• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Gaz_RB

I've spent starting plat, but only on cosmetic stuff (colors) and an orkin reactor. I put in some more plat to cover the time I have played ($10) and bought a glaive as I didn't see the blueprints on the marketplace, and the fact that I loved Dark Sector back in the day. And thats it. If I can solo without being compelled to buy plat, so can others.

And a random aside, I wish I could tag my player with a note that says "Its not a fucking sprint!". People, seriously, this game is meant to be played as a group, with affinity bonuses for kills from other players as long as you are close by.

Why the fuck do people run full speed and not stick with the group? What is the thought process to leave the rest of the team in the dust, do no exploration and just book it for extraction? Why are they even playing this game if they just want to reach the exit ASAP?

I've gone solo mostly just for this reason... Slow the fuck down people

noobishcholo

Neo Member
Still waiting for the versions of the game to sync up. I have a lot of stuff on PC I need transferred over. Starting over is NOT an option!

I've gone solo mostly just for this reason... Slow the fuck down people
I wish I could at least understand the reasoning behind it, but I can't. It just makes zero sense to me.

Even if people are grinding levels for materials at "maximum efficiency" you'd think they could just play the damn thing solo or with like-minded friends or clanmates and keep it out of public matchmaking.

It honestly comes across as griefing. Maybe that's it really. Dunno.

I've had a few great public matches, but almost always when its just me and another player or two, tops, as we stick together and cover each other well. Usually though, the third and fourth players are sprinters and just leave us behind.

And holy shit at these Survival missions. I think I need a tutorial because I have yet to survive more than a few minutes, either as a duo or even with a full group. I'm pretty sure I've never played one with anybody else that knew what they were doing either, so its just been a quick way to reduce my revive count ;p

I'm pretty new to Warframe, but I'm happy to play with people who want to move a bit slower and as a team. I appreciate people who will talk and communicate as well. Add me and invite me anytime:

PSN: The_Octodad

Helscream

Banned
HAHA! Well I buffed my health/shield since last time the Stalker trolled me. He jumped me again while playing a Nightmare Mission. Kicked his fucking ass 3rd time around. And of course he didn't drop a damn thing. Asshole.

Just tried this game on the weekend (ps4). What a nice surprise it was.
Really fun and addictive.
I'm trying to understand most of it but it looks like one can just play endless ours and keep finding new stuff.

I have a (noob) question:
how do I get platinum points. Can they only be bought on the store?

molnizzle

I wish I could at least understand the reasoning behind it, but I can't. It just makes zero sense to me.

They just don't understand how the game works. In most gear grind games the optimal farming method is rush to boss, kill boss, then rush to exit. That's just the expected strategy at this point. These randoms you guys are playing with (and I use "you guys" purposefully as I have yet to run into this in my 100 games or so) think that you are the one griefing the team by not going fast.

If you find yourself with people like that just educate them with your mic.

Gaz_RB

I'm pretty new to Warframe, but I'm happy to play with people who want to move a bit slower and as a team. I appreciate people who will talk and communicate as well. Add me and invite me anytime:

I'm fairly new too. I sent you a FR, so if you see me on Warframe, we should play.

Even if people are grinding levels for materials at "maximum efficiency" you'd think they could just play the damn thing solo or with like-minded friends or clanmates and keep it out of public matchmaking.

It honestly comes across as griefing. Maybe that's it really. Dunno.

I've had a few great public matches, but almost always when its just me and another player or two, tops, as we stick together and cover each other well. Usually though, the third and fourth players are sprinters and just leave us behind.

And holy shit at these Survival missions. I think I need a tutorial because I have yet to survive more than a few minutes, either as a duo or even with a full group. I'm pretty sure I've never played one with anybody else that knew what they were doing either, so its just been a quick way to reduce my revive count ;p

I think it's just sort of a snowball effect. People starting see people playing the game like that so they start playing it like that and so on and so forth.

And yeah, Survival is hard as balls.

They just don't understand how the game works. In most gear grind games the optimal farming method is rush to boss, kill boss, then rush to exit. That's just the expected strategy at this point. These randoms you guys are playing with (and I use "you guys" purposefully as I have yet to run into this in my 100 games or so) think that you are the one griefing the team by not going fast.

You've seriously never had people rush ahead?

Good answer, and I'll try to do exactly that.

I've been lurking in this thread since before launch, but I'm new and can finally post. Running with a semi-consistent group would be cool. I've been impressed with the game and am around a rank 8 I think.

I'm looking to maybe join the clan when spots open up. PSN: DeucesWyld

I'll add you but i'm on the 2nd planet...i explore and go pretty slow

I'm trying to understand most of it but it looks like one can just play endless ours and keep finding new stuff.

I'd like to know the answer to this also...in regards to the platinum

BPoole

Platinum can only be acquired by paying real money. However, every weapon in the game can be crafted through blueprints and resources. The only things that you cannot buy credits with are colors, sentinel accessories, syandanas, orokin catalysts/reactors (these double your mod capacity when oyu put them into a warframe or weapon), alt helmets, weapon slots, and warframe slots.

The only thing you really need to spend money on are weapon/warframe slots and orokin catalysts/reactors. There are alert missions that reward you with rare items that can't be bought in the market (ie The Glaive, the Ceramic Dagger, Aura mods, etc)

Platinum can only be acquired by paying real money. However, every weapon in the game can be crafted through blueprints and resources. The only things that you cannot buy credits with are colors, sentinel accessories, syandanas, orokin catalysts/reactors (these double your mod capacity when oyu put them into a warframe or weapon), alt helmets, weapon slots, and warframe slots.

The only thing you really need to spend money on are weapon/warframe slots and orokin catalysts/reactors. There are alert missions that reward you with rare items that can't be bought in the market (ie The Glaive, the Ceramic Dagger, Aura mods, etc)

how much real money have you spent on this game

Platinum can only be acquired by paying real money. However, every weapon in the game can be crafted through blueprints and resources.
Wait a second, what about my glai-

Oh. So that's why I couldn't find the blueprint on the marketplace.

Its the first thing I spent plat on.

I started with 150p on the PS4, and added another $10. I did that thought because I had already put about 12 hours into it on PC and a few hours on the console and figured that was the very least the game was worth to me for what it offered. I'll gladly pay up more over time if the game has legs. Not for the plat mind you, or to advance ahead of the grind, but to support the game and more content. Getting customization items for it is a nice perk I guess.

Twice now I've gotten the Glaive blueprint as a login reward. I hate the bug that doesn't allow you to sell items you have more than one of. When the hell are they gonig to patch the PS4 version? Way too many bugs.

ypo

You can only get 4 kinds of resource drops from each planet and they don't change within its missions?

BPoole

Wait a second, what about my glai-

Oh. So that's why I couldn't find the blueprint on the marketplace.

Its the first thing I spent plat on.
The Glaive is one of the best melee weapons in the game, so don't consider it a waste that you spent plat on it (although the Glaive Prime just came out in the last update, but from what I can tell it is very difficult to obtain). There are Glaive specific mods as well that make it even better (Power Throw, Quick Return, Rebound, and Whirlwind

There are other weapons that can only be acquired through alerts like the Ceramic Dagger/Sword, Plasma Sword, Dark Dagger/Sword, Heat Dagger/Sword, Pangolin Sword, and the Jaw Sword.

Some of those can also be obtained by daily login rewards

BPoole

A lot, probably around $200, but I have over 500 hours played and still have things to work towards and the devs constantly adding in new content keeps things fresh. My buddy plays almost as much as me (he has like 300 hours) and has only spent ~$75 over the course of 10 months. We pretty much have all the same gear as far as things that impact gameplay.

I invited you two. I removed two other people that haven't accepted their invites for a few days, so sorry if you got nixed.

Keep in mind the clan is currently full until we build the upgraded barracks in our Dojo.

Dang. Ok. I never got an invite but keep me in mind when you guys get some open spots.

PSN: Dredguno

Currently only level 15 on Excalibur.

I've spent $65 just to support the digital extremes. This is a good example of a properly designed f2p game.
I'll gladly open my wallet up more for them once they solve some of the bugs that have made things a problem for playing as a duo. Stuff like massive framerate drops, invisible walls blocking doorways and going into some murderous limbo instead of returning to the menu after completing a mission.

Its been much better as of late, but there are still a few really nasty bugs so I want to see how much support they provide the PS4 version.

Thanks. I need to learn more about the game and items to spend money on it. Right now I'm kind of overwhelmed and I'm sure I would spend money on the "wrong" thing.
Like I started with 50 or so plat and then bought a "glowing scarf thingy" for my dude LOL had no idea what I was doing.

redhot_

Hmm not sure if this is a 100% fix but removing your sentinel seems to help with that frame rate issue if you're hosting.

BPoole

Thanks. I need to learn more about the game and items to spend money on it. Right now I'm kind of overwhelmed and I'm sure I would spend money on the "wrong" thing.
Like I started with 50 or so plat and then bought a "glowing scarf thingy" for my dude LOL had no idea what I was doing.

I'm not sure how it works on PS4, but sometimes for your login rewards, you can get either 20%, 50%, or 75% Off platinum. Just wait until you get a 50% or 75% off coupon and then buy the $50 tier for $25 and that will give you enough platinum to last a long time

Hmm not sure if this is a 100% fix but removing your sentinel seems to help with that frame rate issue if you're hosting.
Does that advice apply to anybody in the group? Or just the host? I guess it can't be just the host because I've run into that bug as host and have never had a sentinel.

redhot_

Does that advice apply to anybody in the group? Or just the host? I guess it can't be just the host because I've run into that bug as host and have never had a sentinel.

Most of the time I notice it's when hosting. A friend needs everyone's off to host in some voids.

molnizzle

*shakes head*

I miss nothing. =P

Being thorough is one thing, taking way too long to aimlessly run around every single nook and cranny of every single room is another. At some point you're better off just finishing the mission and starting a new one. People who want to take forever like that are the ones who need to be playing solo, not the other way around. Group play should be all about efficiency and tackling obstacles that can't be done solo.

It helps that I now have a decently upgraded Thief's Wit mod on my 'frame.

Sykotik

The only thing you really need to spend money on are weapon/warframe slots and orokin catalysts/reactors.

According to the Wiki, Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are also craftable in the game. The blueprint is just extremely rare, only obtainable from Alert missions and Login rewards, and removes itself after one use.

BPoole

According to the Wiki, Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are also craftable in the game. The blueprint is just extremely rare, only obtainable from Alert missions and Login rewards, and removes itself after one use.

I know, but you get way more weapons than you will catalysts, and once oyu get to a high level, being constrained to only 30 mod slots of literally impossible to use effectively.

I'm not sure how it works on PS4, but sometimes for your login rewards, you can get either 20%, 50%, or 75% Off platinum. Just wait until you get a 50% or 75% off coupon and then buy the $50 tier for $25 and that will give you enough platinum to last a long time

No Platinum Discounts login reward for PS4. It's the whole reason I've yet to buy any Platinum. The normal price is pretty high IMHO.

noobishcholo

Neo Member
Any word on when PS4 can play with PC?

Never. They confirmed that cross play will never happen. They will be letting people do a ONE time copy of their PC accounts to their PS4 accounts, but this can only be done when the versions of the game are in sync, which they aren't right now.

So basically, you can copy your PC account to PS4 only ONE time.

And you will never be able to play with PC players from your PS4.

I just unlocked a tower 1 survival key. Is this a one time use thing or can I keep using it? I want to try it solo but don't want to waste it if I die.

kaioshade

Never. They confirmed that cross play will never happen. They will be letting people do a ONE time copy of their PC accounts to their PS4 accounts, but this can only be done when the versions of the game are in sync, which they aren't right now.

So basically, you can copy your PC account to PS4 only ONE time.

And you will never be able to play with PC players from your PS4.

Sure about that? They said having accounts on both isnt possible, but when the versions are in sync cross play would be possible.

I just unlocked a tower 1 survival key. Is this a one time use thing or can I keep using it? I want to try it solo but don't want to waste it if I die.

One time use.

Sure about that? They said having accounts on both isnt possible, but when the versions are in sync cross play would be possible.

One time use.

Damn. Thanks.

Also guys, whoever's in the clan, don't forget to contribute to the build. We have two going down the elevators. It'll help is craft new weapons once the rooms are done.

Sykotik

Wiki says the key doesn't get used-up unless you complete the mission. I'll have to check my key to confirm.

I can confirm my key did not get used-up, even though I failed the mission.

noobishcholo

Neo Member

One time use.

Not 100% certain. I read it somewhere, I forget where right now, but it was a reputable source. Let me put it this way, I'd be willing to bet on it that I'm right.

I believe it had something to do with the same reason why cross platform minecraft was never a thing. It'd be way to hard for them to make sure that both versions of the game are constantly updated at the same exact time. That's not to say it isn't impossible, just very very unlikely.

This game is so confusing

I thought choosing a warframe at the beginning was like picking a class with corresponding abilities

But it seems you get mods and assign them. Does that mean I can just keep the same warframe and plug in new mods to get the abilities that are shown for buying a new warframe?

It took me ages to figure out that I could actually use an ability but hadnt assigned the mod so that I could do so.

On PS4. I like this game, but I feel like I got dropped into japan with no english speaking people and a wallet of strange notes.

I thought choosing a warframe at the beginning was like picking a class with corresponding abilities

But it seems you get mods and assign them. Does that mean I can just keep the same warframe and plug in new mods to get the abilities that are shown for buying a new warframe?

It took me ages to figure out that I could actually use an ability but hadnt assigned the mod so that I could do so.

On PS4. I like this game, but I feel like I got dropped into japan with no english speaking people and a wallet of strange notes.

Each warframe has 4 unique abilities that can't be placed on other wareframes. Also, some are slower but stronger, and some are quicker but weaker. That kind of idea. The mods can be used for weapons which any class can use, or to beef up specific frames.

KiraXD

anyone else having trouble logging in on PS4?

I keep getting an error saying unable to connect to server.

Even on the website it wont let me log in with my PS4 account. I get this:

Invalid/Missing AuthCode

but it wont let me do or change anything...

molnizzle

Not 100% certain. I read it somewhere, I forget where right now, but it was a reputable source. Let me put it this way, I'd be willing to bet on it that I'm right.

I believe it had something to do with the same reason why cross platform minecraft was never a thing. It'd be way to hard for them to make sure that both versions of the game are constantly updated at the same exact time. That's not to say it isn't impossible, just very very unlikely.

I'm actually inclined to think that you're wrong. The way this game is set up just screams "PC integration" Hell, it has its own Warframe-specific friends list, chat client and internal updating system. If it was a dedicated console port they'd have killed off that PC chat stuff. It seems logical that they left it in for a reason.

As for Minecraft, that didn't have cross-platform multiplayer because Microsoft does not allow for games to use external multiplayer platforms (i.e. not XBL). Sony has no such restriction, which is why you see cross-platform games like FFXIV and DCUO on PS3 and not 360.

Sykotik

Don't worry, it's very confusing when you first start. You are correct, each Warframe has 4 unique abilities that only that Warframe can use, which need to be equipped as a mod before use. The mods are specific to certain types of equipment ie; Warframe (generic or Warframe specific), Primary (segregated between Sniper, Shotgun, Rifle), Secondary (Pistol), Melee, and then Sentinel.

You can't equip Warframe specific mods on other Warframes. If it's a class mod, then it will have the name of the Warframe it's specific to as the "type", such as Excalibur, Nyx, Mag, Loki, etc. Normally the type would say, like above, Sniper, Shotgun, Rifle, etc.

noobishcholo

Neo Member
I'm actually inclined to think that you're wrong. The way this game is set up just screams "PC integration" Hell, it has its own Warframe-specific friends list, chat client and internal updating system. If it was a dedicated console port they'd have killed off that PC chat stuff. It seems logical that they left it in for a reason.

As for Minecraft, that didn't have cross-platform multiplayer because Microsoft does not allow for games to use external multiplayer platforms (i.e. not XBL). Sony has no such restriction, which is why you see cross-platform games like FFXIV and DCUO on PS3 and not 360.

Yea, after some quick googling, I realized that I was pretty wrong. My bad guys. PC integration is totally possible. I can't say if it will happen for sure, but they are totally looking into it. Sorry guys! My bad!

Top Bottom