooner. I'm working my way up to my Phi End playthrough right now. Just finished K.

Now I have to buy a 3DS and play 999. My sister broke the household 3DS so I'll just get my own.

Skyzard

Banned
Can't wait for the HM sequel, already but still playing it lots. Hopefully he doesn't keep PS platforms waiting too long this time round.

It's pretty much perfect on Vita. The only thing I want is the option to use the rear touchpad to pan the camera. That way I can move around while still being able to control the character.

Definitely better it wasn't on by default, but the option for those able to use the rearpad comfortably (with good grip, or a grip a grip accessory) I'm sure it would be appreciated. Not having to stop to look around seems like too big a plus not to have it.

Top Bottom