• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart Price Mistake ($43 UC4) (KH3 $40) (MGSV $40) (Batman:LE $62)

Metfanant

For the record...

Just now through Amazon live chat

Alex from Amazon said:
We don't price match with other vendors, but as an one time exception I can issue a $16 promo certificate to your account to cover for the difference

this is in regards to UC4

malfcn

Mine.

qFz9Fep.png

I was a good husband for getting KH3.

RPGCrazied

I know if they don't honor these orders, I'm not going to even preorder anything ever on Walmarts website again. They probably won't though. Anyone remember that TV/Monitor price error not so long ago?

Shauni

I know if they don't honor these orders, I'm not going to even preorder anything ever on Walmarts website again. They probably won't though. Anyone remember that TV/Monitor price error not so long ago?

Wasn't that really extreme, though? Like 6 cents or 6 dollars?

well I just called best buy just in case amazon doesn't price match it, i got MGSV, KH3, UC4, & MH4U. Really happy :D had to call twice, first one wouldn't do it for me but the 2nd lady was really cool and did it quick.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
well I just called best buy just in case amazon doesn't price match it, i got MGSV, KH3, UC4, & MH4U. Really happy :D had to call twice, first one wouldn't do it for me but the 2nd lady was really cool and did it quick.
Do you have to toss down money up front? Cause with GCU I'm not seeing too much benefit in the first place. The price difference is like a gift certificates worth. Which I have $30 I'm not using.
Are we able to stack the GCU with the price match?
Nevermind, went one page back and saw that it doesn't.
Yeah, nah it doesn't. Which makes all this only save you like... $5-$8. Which is what I put down on the game to pre-order it in the first place (that money disappears as far as I'm concerned). Mostly worth it if you don't have GCU. Otherwise, the hassle.
The others are likely to get collector's editions, so I probably won't get these versions.
Also this. I need my MGS5 collectors. Also, I have a Walmart card for $65. But honestly I'd rather use that on a game up front than lock myself out of making a purchase decision where I don't have to go to Walmart.

$140 saved!

Also, Best Buy lady was hitting on me hard as hell, bros.

She was like, "It's too bad I'm 51 and you're in your 20s...because you're a charmer... :)"

I was like, "Oh we could make it work... >:-D" (LOL)

But then she was like, "Maybe for a couple weeks...you could keep me warm here in Wisconsin..."

#DEAD

#ISTHISREALLIFE

I need to use The Voice™ much more sparingly. I'm trying to drop prices, not panties.

$140 saved!

She was like, "It's too bad I'm 51 and you're in your 20s...because you're a charmer... :)"

But then she was like, "Maybe for a couple weeks...you could keep me warm here in Wisconsin..."

#DEAD

#ISTHISREALLIFE

I need to use The Voice™ much more sparingly. I'm trying to drop prices, not panties.
Damn, lol. Did you call the store number or the 1-888 number? I called the 888 number and said fuck it. The lady I spoke to obviously has never done her job before.

Just trying to get her to price match Batman AK LE, took 20 min. I said, Actually, I'll just do it in store..

Damn, lol. Did you call the store number or the 1-888 number? I called the 888 number and said fuck it. The lady I spoke to obviously has never done her job before.

Just trying to get her to price match Batman AK LE, took 20 min. I said, Actually, I'll just do it in store..

Yea I just called the customer support number on the Best Buy website. Took awhile because she had to write down the products and SKU's then go to Walmart's website and find the prices..then adjust them in her system to pricematch. Took about 25 minutes total including the wait and extracurricular conversation.

Nabs

$140 saved!

#DEAD

#ISTHISREALLIFE

Hahahaha.

Amazon matched UC4.

Bomba, $43.
I'm taking this while I can.

Hope Amazon matches type-0
I just tried with someone named "Jay," unfortunately he wasn't able to get the PM

EDIT:
SUPER BOMBA! Considering 15 or so minutes ago they gave me a $16 promotional credit through live chat to cover the difference!

UC4 for $28!!
This guy only gave me $5 promo credit :mad:
Better than nothing though

Do you have to toss down money up front? Cause with GCU I'm not seeing too much benefit in the first place. The price difference is like a gift certificates worth. Which I have $30 I'm not using.

Yeah, nah it doesn't. Which makes all this only save you like... $5-$8. Which is what I put down on the game to pre-order it in the first place (that money disappears as far as I'm concerned). Mostly worth it if you don't have GCU. Otherwise, the hassle.
Also this. I need my MGS5 collectors. Also, I have a Walmart card for $65. But honestly I'd rather use that on a game up front than lock myself out of making a purchase decision where I don't have to go to Walmart.

they charged me up front. I cancelled UC4 but I'm gonna stay with the MH4 at best buy cause I get $10 coupon with it. Just do KH3 and MGS5 amazon, CMON YO

Exuro

For amazon preorders, it says that they'll price match with their lowest price. I ordered mh4 a while ago, so when it ships will it pricematch with this? Not sure how preorders work there.

Hoping Amazon price matches Type 0 and Batman LE. Already ordered UC4 even though I'll probably end up getting the collector's edition anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Koppai

Walmart puts a hold for 3-5 days then it disappears until launch. I ordered Type-0 HD for PS4. it's cheaper than Best Buy even with GCU applied.

DooD1234

Lol, I find it funny everyone is getting in on this deal through other retailer besides walmart. I got pokemon for store pickup later today (hoping it don't get cancelled when I come to get it). Managed to price match monster hunter 4 at Best Buy with a $10 gift card to boot. I lack a PS4 to get in the rest but I'm confident those will be cheap enough when I grab an eventual PS4 slim.

What happened to "vote with your wallet, don't pre-order"?

The prices aren't even that good: they look like regular sale prices to me, minus the goofy numbers.

Top Bottom