• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

Staf

That looks terrible. Is it too late to get the iconic Aiden back?

Edit: And i'm saying that as someone who liked (minus Aiden) in the first one.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmm considering that's only a :30 spot, the games probably going to do very well.

It'll need to be polished as hell of a product, but they are hitting a lot of the right notes at the right time

Zukkoyaki

More than just that, though. Something about this game in particular is setting everyone off unlike anything I've seen on GAF before.

The threads about the first game selling well were venomous...
Early indications of a sequel had everyone scoffing at it...
The leaked image of the new protagonist brought a torrent of hate about how "bad" the design is with absolutely no elaboration as to WHY the design was bad...
And now this thread about a 30-second ad meant to showcase what the game is...

It's nuts and I can't for the life of me understand it. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion and they are more than welcome to dislike a game or be skeptical of it, but something about Watch Dogs 2 brings out some serious hatred and bitterness.

I mean, the ad looks bad. Do you want people to lie about how they feel? Maybe the full reveal will look better.

They shouldn't lie, but everyone sure does seem freakishly quick to hate everything about this game. It's been a trend in every single thread about it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
hi

I'm Disgraced

and I'm a God Damn Iconic Edgelord

giphy.gif

"Hold on, point that camera this way.... okay wait.... okay wait, sorry I'm just trying to find the right part of the video on my phone. Okay this is... no, this is the wrong video. Fuck. Hold on... Okay I think this is it. Yeah okay, so I'm just gonna hold my phone out like this and want you to film me, okay?

Did you get it? Wait, what do you mean my phone was off? Okay hold on, let me try this again."

The hate for Ubisoft and specifically Watch Dogs is disgusting at times. It's like people are really trying to hate anything coming out of that company.

Really need a new approach for PR.

Best wishes.

Caffeine

I stopped playing the first game because cars were sliding not driving lol.

complete immersion breaker oh well i got it for 8 bucks.

this trailer looks terrible...

Shaanyboi

Banned
Am I the only person who hated the driving in WD1? It felt terrible

Not gonna lie, the only interesting gameplay innovation in that game is stealthing your car by parking it.

That is the most interesting part of your open-world hacking game. Sitting still in a car as the AI passes you. Fucking hell.

Illucio

Banned
I have never seen so much vitriol for a game before. It's like everyone is actively trying to hate it.

Really? I guess this is some conspiracy and everyone was told to hate it by some person with mind control out of some vendetta they have with Ubisoft.

People respond negatively to games all the time here, are you new to any sort of comment section?

webkatt

I hope they do this whole thing at E3 where Ubi is doing a presentation then everything goes dark and BOOM. Screen is "hacked" tand you can hear people with mics, say "what's happening:?!?"

A video appears front and center with a masked person speaking in a disguised voice to several cuts of footage of random protest, etc accompanied a static hiss for each cut. A message relating to taking back the system or whatever the premise of this game is.

Then a trailer for watch dogs2 rolls.

FuCK yOU!, DOnt d0 TH1S!!

Hip Hop

Really? I guess this is some conspiracy and everyone was told to hate it by some person with mind control out of some vendetta they have with Ubisoft.

People respond negatively to games all the time here, are you new to any sort of comment section?

Nah, it's extra overtime when it comes to Ubisoft. And Watch Dogs.

Illucio

Banned
I hope they do this whole thing at E3 where Ubi is doing a presentation then everything goes dark and BOOM. Screen is "hacked" tand you can hear people with mics, say "what's happening:?!?"

A video appears front and center with a masked person speaking in a disguised voice to several cuts of footage of random protest, etc accompanied a static hiss for each cut. A message relating to taking back the system or whatever the premise of this game is.

I knew you we're joking, but my gosh the criiiinge.

Alienous

Then Yves walks on stage in a chain and sneaks.

Joeku

Exactly this is going to happen.

RedRum

Banned
I love the premise of rebellion. Not going to judge a game on a leaked trailer. Enjoyed the first WD, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this.

Or better yet the screens turn on and it's a live stream of Vivendis news conference announcing the hostile takeover of Ubisoft.

Zukkoyaki

People respond negatively to games all the time here, are you new to any sort of comment section before?

You haven't been paying attention if you think this game doesn't receive more hate than most other titles.

Though I will say you are probably the only one in this thread who was able to articulate why they didn't like it so for that I give you props.

You know, I was really looking forward to Watchdogs 2 because the first had a lot of cool ideas and was just really bland and poorly handled in the end (with the potential to be great if fixed up in the sequel). I was ready to keep an eye out for this.

Now? I don't want to.

I can cut through the cringe with a knife.

You haven't been paying attention if you think this game doesn't receive more hate than anything else.

Though I will say you are probably the only one in this thread who was able to articulate why they didn't like it so for that I give you props.

Feel free to check my post history. I've been very positive about Watch Dogs 2

This trailer still was very lame imo. Maybe the gameplay will be better

Top Bottom