• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart Price Mistake ($43 UC4) (KH3 $40) (MGSV $40) (Batman:LE $62)

DooD1234

So I just price match monster hunter 4 ultimate with best buy over the phone. I had zero issue and to top it all off, I got a $10 gift card to boot.

well i did my part, i notified amazon of all the prices, i hope everyone else did the same :D hopefully that error stays long enough for amazon to price match. it would be sooooooooo dope.

If you use Paypal, your account is charged right then. If you use a credit/debit card, it puts a hold on your card for that amount, according to their FAQ.
Would you happen to have a link to that? According to my bank account, they charge right away.

EDIT:
well i did my part, i notified amazon of all the prices, i hope everyone else did the same :D hopefully that error stays long enough for amazon to price match. it would be sooooooooo dope.
According to their price match link, they don't seem to price match games. How did you do it? I've never PM'd on amazon before

Shauni

Would you happen to have a link to that? According to my bank account, they charge right away.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91/kw/preorder

For online payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:
The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships.

Please note: Authorized and held amounts will not be available for other purchases. If an order is canceled, the authorization hold will expire in accordance with the terms of your bank or financial institution.
For online payment by Gift Card, eGift Card or Paypal®
The money is deducted at the time you place your order.
For in-store payment with Cash
If you create an online order reservation and choose "Cash" as your payment method, you will have 48 hours to pay for your order at a local Walmart store using a payment method accepted by the store. If you use credit, ATM, debit or check card, your account will be billed immediately. If you pay by check, checks will be cashed soon after tender.

EDIT:

According to their price match link, they don't seem to price match games. How did you do it? I've never PM'd on amazon before

ctrl + f "tell us about a lower price" and you just fill out the little thing that pops up. its a hit or miss kind of thing with amazon, sometimes they'll price match games(even pre orders) and sometimes they dont. hopefully this'll be a hit scenario. ^-^

Just a heads up for anybody that is a GCU member. The Batman deal is basically about the same as if you bought it from Best Buy if you do the fastest shipping, which you still wont get on launch day. Plus you get gift cards and points at Best Buy. For everybody else tho, these are some good deals. Hopefully Walmart honors them.

malfcn

Another pic of the statue.

figurine-batman-arkham-knight-%C3%A9dition-collector.jpg

RPGCrazied

Only thing that sucks is I won't be able to play day 1, cause I went with the free shipping.

If this is a price error/glitch, do they still have to honor the orders placed? I guess I'll keep an eye on it, if it goes back to $100 I'll cancel.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They've always honored price mistakes in my case.
Had a pre-order for a TV Box set for months at an insane price and it never changed.

They charge you immediately. I would be all over this otherwise.

No they don't. It's a standard hold that goes away.

RPGCrazied

To the people saying they charge you, this is on my order I got in email.

If paying by debit or credit card; your account will not be charged until your order ships. If you see a pending charge on your account prior to shipping, this is an authorization hold to ensure the funds are available.

How long do they hold it for? I mean, Arkham Knight doesn't even come out for another 5 months.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is this the first time many of you have used credit for payment?

Pending/Hold charges go away after a couple of days.
You get a hold charge from any purchase you make anywhere. When a sale is confirmed, it is put through, if it's just authorization like these pre-orders, it goes away.

Top Bottom