• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Dave1988

perfection5tux8.gif

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So is anyone doing the tactical alert tomorrow afternoon? Like after 1-1:30pm pst. Did a couple runs with pubs it's a decent challenge.

Rockyrock

So how does mastery rank work? Because I thought when you level it up you're supposed to get new loadout slots.

im mastery rank 5 and I can only have 2 warframes, is that correct?

So how does mastery rank work? Because I thought when you level it up you're supposed to get new loadout slots.

im mastery rank 5 and I can only have 2 warframes, is that correct?
Loadouts are configurable equipment presets, they do not impact the amount of inventory space you have. What you want are Warframe slots, and while you can buy them at any time regardless of mastery rank, they cost 20 platinum a piece.

Rockyrock

Loadouts are configurable equipment presets, they do not impact the amount of inventory space you have. What you want are Warframe slots, and while you can buy them at any time regardless of mastery rank, they cost 20 platinum a piece.
yep just realized this.

was hoping I didn't have to spend 20 plat on that but oh well.

Edgeward

The tactical alert is neat. Good to see they integrate conclave rating into something meaningful. They still manage to ruin it by having the need to run it 8-11 times

Yeah, I kinda liked the challenge of a conclave limit, but they need to keep the number of runs more like the ice leader alert one. To get the badge, it was prob more like 25 runs total...

Alx

Is there an easy way to pass the interception missions while playing solo ? There are a few ones for which I can't find randoms, and even with an overpowered frame I can't manage to control enough beams (it usually starts ok, but usually switches fast from 60%-5% to 61%-100%... if I don't die in the meantime).
I read on the wiki that you could stealth-control the points if you never get detected, but it doesn't seem to work in my case (the enemies "accidentally" control the points by patrolling around them).

This is the most amazing thing ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXn5dK4gYwA

Also, I'm salty they waited until I lost architect privileges to introduce dojo color customization.

This is great because I've been looking for a Loki Prime helmet the last few days, logging in doing like 20 void missions and logging out. Still looking much less found anything else good aside from cores or worse glitches where you get no items at all....

VariantX

Is there an easy way to pass the interception missions while playing solo ? There are a few ones for which I can't find randoms, and even with an overpowered frame I can't manage to control enough beams (it usually starts ok, but usually switches fast from 60%-5% to 61%-100%... if I don't die in the meantime).
I read on the wiki that you could stealth-control the points if you never get detected, but it doesn't seem to work in my case (the enemies "accidentally" control the points by patrolling around them).

depends on what frame and what map really. I generally think the smaller the map, the better. There's a interception on a corpus tileset that has the radio beacons far apart including the one in the valley that is pretty much nearly impossible to solo. In contrast, there's an interception tileset on Ceres thats extremely easy to solo because you have line of sight visuals to 3 of the control points and they are closer together to allow you to use some powers like Nyx's chaos or Excalibur's radial blind to allow one frame to lock down 3 points by itself.

wicko

There is no way to stealth the mission and enemies don't capture points by being near them like players - they run up to a console and hack it for a few seconds. If you kill them before that hack finishes you can prevent them from taking the point, hopefully that will make it a little easier for you.

You can stealth the first point, however once it's captured the level will become alert.

Alx

There is no way to stealth the mission and enemies don't capture points by being near them like players - they run up to a console and hack it for a few seconds. If you kill them before that hack finishes you can prevent them from taking the point, hopefully that will make it a little easier for you.

You can stealth the first point, however once it's captured the level will become alert.

From what I read on the wiki, enemies can do both, either control the point like the Tenno by staying in the area, or access the console, which will trigger an alarm but let them control it faster.

From what I read on the wiki, enemies can do both, either control the point like the Tenno by staying in the area, or access the console, which will trigger an alarm but let them control it faster.

If you're on PS4, send me a friend's request (Das_Mookid) - I'd be happy to help get you through some interception. That first one is indeed quite a challenge spike from what I hear. . .

Alx

I'm on x1 unfortunately ( I posted here because the x1 topic didn't take off). Thanks for offering though.
It's ok though, I managed to unlock enough planets to keep me occupied, I only need to complete the interception levels to deploy resource probes.

Not sure when it dropped, but 14.8 is live on PS4. Big thanks to whoever got the buzzlock research cooking already!

There's an event with the usual mods, weapon rewards. Haven't had a chance to run it yet, but hopefully it's not too bad.

Amon37

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO
- Start the event node on Earth.
- Play through the mission, defeat the Grineer bosses and destroy the Void Portal Key.
- If you want to take the risk, search out resource caches to find high-value items.
- Exposure to the Void Portal will begin to affect you. Exposure weakens your Warframe. The effects are cumulative – the more missions you run, the weaker you become.
- Each mission run you will earn 1 Exposure point.
- More Exposure points earned = higher Rewards.
- Earn 5 Exposure points on a node to unlock a new node.
- Nodes to unlock (in order): Phobos, Ceres, Challenge Node located back on Phobos.
- The Challenge Node has no Exposure point cap. Keep earning Exposure points for as long as you are capable —know that your Warfame will be in an extremely weakened state the further you progress.

WHEN
- This Operation is on now until October 23 at 2 PM EDT

REWARDS
Successfully complete the Mission and you'll be rewarded with:
5 Exposure points: Event Badge and Phobos node unlocked
10 Exposure points: Set of 4 Mods – Buzz Kill, Fanged Fusillade, Sweeping Serration and Maim
15 Exposure points: Sheev Dagger: Built for close combat, the Sheev's plasma blade slices through flesh and armor with equal ease.
The top 3 Clans per Clan Tier will receive Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophies.
Clan Leaderboards: A Clan’s score is the sum of its members’ scores.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So does that mean we get all powers by default then? Do they still rank/level? Guess we probably don't know yet. So many updates. Someone tell bungie to take notes on content generation lol

Naite

So does that mean we get all powers by default then? Do they still rank/level? Guess we probably don't know yet. So many updates. Someone tell bungie to take notes on content generation lol

I believe if you already maxed them you don't have to level them up after the update, but if you get a new frame you'll have to level it up.

I'm kinda confused and worried about how the ability slots change is managed for the polarized ability slots in U15. I got about 12 frames and I changed the polarization of 1 or 2 ability slots on at least half of them. I'd really hate to have to re-forma and level them all over again. I'm hoping I can get around it by moving around my polarization slots before the update hits.

In other news, I finally got my Brakk receiver + BP after months of not caring about the damn thing.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's a good point. Hopefully they just give us the current ability slots as freebies to add whatever. Or let you keep whatever polority it currently is.

I wish I had brakk parts. Got 3 or 4 bps.

VariantX

Hope they really go nuts with the weapon-specific mods and warframe power augments. Detaching powers from the mod table and making them inherent to the frames could potentially lead to far more interesting builds. that's a ton of mod points freed up to let players experiment more.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap these last few updates really upped the lag. Every mission is in slow motion. I thought destiny pvp was bad.

Is there any point to running the event after you get all the rewards?

Also anyone got an extra malicious raptor or the tonfa stance mod for trade?

Edit: on a more positive note, atterax us hilarious. Nukor looks fun too.

Amon37

Holy crap these last few updates really upped the lag. Every mission is in slow motion. I thought destiny pvp was bad.

Is there any point to running the event after you get all the rewards?

Also anyone got an extra malicious raptor or the tonfa stance mod for trade?

Edit: on a more positive note, atterax us hilarious. Nukor looks fun too.

No.
Yes I have an extra Gemini Cross.
Nukor is fun.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow thx man. I should be on tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: also does anyone have extra imprints for the huras and raksa kubrows? I've done like six random eggs and all but one were sunikas. I have imprints for both of mine.

Amon37

I play such odd hours In hope I can catch you guys. I wish there was a vault in the dojo and you could donate stuff and specific clan members could remove those gifted items.

Alx

I managed to solo a few interceptions by the way. Specters help a lot. :) (they don't really go control multiple points, but they speed up the capture and help clean up the area).
Daily rewards are fine again too, and I didn't break my streak. Maybe I missed the message about the reward that day, but I think it was a bug.

Top Bottom