• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

ShinMaruku

Yeah, its something isn't it? This game deserves a LTTP thread covering the changes at least since the PS4 launch, but I don't even have a handle on all of it myself. There's a hell of a lot of ground to cover.

It's a completely different game now, streamlined and refined. It's almost like it's a sequel to how it goes. I will be diving headlong back into this with gaf.

VariantX

Yeah, its something isn't it? This game deserves a LTTP thread covering the changes at least since the PS4 launch, but I don't even have a handle on all of it myself. There's a hell of a lot of ground to cover.

It probably will need one every year at the very least if it changes as much as it did in the next 12 months.

Jesus fucking christ, that sounds like the more annoying than any other warframe acquisition.

It is. Its not something you can actually work at. This is like combining Vauban + Hydroid acquisition methods into some sort of unholy beast. You cant even work at this one like most others. If a Vauban alert pops up, you're guaranteed that part going in so you don't waste time on parts you may not need. You're at the complete mercy of RNG here. You have to wait however many hours or days before another alert pops up carrying the coords, and you better not be doing anything else with your life. Then you have be lucky and be at your console/pc at the time those alerts happen because everyone is going to flood them. You've waited 3 times and gotten all 3 keys and now you have to wait 1 more hour and build the key so you can do the run with whomever you can get to go with you. Then you beat alad v and you hope he drops what parts you don't already have or you're getting back on the hamster wheel to do it all over again.

frizby

This is exciting. We have some thread activity, and the clan had 8-10 people online most of last night (ET).

Yes, getting Mesa is going to be tough, and it will require some coordination. I did get in on the one invasion reward a couple of days ago, so I have one coord. I'd like to organize a keyshare with some people on the clan where four of us build keys and don't run them until we can schedula a time to all be on. With four runs, a group would have a possibility (RNG still applies) of getting all of her parts. So, clan keyshare...I'm in...who's with me?

Actually...might be better to arrange this once four people have keys so we're not waiting too long.

Note that the Warframe Alerts phone app also lists invasions and their rewards, and it's the best way I've found to keep track of them. Unfortunately, it doesn't send customizable push notifications for invasions yet, so you do have to check it manually.

A few things to clarify from the last few posts:

• Kubrow imprints do affect breed. (pretty sure I have both Huras and Sahasa imprints)
  • There is no RNG for getting the Alad V coordinate. It's the listed reward, and you get it.
  • For argon crystals, I've had the best luck with T4 Defenses and Interceptions. If nothing else, Capt Voor drops them. Recommend just farming for new primes and taking them as they come.

Kubrow imprints do affect breed. (pretty sure I have both Huras and Sahasa imprints)
I know they're supposed to base on the official information, that if you get two imprints of identical breed the offspring is guaranteed to be the same. But back when I was trying to get all four, every player discussion I could find on the subject seem to indicate that that's not how it actually works in the game. Lots of people angry that they'd spent time acquiring imprints only to get a different breed. So I dunno... I decided to just use random incubation, and eventually I got lucky.

I'm just going to nod my head here like I know what that means ;p

Gahaha :p it had bugged out. Just quit and restarted the mission, spawned after taking me a different route and killing the boss :D

Need to do it another couple of times to get the other parts now!

Then I'm gonna do the mission to get the new pet thing. There's just so much in this game. Holy shit!

I had all the frames when I stopped playing, looks like I've got a few more to farm for to add to my collection. Rhino, ember prime, Nyx and Nova were my fav back then though.

I don't really like what they've done with the mod system, I was used to the old way but I guess it's just going to take a bit to get used to the UI for it.

Has Nova had a nerf? Because I'm defiantly not putting out as much damage as I used to. I was always too of the damage delt boards with like over half the groups damage and now I'm 3rd or 4th :p

Has Nova had a nerf? Because I'm defiantly not putting out as much damage as I used to. I was always too of the damage delt boards with like over half the groups damage and now I'm 3rd or 4th :p
They've changed who gets "credit" for the damage. Used to be the Nova player got it all, while now it's the player who triggers the explosion chain that gets it.

Where can I find the blueprint for the Dual Ichor? I'm not familiar with how clan research works.
You buy it from the Bio Lab in the clan dojo.

Well shit, the new infested debuffs are confusing I am no longer can tell who is the one draining my mana My nekros couldnt do nothing to harvest their bodies.

Also I will try to craft a key and save it for you guys.

They've changed who gets "credit" for the damage. Used to be the Nova player got it all, while now it's the player who triggers the explosion chain that gets it.
Which still sounds confusing. Don't you share XP with every player in your squad within 50 meters? Unless the players are separated beyond that range does it really matter who gets credit?

Which still sounds confusing. Don't you share XP with every player in your squad within 50 meters? Unless the players are separated beyond that range does it really matter who gets credit?

Points after match, some people I met in random missions kinda yelled at Nova because she is getting all the credit for the kills and it looks like they did nothing so their egos are hurt.

Which brings the competitive feels in a coop enviroment.

VariantX

If you get a sub objective to get x kills, or headshots, its damn near impossible with a nova in your party that is constantly using molecular prime.

If you get a sub objective to get x kills, or headshots, its damn near impossible with a nova in your party that is constantly using molecular prime.
OK, this I can definitely understand, and it seems like that's the exact situation fixed by giving credit to the player who shoots the primed targets.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure about the alad v nav drops? I did that Pluto Def alert and didn't get one. I'll check again when I'm on. Down to farm either way. Still need nyx prime and the newer prime gear.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Huh got the nav this time. Maybe I'm dumb and only did it twice last time lol Also did they make argon crystals expire after twelve hrs now? Cuz I happened to check and it only had an hr left. Got it last night.

EPMg0ah.jpg

Ok, noob questions here, pls be nice :p

How the balls does the map work now? Prior to this week, I hadn't played since the old map (or previous one, if it's been through multiple iterations) was still a thing, and while it's easy enough to know the basics, how do I know what I have/haven't done on a world? Is it the levels with the flashing borders? I also can't as easily make out the path to progress through the planet and onto the next, though I assume it's still the basics of 'get to the assassination mission (if there is one) and kill the dude?'

Also, farming stuff... how do? Trying to get some Neurodes for a weapon or Orokin Cells for.... anything >_> I know I can get Orokin Cells from Saturn and Neurodes from Earth (of the places I can go to so far, anyway), but is it just running around and hoping the RNG decides to be nice to me, or are there specific levels better suited for it than others?

Should I even be worrying about farming for stuff at this point, with my one frame and handful of weapons, or just continuing to unlock places?

Also, farming stuff... how do? Trying to get some Neurodes for a weapon or Orokin Cells for.... anything >_> I know I can get Orokin Cells from Saturn and Neurodes from Earth (of the places I can go to so far, anyway), but is it just running around and hoping the RNG decides to be nice to me, or are there specific levels better suited for it than others?
Cells are a pain to get even for long time players. Bosses have a decent chance to drop them. Also you could look for a Dark Sector Defense with increased resource drop rate. For Neurodes, I've found kubrow nests to be a decent source.

Should I even be worrying about farming for stuff at this point, with my one frame and handful of weapons, or just continuing to unlock places?
Depends on what you're crafting I suppose. But to a certain extent getting more mods and fusing them to make them more powerful is more important that just getting new weapons.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the subtle flashing border means you haven't done that mission. I had everything unlocked before things changed but afaik it's still kill boss, unlock next planet(s). For resources I dunno about specific missions but generally ones with more enemies give more drop chances so survival/def is probably best, bosses can drop rare resources too but it's hit or miss for me. If your starting out I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just play through unlocking areas.

Edit: yeah kubrow dens have decent drop rate actually

If I can get an invite to the GAF clan, it would be appreciated.

PSN: Pwnography420 (Never take a piss after buying a PS3 and have your college roomates make a PSN name you can't change :-/)

frizby

Darkwing and Pownog clan invites pending.

Please hold your Alad V keys until you have a group to keyshare. Will make getting Mesa much less painful for all involved.

Kinda upset. Got the last few points to unlock the hacking Mastery Rank test shortly after my controller alerted me of being low battery. I'm so conditioned to quickly pause and hit the "leave squad" button after the mission's over, but when you unlock a test it takes the space of that button, so I accidentally button mashed myself into starting the exam, and my controller died in the middle of me scrambling to pass it. Now I have to wait 24 hours to retake something I wanted to get out of the way tonight so I could start building some sweet new gear. I need to go watch a comedy or something to cheer myself up :(

Leunam

Finally learned how to scan stuff. Went into the codex and looked at the Moonlight Threshcone and it's spinning around with shaky cam, fog in the background, with thunderous music playing.

I love this game.

Did Warframe have any Christmas event last year? The Halloween thing was pretty fun, so I hope they do something like that again. Hidden present caches?

Finally learned how to scan stuff. Went into the codex and looked at the Moonlight Threshcone and it's spinning around with shaky cam, fog in the background, with thunderous music playing.
Try getting some scans of The Stalker. His codex "image" is... interesting.

Anyone have a spare Bo prime handle? I already wasted my keys for getting it

Did Warframe have any Christmas event last year? The Halloween thing was pretty fun, so I hope they do something like that again. Hidden present caches?

We got mustaches in october, last year was a plat promo.

So, this mutalisk Alad V quest to get Mesa parts...

Do we seriously have to get lucky and hope that there is an Infested Invasion going on, and that it has an Alad V nav coordinate as battle pay for one of its missions, and that there's enough time to fulfill the mission requirements to get that key, and then do this three times over in order to craft one opportunity to tackle Alad V to get one of the three Mesa blueprint parts drops?

I'm fine with RNG mission rewards and RNG boss drops, but is this really RNG mission availability on top of all of that? Even the Vaubn drops that were tied to alerts flat out gave you the part in reward for completing them. These infestation invasions (if available when you play and if there's enough time left to do them) promise one part of three needed to fight the boss once (per player) for one random part out of three.

Please tell me I've got something wrong here - because my co-op buddies jumped back into Warframe for the first time in months last night, and this went over like a loud wet fart in a sealed car.

Do we seriously have to get lucky and hope that there is an Infested Invasion going on, and that it has an Alad V nav coordinate as battle pay for one of its missions, and that there's enough time to fulfill the mission requirements to get that key, and then do this three times over in order to craft one opportunity to tackle Alad V to get one of the three Mesa blueprint parts drops?
Pretty much. Though, there are websites that will show you what invasions are going on so you can jump on if you have time. Also a tip us to hang out in the Recruitment chat about an hour after a coordinate invasion ends, as there will be people with keys looking for teammates.

Taz

Id like a clan invite if possible I'm from Europe, don't know if that matters or not and I'm quite new with just a level 29 Loki and I'm rank 3.

PSN: Taz-4-7

I normally play late at night(when the little fella is sleeping)

So, this mutalisk Alad V quest to get Mesa parts...

I'm fine with RNG mission rewards and RNG boss drops, but is this really RNG mission availability on top of all of that? Even the Vaubn drops that were tied to alerts flat out gave you the part in reward for completing them. These infestation invasions (if available when you play and if there's enough time left to do them) promise one part of three needed to fight the boss once (per player) for one random part out of three.

Yes.

Pretty much you would spend like half month to get Mesa playing alone which is annoying, the nav coord can be traded but still it really push you to get clan assistance or a full group to properly farm the pieces so you can get her in a week.

And since the population is kinda low you cant see people asking for farming mesa

Wtf? I posted in the trade channel that I wanted to trade away my Bronco Prime Blueprint and a guy said he was interested so I set up a trade, he showed up, said he actually wanted a Boar Blueprint, left, and then put me on his ignore list. I went back and double checked my original post and it definitely said Bronco. What's up with that?

frizby

Yeah, Mesa will be tough, but as long as you're working with the clan and keysharing, every key you make will get you four runs. I'll bet two or three keys gets most of us squared away.

Got my last Nova part today. I set up some groups to farm t4 sabotage keys and farmed two keys. Got the helm on our last/eighth key. It was a great gaming moment...practically jumped out of my chair.

So Nova and Soma Prime are checked off the list. Will have to get to Vasto after the holiday most likely.

Top Bottom