• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Aytrial

I finally started playing on Extreme in Project Diva and I'm getting my ass kicked. The difficulty spike from Hard to Extreme is a lot more noticeable than it was for Normal to Hard. It feels a lot like when I first started playing Project Diva where both my eyes and fingers can barely keep up with the notes. Still, this is a welcome challenge.

https://twitter.com/martinthemonkey/status/358962650811596801
BPtKoQmCAAAo-V7.jpg

Damn! I would probably never eat that cake.

leroidys

Is it just me, or has there been a lot of vita related threads lately?

Is the system gaining in awareness or just a GAF-fluke?

There has always been tons of vita chatter on gaf, though it seems to me that that talk has been getting more and more positive as of late. I remember this time last year, any vita thread would be 90% made up of some derivative of "LOL VITA HAS NOGAMES", now it's people complaining about memory card prices (presumably to store all their games).

Moobabe

There has always been tons of vita chatter on gaf, though it seems to me that that talk has been getting more and more positive as of late. I remember this time last year, any vita thread would be 90% made up of some derivative of "LOL VITA HAS NOGAMES", now it's people complaining about memory card prices (presumably to store all their games).

Nah - it was 'VITA HAZ NO GAMES' and now every thread is 'VITA HAZ GAMES, BUT I DONT LIKE THEM'

ZeroAKA

Alright, I finally got home a few hours ago and I've had time to sit down for a bit, so I can type up what the new arrangement for the monthly thread's Game of the Month is gonna be. Good ol' fashioned voting!
Has Gravity Rush really not been Game of the Month yet? Get on it, Vitabros.

I don't think its getting more and more positive, but at least its getting less and less negative.
I guess the Vita will get good sales if the Vita gets a pricecut, Tearway and Killzone turn out to be great, Ps4 remote play turns out to be great and Gaikai really offers Ps3 and maybe Ps2 BC.
And if that happens we'll see a bump in 3rd party support next year.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
LOL VITA ONLY HAS TERRIBLE PORTS AND INDIES.

The goalposts change all the time. Us vitabros should stay above all that shit. All that matters to me is that I own the system, and I enjoy it.

And I must say after a slow start, I am really getting into knights in the nightmare. I think it is 2.50 in the store, if you guys want to try something really unique, you should give it a shot. The game is really confusing for the first 10 hours or so though. But maybe that's just me.

I don't think its getting more and more positive, but at least its getting less and less negative.
I guess the Vita will get good sales if the Vita gets a pricecut, Tearway and Killzone turn out to be great, Ps4 remote play turns out to be great and Gaikai really offers Ps3 and maybe Ps2 BC.
And if that happens we'll see a bump in 3rd party support next year.

lotta if's in there :(

LOL VITA ONLY HAS TERRIBLE PORTS AND INDIES.

That sums up every other Vita thread on this forum. I really need to just stop looking at them. :(

On a positive note: I started dating someone a few weeks ago, and she saw me looking at a Tearaway trailer and almost immediately said she wanted a Vita just to play it. :)

Aytrial

lotta if's in there :(

The Vita will get a price cut. Sony will be giving us bigger memory cards at reasonable prices. PS4 Remote Play will be functional and awesome. Gaikai will be the future of gaming. Third-parties will flock to the Vita. We will get Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the Vita.

Okay maybe not the last one. :(

The Vita will get a price cut.
Eventually of course it will
Sony will be giving us bigger memory cards at reasonable prices.
lol it depends on what your definition of reasonable is.
PS4 Remote Play will be functional and awesome.
seen that before
Gaikai will be the future of gaming.
Onlive says hi.... The infrastucture isn't quite there yet but MAYBE sony can pull something out.....im hoping but not holding my breath
Third-parties will flock to the Vita.
lolololol
We will get Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the Vita.
like everything else thats alot of optimism

Moobabe

That sums up every other Vita thread on this forum. I really need to just stop looking at them. :(

On a positive note: I started dating someone a few weeks ago, and she saw me looking at a Tearaway trailer and almost immediately said she wanted a Vita just to play it. :)

Lock it down - she's the one.

Sol1dus

Man.. job seeking SUCKS! Not even my Vita can help me :(

Same, spent all summer looking for one and I gave up, decided to just spend the last weeks I have free having fun. Senior year of college...getting sick to my stomach thinking about next year's summer.

Moobabe

What area and what field of work?

Everything. I'm in retail at the moment because it was easy but now I want something career orientated and full time.

I'm looking into arts based jobs (arts marketing etc) or normal marketing, PR - I've even applied for a job at Sony! Tried to get in touch with Shahid about how he made his way to his role (because his job sounds pretty awesome - outside of some GAF abuse)

In truth I'm looking for anything...

Same, spent all summer looking for one and I gave up, decided to just spend the last weeks I have free having fun. Senior year of college...getting sick to my stomach thinking about next year's summer.

I might end up going back to studying to try and make myself stand out a little more and working part time.

Aytrial

Everything. I'm in retail at the moment because it was easy but now I want something career orientated and full time.

I'm in retail as well while I'm studying and I'm pretty sure I've come to hate the general public because of it. I'm so jaded and cynical now, and I'm only 20!

Moobabe

I'm in retail as well while I'm studying and I'm pretty sure I've come to hate the general public because of it. I'm so jaded and cynical now, and I'm only 20!

Same here - I'm only 24 and I'm tired of the general public and rank bad management. Retail is completely draining and very difficult to get out of because it only provides you with limited areas of experience if you don't get a chance to progress - which, in a store where the manager and deputy have both worked for 10+ years, the chances are few and far between.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
when people talk about studying, love and jobs in gaming gaf you know for sure there is serious lack of games on their handheld.

The Vita will get a price cut. Sony will be giving us bigger memory cards at reasonable prices. PS4 Remote Play will be functional and awesome. Gaikai will be the future of gaming. Third-parties will flock to the Vita. We will get Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the Vita.

Okay maybe not the last one. :(

Yakuza 5 destroyed Valkyria Chronicles 3 completely in Operation Rainfall poll. (again Yakuza..a super niche series) this mean there is no demand and no real fanbase for VC3., the VC3 fans in gaf ( all three of them) should just try to learn Japanese and play it on PSP.

Sol1dus

Same here - I'm only 24 and I'm tired of the general public and rank bad management. Retail is completely draining and very difficult to get out of because it only provides you with limited areas of experience if you don't get a chance to progress - which, in a store where the manager and deputy have both worked for 10+ years, the chances are few and far between.

I feel a little ashamed that I haven't had a real job yet. (I'm 20) because I've traveled around and I'm still not done studying. I'm doing international studies right now. I guess seeing so many people my age with good paying jobs just gets me down.

Lately I've been thinking more and more about starting a YouTube channel with my girlfriend. Gaming with a touch of funny relationship stuff (in order to get the attention of gamers with non-gamer partners). What say you Vita-Gaf?

ionca

Banned
when people talk about studying, love and jobs in gaming gaf you know for sure there is serious lack of games on their handheld.

Yakuza 5 destroyed Valkyria Chronicles 3 completely in Operation Rainfall poll. (again Yakuza..a super niche series) this mean there is no demand and no real fanbase for VC3., the VC3 fans in gaf ( all three of them) should just try to learn Japanese and play it on PSP.

yeah,It seems I need to learn Moon to get most of the games I want.

Moobabe

My Vita is on charge ;)

I feel a little ashamed that I haven't had a real job yet. (I'm 20) because I've traveled around and I'm still not done studying. I'm doing international studies right now. I guess seeing so many people my age with good paying jobs just gets me down.

Lately I've been thinking more and more about starting a YouTube channel with my girlfriend. Gaming with a touch of funny relationship stuff (in order to get the attention of gamers with non-gamer partners). What say you Vita-Gaf?

No need to feel bad at all - time is on your side. You can learn a helluva lot more from travelling and studying than you can by standing behind a till selling shit to people for a few hours a week. Also - when you have a job it's not easy to just up and go, if you did want to travel. Do it while you can - you'll regret it if you don't.

And I say go for it - Youtube is a tough nut to crack these days but it'll cost you nothing but a bit of time and maybe £20 for a decent webcam.

Aytrial

Oh, I'm very aware of the reality that we'll likely never see a proper VC3 western release. Doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

Let's Plays (if that's your intention) can be entertaining as long as the chemistry is there between you two for decent commentary. As long as it isn't something that's poorly edited/recorded, I don't see why you shouldn't give it a shot.

Only if you're both attractive.

All the BF/GF-centered channels on YouTube, irrespective of the genre (games, health, pranks, sex, etc.), all share at least that quality. You don't even have to be funny or charming.

I don't think an ~800 vote difference is equivalent to "completely destroyed" considering the amount of votes on the poll.

Sol1dus

My Vita is on charge ;)

No need to feel bad at all - time is on your side. You can learn a helluva lot more from travelling and studying than you can by standing behind a till selling shit to people for a few hours a week. Also - when you have a job it's not easy to just up and go, if you did want to travel. Do it while you can - you'll regret it if you don't.

And I say go for it - Youtube is a tough nut to crack these days but it'll cost you nothing but a bit of time and maybe £20 for a decent webcam.

Oh, I'm very aware of the reality that we'll likely never see a proper VC3 western release. Doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

Let's Plays (if that's your intention) can be entertaining as long as the chemistry is there between you two for decent commentary. As long as it isn't something that's poorly edited/recorded, I don't see why you shouldn't give it a shot.

Only if you're both attractive.

All the BF/GF-centered channels on YouTube, irrespective of the genre (games, health, pranks, sex, etc.), all share at least that quality. You don't even have to be funny or charming.

I was thinking of giving game recommendations of old games now. Basically giving people a better impression of games that old reviews can't give because they don't judge how well a game has aged.

Maybe Vita talk and share my opinion of games I've been playing.

I would have my gf come in sometimes and talk about stuff/ share her opinions or just have conversations. I wouldn't have her in every episode.

We should have just gone with the idea from last year. Vita-Gaf Podcast. :p

She's gorgeous. I'm alright, just gotta get a couple of pounds off.

Moobabe

I was thinking of giving game recommendations of old games now. Basically giving people a better impression of games that old reviews can't give because they don't judge how well a game has aged.

I would have my gf come in sometimes and talk about stuff/ share her opinions or just have conversations. I wouldn't have her in every episode.

Subscribed.

In all seriousness - why not? Go for it

Moobabe, don't you work at GAME currently? Can I have your job then? haha

Currently jobseeking for crummy retail work for the summer since I need to transfer and retake a year of Uni. D:

Gaming YouTube stuff is probably gonna get even more saturated when next-gen hits and everyone and their mothers can make YouTube gaming videos, so if you want to do it then now would be the time; hopefully build up a decent subscriber base by the end of the year.

Also, VitaGAF podcast would be cool for a few episodes until we ran out of new games to talk about. :(
(please save us, Gamescom)

Moobabe

Moobabe, don't you work at GAME currently? Can I have your job then? haha

Currently jobseeking for crummy retail work for the summer since I need to transfer and retake a year of Uni. D:

Also, VitaGAF podcast would be cool for a few episodes until we ran out of new games to talk about. :(
(please save us, Gamescom)

I do, yes, and yes you absolutely can :p I have to get out of that company before Next Gen hits - We. Are. Not. Ready.

Also Jobseekers probably earn more than I do. Where are you at Uni?

I'd listen to a Vita podcast! Minis, Indies, AAA (lol) - someone should do it.

I'd watch it! ( just be ready for the horrible yt comments)

I do, yes, and yes you absolutely can :p I have to get out of that company before Next Gen hits - We. Are. Not. Ready.

Also Jobseekers probably earn more than I do. Where are you at Uni?

I'd listen to a Vita podcast! Minis, Indies, AAA (lol) - someone should do it.
Oh god, I didn't even think about that. I'd hate to work during a console launch.

I was going to Aberystwyth but now I'm going to Southampton since that's closer to home. Got so sick of all the traveling.

Vita podcast could have a weekly Shahid Twitter watch to try to snoop on what games he might be signing, lol.

Jennipeg

I've just seen that Shopto has Dragon's Crown listed as being released on 25th October in the UK. You guys in the US get it in August don't you? I am sad about this.

xJavonta

Banned
Fuck fuck fuck.

I got that Persona 4 Golden card from a friend and intended to buy it from him, but at a later point, so I didn't re-initialized at first. I thought I could transfer my save via PlayStation +, but just found out I can't and now have a unusable save 10 hours in the game.

Why is the whole user/property system so contrived on Vitaaaaaaaaaaaaarlhrgqhgr

Guess I'll just start over.

Note: For those wondering what I'm talking about, retail game cards can only be associated to one system, if you use it on another system it still works but you don't get trophies and, as I just found out, can't use cloud saves. Maybe there's more, I'm not sure (no DLC maybe?)
The 3DS does that too. Portables piss me off sometimes.

Jennipeg

Only worries there are the cost and any possible DLC.

VGP don't cost too much at least. Hoping there isn't much/any DLC since I want to import. :/

Yeah I just did a pre order with Amazon, and it works out as 48 quid. Slightly pricey for a Vita game. I'll wait till it comes out and I might import then, the Shopto date is probably a place holder so maybe it will come out earlier. (fingers crossed)

Top Bottom