• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
why is the game of the month some no-name creepy little girl anime rhythm game?

would have been nice to pick a game people actually played & talked about last month.

Shoyz

would have been nice to pick a game people actually played & talked about last month.

Her name is Hatsune Miku, her canon age is 16 (I believe), and that's because it's a damned good game, and you'd do best to recognize that!

Dragon's Crown should be in the Japan section this month, shouldn't it? (Yeah, Amazon.jp has it coming out July 25.)

EDIT: Also Kung Fu Rabbit is supposed to come out on the 16th.

chibi_miku_crying_by_hyoryo-d5nw3jw.jpg

TheChaos0

Such a shame Project Diva isn't coming to PSV :(. I really liked the demo and probably have to get it at some point for PS3 but I would have preferred Vita.

You do not need to know Japanese to play the game, once you figured out the menus, you are set.

Miku's pretty famous. :( She was even in Toyota ads. (which was random) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaA2liN9LKM

You do not need to know Japanese to play the game, once you figured out the menus, you are set.

Miku's pretty famous. :( She was even in Toyota ads. (which was random) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaA2liN9LKM

I know it isn't much but I'd rather support the localization in this situation. Plus it IS in english no matter how unneeded that would be. Plus it apparently has extra songs (that would hopefully had been included in western Vita release).

TheChaos0

I know it isn't much but I'd rather support the localization in this situation. Plus it IS in english no matter how unneeded that would be. Plus it apparently has extra songs (that would hopefully had been included in western Vita release).

Extra songs is the only bummer for me but I don't feel like switching to jp PSN just for that.

I think find it strange that it wasn't localised on Vita even as a digital release. (same with the One Piece game)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Following up on my post in the last thread, looks like Guacamelee has a dodge bug. Tested on two Consoles and both ends up the same (dodge randomly after a few minutes of play). Really annoying thing to come across during the Tule Tree top orb jumps.

Shoyz

Project Diva f has music videos which you can customize by swapping out the vocaloids and changing their outfits.

Tizoc

Playing through VLR which is becoming my LttP 2012 GotY.
Looking forward to Velocity Ultra HD, but I only have under 600 MB left on my Vita's 32 GB card >=/

DigitalOp

Banned
All up in this bish!...

Somebody in the June thread has me contemplating coppin concave Vita stick caps. I'm also in the market for a new card, so if you see any 16GB for a good price, let me know!

My Vita Games For July:
Soul Sacrifice
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Some spurts of FROBISHER SAYS!

PSP:
GoW Ghost of Sparta
A "secret" game I plan to make an appreciation thread about during this week :p

PS1 :
Medievil

Let the games begin. Here's to a new month of releases Vitabros and Vitacats!!

Edit: Also I wanna take the time to acknowledge all the new members we've been getting. Welcome!! Our community has grown substantially these past few months!! Hope everyone has fun!!

Aktion

Neo Member
Hello!
Just a heads-up: we releasing BreakQuest: Extra Evolution Freemium on PS Vita this month (hopefully)

A trailer:
https://vimeo.com/69461174

Quick features:
  • 100 exclusively designed physics based levels with new stylish art
  • Ten unique evil bosses to defeat
  • New space shuttles, each with special abilities
  • Endless Gravitor and unique energy shield mechanics to help player controll the ball
  • 13 trophies
  • New power-ups and bonuses to smash and crash blocks
  • All new music tracks, created by the SandS Band
  • "near" gifts support - exclusive shuttles comes thru gifts only

The game already released as minis but we decided to bring it to PS Vita natively.

We decided to release game as freemium, users able to buy ball packs (exactly as in the pinball) - 100, 200, 500, inifite balls unlock DLC also available. The game comes with 33 free balls to play. The purchases balls kept in the save data so game not require constant internet connection but you have to keep your save data.

More information coming soon.

One question, before i could see the Playstation plus free games in the playstation plus department of the store. Now there i can´t see anything ( neither Uncharted nor Gravity Rush appear there for example ) and i have to go to demos to see for example that Rayman is free ( well, yesterday i think i couldn´t even see that ). Am i doing something wrong or what?.

For example if not for gaf i would never have known Velocity Ultra is free for ps + members in the EU.

magawolaz

Hello!
Just a heads-up: we releasing BreakQuest: Extra Evolution Freemium on PS Vita this month (hopefully)

A trailer:

Quick features:
  • Endless Gravitor and unique energy shield mechanics to help player controll the ball
  • 13 trophies

The game already released as minis but we decided to bring it to PS Vita natively.

We decided to release game as freemium, users able to buy ball packs (exactly as in the pinball) - 100, 200, 500, inifite balls unlock DLC also available. The game comes with 33 free balls to play. The purchases balls kept in the save data so game not require constant internet connection but you have to keep your save data.

says video is private :(

Benedict

Hello!

A trailer:

Quick features:
  • 13 trophies

Wondered what that game was. Saw it on the PC PSN EU store yesterday, but no download or buy button. Guess it's coming this or next week in EU?

Aktion

Neo Member
Wondered what that game was. Saw it on the PC PSN EU store yesterday, but no download or buy button. Guess it's coming this or next week in EU?

DLC has been released earlier by mistake.
The game still in QA, i'd said end of July.
Vimeo has strange caching, should be available now.

cajunator

Banned

Because thirteen years ago, a certain company known also for their motorcycles and outdoor gear decided to financially back an ambitious voice synthesizing project headed by Kenmochi Hideki at the Pompeu Fabra University in Spain, which was further developed into a commercial product, that was released to much accolade. Being able to utilize lyrical and melody input, it could produce music by combining special recordings of singers. This certain product became known as a Vocaloid and needed a face. After going through several prototype iterations, the first commercially successful vocaloid using the vocaloid 2 engine, Hatsune Miku, depicted a a 16 year old girl, caught on with fans, becoming the #1 selling piece of software on amazon.co.jp. Following huge success initially as merely a vocal product, her popularity spread through various partnerships with figurine and material goods manufacturers, and even a holographic music show of her own which tours worldwide. the success of Hatsune Miku has produced a legacy of successful followup vocaloid products, which continues to be popular to this day. She now has appeared on many kinds of good and in figurine form in dozens of ways, and is famous the world over for her distinctive and cute persona. One such appearance is with this very videogame which you have so humble asked about and thusly your ignorance of the subject at hand has now been swiftly ended!
Here's a hug for your troubles and have a great day!

bradigor

Hello!

A trailer:

Quick features:
  • 13 trophies

I assume that it can continue to be played without the need to spend money, much in the same way I can with a game like Treasures of Montezuma Blitz.

Or once the 33 balls have gone, is that it?

I just tried the store web page to see if the ps+ free games were clearly seen there and is even more convoluted than in the vita store. Are they hidding free games or what is happening here!?.

I tried VLR for 20 minutes. It's a no go.

The touch controls are so slow. I can't deal with it. The inventory system is a chore to deal with. Not sure how anyone stuck with the game long enough to beat it.

From the amount of dialogue in that first room I could tell the experience wouldn't improve for me.

I tried guys. I tried.

Aktion

Neo Member
I assume that it can continue to be played without the need to spend money, much in the same way I can with a game like Treasures of Montezuma Blitz.

Or once the 33 balls have gone, is that it?

Once they gone, thats it. We dont have daily scratch or something but you can recieve extra balls via ball parts and near gifts.

Omlagus

Woohoo new thread! Nice job Noi.

Good thing it is a slow month. Lets me catch up on my backlog. Ah who am I kidding? I won't come close.

Aktion

Neo Member
No worries :) Freemium (generally) means the game is some way playable indefinitely for free, but paying gives you better things/speeds things up/unlocks stuff etc.

Yes, we tried to move away from those boosters and pay-to-win strategies and make more or less fair system.

Top Bottom