• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

Illucio

Banned
Relevant:

5b486443e26bb0b4e9e6e939e549f835.jpg

Paz

It's a thirty second commercial. You'll see gameplay in less then a week.

I'm pointing out the reality is if they thought the gameplay would sell the game they should be more than ready to show it, but they think this nonsense has a better chance.

That's probably not a great sign.

Ivan 3414

What exactly looks so bad about this trailer

It's CGI, maybe a bit live footage, IDK not sure cause of the quality

But how can you presume this game is crap based on a 30 second trailer with no gameplay

I'm pointing out the reality is if they thought the gameplay would sell the game they should be more than ready to show it, but they think this nonsense has a better chance.

What are you talking about?! It's an ad! Do you people sit around waiting to shit on everything UbiSoft. E3 is in a week. The full reveal is tomorrow but I'm sure no matter what they show it'll still get piled on

Here I am, excited to see more of this thing, enjoying this ad and the direction this is seemingly heading in. Meanwhile, GAF has been hating long before this 30-sec spot was even shown.

I'm there day 1 Ubi.

Ivan 3414

This trailer was leaked

Who knows what it was even meant for

What are you even saying

this looks rad and way more interesting that the first one at first glance. ya got me attention Ubimans.

also i don't understand what the fuck is with all the "lol its so edgy!!!!" comments, like tf

I agree with Ubisoft. I would guess that a CG trailer would sell the theme and game better then a thirty second gameplay thing.

What's the competition doing in terms of commercials? If I remember correctly, CoD doesn't show gameplay (I might be wrong) in their thirty second spots. Did GTA? I mainly saw outdoor ads for that, but they probably showed rendered stuff with ingame assets?

mrqs

So much hate here on Gaf, come on guys. Let's just wait for the gameplay, but for a trailer it just sets the tone.

JUST WAIT.

This didn't really seem like a trailer, more like what they'll throw on as a 30 sec TV spot for the times when they don't get to play a longer commercial. Especially with the release date at the bottom and how it ended with the logo, if so I'm not as surprised by a lack of gameplay in it.

Hopefully they have a real trailer and gameplay for E3.

Zukkoyaki

How much of that tone do you think you could stand in a game?

Anyone who thought the tone was going to be drastically different from the first game was wishfully thinking at best and delusional at worst.

All this thread is proving is that Watch Dogs 2 never stood a change with a great deal of posters on here.

ezekial45

Banned

I don't know, it's a 30 second ad. It's not a trailer. How many different commercials have you seen for games that have music or editing styles that are different from the actual game, or simply exaggerate it a bit.

Honestly, this is all an overreaction. Relax, we'll see more tomorrow and if you hate what you see, then go ahead and hate.

Terrible ad but you can't tell an awful lot from it. I enjoyed the first. I'm not attached to the series though so I can take it or leave it easily enough but will wait to see more. As it stands I don't care for it however.

Teeth

How much of the tone of Kasabian could you handle in Assassin's Creed?

This is an attention getter. It's not necessarily the tone of the game. Yes, there will be counter culture tries, Mr Robot knockoffs, and raves of the youth. But I doubt the characters will be thumping their chests much. I imagine it will be closer to Mr Robot with a bunch of misaligned kids with stutter talk trying to "change the system"...which, I can tolerate a lot of since I hang out on NeoGAF.

Hazaku

I'm interested.

Can't wait to read the social media posts in game from the inevitable Aiden Pierce fanclub.

Zukkoyaki

I imagine it will be closer to Mr Robot with a bunch of misaligned kids with stutter talk trying to "change the system"...which, I can tolerate a lot of since I hang out on NeoGAF.

LMAO!

Though you're probably right about the initial part.

Remember when Watch Dogs was supposed to be about all this vigilante stuff and hacking, and then the actual game was mostly just week-old warmed over open world third person shooter tedium?

Now replace "vigilante" and "hacking" with "millenials" and "activism"

Then again maybe they'll manage an Assassin's Creed 2, and this will be the half decent first step that sadly leads to annualization and mounting tedium

m4st4

Imagine if Tyler Durden and his pet Project Mayhem monkeys suddenly decided to be an actual Durito/Mountain Dew powered brand. The very idea of underground fuck-the-society punksters looking like that and behaving like pop-rockstars is just bad. #EdgyApplication

/Stop signs on and off and on and off... cause I can

You're looking at a 30 second stinger, not the actual reveal.

Top Bottom