• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Sorry for whoever invited me to a game. The game wasn't even open on my tv, it was in the background as I had the twitch stuff up.

This could be a downside to multitasking on consoles.

wsippel

Banned
Right, but there's no easy way to do that without spending more money on platinum. I haven't unlocked all the planets where I can get the required materials for new gear. I already spent $25 (plus the free PS+ plat) to get all the shit I currently have. Now I come to find that I can't progress solo with what I've got and 4/5 multiplayer games end with some game-breaking bug or getting dropped during host migration. So I'm basically fucked unless I spend more money?

Cool.
As Sykotik mentioned, the Lex can be purchased with credits. You don't need to spend platinum on anything outside of inventory slots and cosmetic items, ever. Even if you play solo.

Also, the stuff you bought isn't bad by any means. The Vipers in particular are quite awesome and very fun to use, and perfectly viable even in late game missions. But it's a burst damage weapon and chews through ammo like crazy. Great against strong individual targets like ancients, heavies and bosses, but completely useless against crowds. The problem is that your current loadout consists of weapons that are simply too similar. You'd usually pair the Vipers with a shotgun, sniper or bow - weapons that deal tons of damage and can kill fodder in one or two shots, but typically have a lower overall DPS against heavy units due to low firing rates or slow reloads.

Yeah, this game is a scam. Impossibly difficult solo and completely broken in multiplayer. Some of the most horrendous drop rates I've ever experienced in a video game, with a pay store just begging for you to spend more money so you can at least feel like you are progressing. Ugh.
I've heard this same complaint from here and from friends of mine and I don't get it.

All of my time on PC was solo, and I'm fine soloing on the PS4 when I'm not in the mood for a sprint. I just skip survival and defense missions, but find all the rest doable.

Conserve ammo, scavenge, mix up your weapons and use powers and melee. Its all more than doable.

What's the biggest problem you're having? Ammo?

Right, but there's no easy way to do that without spending more money on platinum. I haven't unlocked all the planets where I can get the required materials for new gear. I already spent $25 (plus the free PS+ plat) to get all the shit I currently have. Now I come to find that I can't progress solo with what I've got and 4/5 multiplayer games end with some game-breaking bug or getting dropped during host migration. So I'm basically fucked unless I spend more money?

Cool.
I've spent starting plat, but only on cosmetic stuff (colors) and an orkin reactor. I put in some more plat to cover the time I have played ($10) and bought a glaive as I didn't see the blueprints on the marketplace, and the fact that I loved Dark Sector back in the day. And thats it. If I can solo without being compelled to buy plat, so can others.

And a random aside, I wish I could tag my player with a note that says "Its not a fucking sprint!". People, seriously, this game is meant to be played as a group, with affinity bonuses for kills from other players as long as you are close by.

Why the fuck do people run full speed and not stick with the group? What is the thought process to leave the rest of the team in the dust, do no exploration and just book it for extraction? Why are they even playing this game if they just want to reach the exit ASAP?

Con_Smith

Banned
Been busy with Assassins creed lately so I mised out on the clan invites goin down the last few pages, but I would love to join (psn: j-chris88)

Will probably get a few games going tonight before walking dead if anyone is interested.

Sykotik

I'm definitely having more fun when my group isn't running ahead like a bunch of twats.

Using the Thief's Wit mod, being able to see valuable loot pick-ups is great, too. Game-changing-ly great.

Jobbs

Banned
The slowdown and crashing in this game are starting to try my patience. Pretty sure we lost a defense mission just now because the framerate got so bad it was hard to even fight. Then it froze up at the end.

Narroo

The slowdown and crashing in this game are starting to try my patience. Pretty sure we lost a defense mission just now because the framerate got so bad it was hard to even fight. Then it froze up at the end.

Is this in the PS4 version?

My last match had this. Pretty sure I was hosting (my loading bar was on top and filled way before the other players), and I have a max of 100 ping set up for grouping, but still, the framerate plummeted to the teens after killing the boss and didn't improve until extraction, no matter what was on screen.

In all of my missions on PS4 this was the only time I've run into this.

Sykotik

The FPS bug is when you're hosting, only seems to crop up when you have a full group. As far as I know, the ping limit only takes into account when you join someone, not when they join you.

Helscream

Banned
Well I just got killed by the stalker twice in the past hour. Both times on a Nightmare Mode mission. So damn annoying.

I felt like a badass killing that robot dude solo. Much, much easier than the first boss. Might actually start farming him as he drops rhino parts.

Edit: not a dude at all actually. Four legged robot thing is more accurate.

Sykotik

I have a tower survival 1 and 2, plus tower 1 exterminate. Just looking for prints for mag prime is my goal with these

If you don't do them tonight, I'd be down for tomorrow. We could also use one of mine first so we can gauge the difficulty without losing your chance at Mag.

I'm Pacific time. I would be down for pretty much any time between ~10am-6pm, but don't wait around on my behalf.

Sykotik

Would love a clan invite my most played ps4 game so far love it

FFXI_Isamu

Been busy with Assassins creed lately so I mised out on the clan invites goin down the last few pages, but I would love to join (psn: j-chris88)

Will probably get a few games going tonight before walking dead if anyone is interested.

I invited you two. I removed two other people that haven't accepted their invites for a few days, so sorry if you got nixed.

Keep in mind the clan is currently full until we build the upgraded barracks in our Dojo.

Edgeward

If you don't do them tonight, I'd be down for tomorrow. We could also use one of mine first so we can gauge the difficulty without losing your chance at Mag.

I'm Pacific time. I would be down for pretty much any time between ~10am-6pm, but don't wait around on my behalf.

Ah, thanks. Im PST as well, but i dont get home til 7 D:

Sykotik

Ah, thanks. Im PST as well, but i dont get home til 7 D:

I wouldn't mind trying one out if you're up for playing when you get home. I just typically don't want to go beyond 8pm. Let me know! But, again, don't wait on my behalf.

Edit: I had a boat-load of materials from grinding the past 4 days. For whatever reason it didn't click for me that I could just go buy a bunch of blueprints and start making new gear. I was getting fairly irked, because I felt that F2P sting coming on.

Got 4 weapons that will be ready tomorrow! The irk has dissipated.

Sykotik

Got stalked on Venus.

Got killed on Venus.

I think I love this game.

I was reading the wiki (very helpful btw) and it mentioned that the stalker can actually show up during your Mastery tests.

Talk about a jerk!

I want to see what kind of character you need to actually be able to fight that guy.

I just got the Forma blueprint.

I just added to cross connectors once you go into the two elevators of our clan base. Once those are done we can start building the weapons and gear manufacturing parts. We still need some materials. That forma blueprint will help us out a lot.

Where did you get it from?

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is that made this game go from absolute trash to great, but I'm having a blast with it on PS4. The last time I played it was before they added the traversal stuff (i.e. wall running) on PC and it was just bland as hell to me.

I wish it explained more in game in regards to the crafting and modding, but most of all they need to have the player's currency showing on every UI screen (outside of gameplay). It's extremely annoying.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the turn this game has taken in development. With this, Blacklight, and DCU the PS4 has a pretty amazing free-to-play library, but Warframe has to be the best of the bunch so far.

Sykotik

Can we gift materials and money to other people?

It would be better than one person spending everything or using plats.

No way, at this point. Doesn't sound like they will add material trading, either.

I have 4 Void Keys. a T2 Exterminate, T2 Survival and T1/T3 Mobile Defense.

The Forma blueprint drop-rate is highest on T3, supposedly "Common".

Just read that the Void Keys don't get removed upon failure. This is good.

BPoole

I was reading the wiki (very helpful btw) and it mentioned that the stalker can actually show up during your Mastery tests.

Talk about a jerk!

I want to see what kind of character you need to actually be able to fight that guy.

He is absolutely ridiculous right now. I am mastery rank 13 and he can still kill me really quickly. I've seen him go after other people and drop them with one arrow.

Luckily I already have the Hate, Despair, and Dread lol

LkPr

I'm still relatively low lvl (10 I believe on my first Warframe) but if there are other Gaffers in that range (I just started Venus) I would like to meet up and play. I'm in the clan and have only been playing with randoms so far... and it is getting annoying lol.

No way, at this point. Doesn't sound like they will add material trading, either.

I have 4 Void Keys. a T2 Exterminate, T2 Survival and T1/T3 Mobile Defense.

The Forma blueprint drop-rate is highest on T3, supposedly "Common".

Just read that the Void Keys don't get removed upon failure. This is good.

What level warframe should I be to tackle those T1 to T3 missions?

I'm currently level 24 warframe, heavily modded, but I still only have the starting weapons although they are heavily modded to. My sword is upgraded however. Got some sword blueprint early on and built it.

I'll say this one more time, mention your GAF handle when you send an invite or friend request on the PSN or PC. I encounter some people lying already. On another note. Will love a Clan invite as well. I play late on the East Coast, so holla at me.

ShinobiFist-PSN

ShinobiFist-Steam

I haven't touch the PC version in a long time, I should boot it up again and start from scratch...

Sykotik

I'm currently level 24 warframe, heavily modded, but I still only have the starting weapons although they are heavily modded to. My sword is upgraded however. Got some sword blueprint early on and built it.

I have no idea. We can just try it, to see. We won't lose anything but time. I'm out of revives, too, just so you're aware.

BPoole

It will be awhile before you can handle T3 missions unless you're in a party with high level players. You should be able to do the T1 and probably T2 captures/exterminates at htis point in time

Sykotik

I'll say this one more time, mention your GAF handle when you send an invite or friend request on the PSN or PC. I encounter some people lying already. On another note. Will love a Clan invite as well. I play late on the East Coast, so holla at me.

ShinobiFist-PSN

We're full on the PSN clan atm. Trying to get Forma to build what we need.

Edit: I went ahead and removed a pending invite to get you in.

desverger

Very nice, my Rhino is almost built and I just did an alert for a separate helmet, to which I just need some neurodes now :)

Been having tons of fun with this game. By the way, I just Forma'd my frame, and now I have an extra "aura" slot in it. Is this normal? I don't see it mentioned in the wiki anywhere :p

molnizzle

I'm down for some of those Void missions. Excalibur level 25, Grakata and Twin Vipers rank 19. In MP games I don't run into many issues with ammo, but in SP, ugh. Goddamn Seer drop rates are ruining my life.

Top Bottom