• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Storm360

Oh hey I actually own the game of the month this time!

Hoping the new indie reveal is more stuff from Devolver (mostly Duke 3D Megaton port) but not expecting it

RpgN

Vita is so fucked.

Calm down and take a deep breath...You have been on life support between this thread and Shahid's thread. Things haven't been great since May thanks to how E3 was handled and the focus on indies (I like indie games btw). Summer usually has draught in releases either way. There are still games to look forward to in the future that are not indie and a new RPG has also been announced last week called Chronos Materia. Maybe things won't be as abysmal as many like to think? Sure the situation is not ideal with notable franchises missing, but there's still stuff like Tearaway, Killzone, FFX/X-2 HD, Ys 4, Toukiden, Freedom Wars and now Chronos Materia to look forward to.

Paskil

Holy fucking shit, Farming Simulator tomorrow. I'm getting my Sim Farm jitters back. We really need a Vita Harvest Moon on par with FoMT.

Can't really see the entire OP since the work firewall, but I'll assume good job! Any sign of the indies this month? Terraria? FTL? Issac?

I started Muramasa yesterday and need to start playing it out. I also finished Hotline Miami, which besides the occasional bug, was a phenomenal port and well worth $9.99. I really need to play some of my Vita backlog because there are soooooo many games coming out in the next few months and such limited time. Everything else will take a backseat once GTAV, SR4, and Watch_Dogs come out. That doesn't even include all the other games I have preordered like Tearaway and Dragon's Crown.

RpgN

The game is Ethan Meteor Hunter, a 2D puzzle platformer.

EDIT

That's what's on the EU blog.

Proteus looks pretty cool.

EDIT 2

Ethan is a PS3 game only. Sorry for the wrong information.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Calm down and take a deep breath...You have been on life support between this thread and Shahid's thread. Things haven't been great since May thanks to how E3 was handled and the focus on indies (I like indie games btw). Summer usually has draught in releases either way. There are still games to look forward to in the future that are not indie and a new RPG has also been announced last week called Chronos Materia. Maybe things won't be as abysmal as many like to think? Sure the situation is not ideal with notable franchises missing, but there's still stuff like Tearaway, Killzone, FFX/X-2 HD, Ys 4, Toukiden, Freedom Wars and now Chronos Materia to look forward to.

That lackluster to say the least.

Many of us in the same boat here, there is complete lack of big and medium sized games announcements on the platform, PSvita situation is not healthy and that because how is Sony handling this and the poor focus on indie games.

ionca

Banned
9152550342_eb390bc421.jpg

dat pre-ps1 graphics

Moobabe

Proteus is awesome. Headphones on. Lights off and enjoy. Cracking pick up for the Vita.

What should I buy - Hotline Miami or Velocity Ultra (or, indeed, anything else.) Just bought Guacamelee.

dat pre-ps1 graphics

Try harder.

JoshHood

I have honestly never known a thread in which the same people repeat the same thing over and over again as much as the 'doooooomed' folks here. Christ.

Carl

What should I buy - Hotline Miami or Velocity Ultra (or, indeed, anything else.) Just bought Guacamelee.

Still not played Hotline, but fully recommend Velocity Ultra. Check out some gameplay videos of it and if it seems like your kind of thing give it a go. Great addictive gameplay. Although you might break your Vita in frustration trying to perfect some of the levels :p

Its like yoga.

...I see.
I have honestly never known a thread in which the same people repeat the same thing over and over again as much as the 'doooooomed' folks here. Christ.

It's gotten more and more common in the last couple of months which is why i don't tend to post much in these threads anymore. Don't want to end up banned again.

so - is Silent hill worth the price of 7.50 and my time? or is mortal kombat more worth the 5$ price tag and my time..

Also - love dat new vita thread smell!! snnnnfffffffff...ahhhhhhhhhhhh

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Farming. Simulator. Vita.

Would be great if they work out some expansions, but as is, bring on the harvest.

Oh Pylon...

I found the demo immensely boring. Probably because I couldn't fling a tractor into a lake. :(

Tomodachi

I really hope they go for a very low price with Proteus. I already hear the endless complains of people who spent 10$ for a non-game. Proteus was also pretty expensive for Steam's standards when it came out, until it got into an humble bundle.

Anyway, it looks great in motion and it's breathtaking at times, I liked it very much. It's just that many just won't appreciate a "contemplation game" (heck, people even complained about Journey and that's way more game-y than Proteus), and for this reason I wouldn't recommend it just to anyone.

Most of all I must say it's a good sign to see this coming to Vita, there seems to be a really huge amount of interest towards the system in the indie developers scene. Sales of indie titles must have been pretty good so far.

RpgN

That lackluster to say the least.

Many of us in the same boat here, there is complete lack of big and medium sized games announcements on the platform, PSvita situation is not healthy and that because how is Sony handling this and the poor focus on indie games.

You must have pretty high standards to call that lackluster.

I agree that most of us are in the same boat here, the situation is far from ideal personally. But, I don't think having indie games has consequences on big and medium sized games. What I see happening here is, Sony is trying to create a healthy environment with what they can on the vita with minimal risks, then they try to slowly work their way up with other publishers if things improve. Indie games, or games in general, help generate sales and new owners, that creates a bigger market for other developers to support.

Sony is not aggressive sure, they can do a lot more as the platform owner. I think they're trying to be safe and they might think it's futile to be the only ones to waste a large amount of money if the thing underperforms. They're being way too safe, they should be blamed for that even though they can't afford to invest tons of money considering their current situation.

But you if you want games to play, they are there. Things are not as dire as they are made out to be.

Sid

Almost as if it's a deliberate art style made by an indie team.

Also, AAA games don't tend to just be announced on the fucking PlayStation Blog, so I don't know what you were expecting...
Actually they do,plenty of PS3 games have been revealed that way.

The_Monk

Already have it on Steam but I still have to try it. If it comes on the PS Plus I may play the Vita version instead, just like I did with Thomas was Alone or Limbo.

It's funny because I use my Humble-Laptop-Steam as my Indie machine but I've played some Indies on the Vita and I'm really happy with it. Guess I just love that OLED screen!

I have Jak & Daxter Trilogy to play, started the first one but it's not grabbing me, will give another go, VLR and Unit13 and others are coming too, will bring my Vita to my week holiday and it's going to be glorious.

---

I'm also been away for the Vita thread, sorry fellow GAFfers/Vita-bros, I love you all!

so - is Silent hill worth the price of 7.50 and my time? or is mortal kombat more worth the 5$ price tag and my time..

Also - love dat new vita thread smell!! snnnnfffffffff...ahhhhhhhhhhhh
$5 for MK on Vita? Definitely worth it. It looks like arse compared to the console version but it's full of single player content. Good story mode (although some battles are kinda annoying) and two long challenge towers, one of which is a Vita exclusive and uses the touchscreen/touchpad/gyro, etc. Test Your Slice is like Fruit Ninja with severed heads!

Actually they do,plenty of PS3 games have been revealed that way.
Such as?

Sid

$5 for MK on Vita? Definitely worth it. It looks like arse compared to the console version but it's full of single player content. Good story mode (although some battles are kinda annoying) and two long challenge towers, one of which is a Vita exclusive and uses the touchscreen/touchpad/gyro, etc. Test Your Slice is like Fruit Ninja with severed heads!

Such as?
Killzone 3,LBP 2,Motorstorm Apocalypse etc.

VanWinkle

dat pre-ps1 graphics

You're nothing but a troll. Please stop posting. I don't care if you own a Vita. That doesn't change the fact.

You know what really annoys me? The people that get mad when a developer shows a new game they're making for the Vita, and Sony promotes it. That little developer making their little game is not the reason we aren't getting big games on Vita. It's not their fault, and it's frankly astonishing that people seem to get mad that Sony wants to market these indie games.

Guess what? I want more big games, too. Practically all of us do. That doesn't mean we have to whine when an indie developer announces their new game is coming to our struggling platform. We should be THANKING them, because without them we would have practically no games at all. We'd go back to having weeks in a row with no content like in the early days of the Vita.

It's pretty hard to get excited for that picture, but it gives you no idea what the game is like. I won't pass judgement.

Coming from Hotline Miami, it's pretty hard to judge any game purely on looks.

You're nothing but a troll. Please stop posting. I don't care if you own a Vita. That doesn't change the fact.

You know what really annoys me? The people that get mad when a developer shows a new game they're making for the Vita, and Sony promotes it. That little developer making their little game is not the reason we aren't getting big games on Vita. It's not their fault, and it's frankly astonishing that people seem to get mad that Sony wants to market these indie games.

Guess what? I want more big games, too. Practically all of us do. That doesn't mean we have to whine when an indie developer announces their new game is coming to our struggling platform. We should be THANKING them, because without them we would have practically no games at all. We'd go back to having weeks in a row with no content like in the early days of the Vita.

This is the first time I have ever actually clapped at my monitor after reading a post.

I'd buy you a beer for that one.

Top Bottom