• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Wachowskis working on Matrix 4, says John Wick director, Keanu "wouldn't say no" to it

Badlucktroll

Aug 28, 2007
I bet they'll have some plot device where Neo's body died but his consciousness was uploaded into the matrix as a program and trinity has to find him.

Reactions: -Arcadia-

Stitch

Nov 26, 2006
I bet they'll have some plot device where Neo's body died but his consciousness was uploaded into the matrix as a program and trinity has to find him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't even a main character anymore

also this was moved to 2022

Reactions: Darko

morelan

Aug 26, 2019
As much as I like the first Matrix movie, nothing the Wachowskis directed after that gives me any hope that Matrix 4 will be good. Jupiter Ascending in particular is so mind-blowingly awful that I can't even fathom how they deeemed it good enough to be released.

Grinchy

Banned
Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
As much as I like the first Matrix movie, nothing the Wachowskis directed after that gives me any hope that Matrix 4 will be good. Jupiter Ascending in particular is so mind-blowingly awful that I can't even fathom how they deeemed it good enough to be released.
Yep, and Cloud Atlas has to be the worst of the bunch. It makes Jupiter Ascending look like a good movie.

Kadayi

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Discord : Kadayi#0650

Agreed with others

I would have gone with: -

But they already fucked the first film DP style with Reloaded and Revolutions, now they're just going for Airtight I guess 🤔

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract and Ornlu
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Name leaked, it's Matrix Resurrections.
Notice the digital rain on the card lol
Hopefully it's not as bad as this:

I kid. I'm looking forward to it. The sequels to The Matrix weren't as good, but I did think Reloaded was very solid. Looking forward to seeing Keanu as Neo again. One of his best roles for sure. I love Keanu, but he can be a tad wooden at times.

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
No. No! Bad dog! (Whack!!) hope that got this horrid idea out of their system. They absolutely butchered the franchise already with those god awful sequels. Just let it die.

Tschumi

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2020
Just... What is the end game...

.. And if the matrix is a metaphor for transgenderism, what's next after he shuts down the system and reboots it with a place for everyone?

Surely Hugo weaving wouldn't make a, like, 6th comeback?

Aug 27, 2015
The sequels are not that bad. I watch them every 5 years or so and enjoy them every time. It’s not like we get cool, original big budget sci-fi action movies every month. I just don’t understand the hate. I am thankful that these movies exist and that we are getting another sequel.

TheCockatrice

Jun 16, 2019
No. No! Bad dog! (Whack!!) hope that got this horrid idea out of their system. They absolutely butchered the franchise already with those god awful sequels. Just let it die.

oh boohoo. Reloaded has probably one of the best scenes in any film ever, the highway scene and looking how it was made was nuts. All three are fantastic.

KyoZz

Jan 21, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Really loving what the Wachowskis have done since Matrix, (Cloud Atlas is sooooo good) but... I can't help but ask myself why Matrix 4.
I'm still gonna lose my shit when the trailer drop

• Strength
Reactions: Roni

God Enel

Mar 26, 2011
Cloud atlas was amazing. Jupiter ascending was the biggest piece of shit movie I have seen in my life. It was just bad from start to finish. Absolutely horrible

John2290

Feb 24, 2018
I can't do it. It's gonna be laced with social politics if if even just one of those "women" are heading the films now.