• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart Price Mistake ($43 UC4) (KH3 $40) (MGSV $40) (Batman:LE $62)

Thoraxes

They'll likely be cancelled if history is consistent. Unless you can pick them up in stores now (and looking at the list, no), good luck.

I wish we had those price mistakes in the UK

Bomba? No, these prices are NUCLEAR!!!!

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I'm willing to take that chance. If they cancel the order so be it. But there is still a chance.
That is why I did it. Already had an account, so it took seconds.
I have little faith it will work, but you never know.
I am really sad about Persona Q though...

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Meh....no Xbox One.

I'm tempted by Arkham Knight LE, but two things are holding me back: one, that I own a PC that would blast the console versions out of the water; and two, that this limited edition may not be quite that limited, like the Arkham City or dozens of other LEs before it. AC's eventually got down to $30 at one point.

I locked in KH3 and FFT-0 though.

Shauni

Wasn't aware that they charged you automatically if you went with Paypal. Well, no damage done, I guess. Even if they cancel it'll just go back into my Paypal account. I hate when stores do that. My fault for not looking at their FAQ first, though.

Wasn't aware that they charged you automatically if you went with Paypal. Well, no damage done, I guess. Even if they cancel it'll just go back into my Paypal account. I hate when stores do that, though. My fault for not looking at their FAQ first, though.

I read on the slickdeals page that they charge when you place the order anyway, regardless of PayPal or credit card.

I also am not convinced these are pricing errors.

since when does BB pricematch a pre-order?

They don't, but I'd love to see someone try. You may be able to convince some unwitting employee to do it.

Bunch of folks on CAG have been able to do it over the phone. I imagine instore wouldn't be an issue.

ah so its a ymmv situation. well, my BB is run by elitist dickheads and them trying to comprehend anything is a stretch.

edit:snagged batman statue edition and MGSV and UC4 anyways :)

Shauni

I assume, since you already are charged for the thing apparently no matter how you pay, they would have to cancel your order, because I'm fairly sure they can't just charge you an extra amount without your permission, right?

Einbroch

Banned
Guys, they can't charge you more. It's illegal. You're essentially signing a contract when you buy or preorder something. They can cancel it, and you can not pay for it, but they absolutely cannot charge you more. This is why receipts exist.

There is no risk. But these are going to be cancelled.

malfcn

Price matching pre orders are generally ymmv.

For online payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:
The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships.

Please note: Authorized and held amounts will not be available for other purchases. If an order is canceled, the authorization hold will expire in accordance with the terms of your bank or financial institution.
For online payment by Gift Card, eGift Card or Paypal®
The money is deducted at the time you place your order.
For in-store payment with Cash
If you create an online order reservation and choose "Cash" as your payment method, you will have 48 hours to pay for your order at a local Walmart store using a payment method accepted by the store. If you use credit, ATM, debit or check card, your account will be billed immediately. If you pay by check, checks will be cashed soon after tender.

In for Arkham, with no worries. Planned on getting the base from BBY with GCU.
If this goes through it would go next to the Arkham City LE that Amazon sent out for $50.

Top Bottom