• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhn

Eric, the customer service rep, is going to get crucified if this turns out to be 30fps.

He should find a bunker.

I don't really see why. If it's true that they have some kind of database where they make lookups for this kind of stuff, he's obviously not at fault. Someone obviously is, but not him.

R_Deckard

I think WD is more demanding. Everything in Infamous is prebaked while WD has real time lighting and a day-night cycle. Plus they have much more interactivity with peds.

Still, it is a cross gen game though. If last gen is the baseline and they just bumped the res and a few effects then yeah I guess theoretically 60 could be possible.
Infamous has Pre-Baked and realtime lighting.

You know this how?

I don't KNOW THIS, but it clearly is not running the Physical Based Shader from the reveal and the lighting will have Pre-Baked set in it from the Last Gen need, most likely a Forward Renderer (+) and this is easier on Bandwidth than a Deferred renderer (but this is better for lighting) so we will see, maybe just a deferred lighting solution??.

omonimo

Banned
Infamous has Pre-Baked and realtime lighting.

I don't KNOW THIS, but it clearly is not running the Physical Based Shader from the reveal and the lighting will have Pre-Baked set in it from the Last Gen need, most likely a Forward Renderer (+) and this is easier on Bandwidth than a Deferred renderer (but this is better for lighting) so we will see, maybe just a deferred lighting solution??.
You don't know this but you continue to claim a lot of things :/ I'm not saying you are wrong but you suppose, I guess. like many others.

R_Deckard

You don't know this but you continue to claim a lot of things :/ I'm not saying you are wrong but you suppose, I guess. like many others.
Well yes.. That is the point of a forum to post views and opinions is it not?

I did state I don't know so therefore take the rest if my statement as if I added IMHOP after each sentence and then we would be right!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Nope. No one has uttered a word.

Actually, that is not true

not sure if already posted

mxyZI8h.png

inb4 IE

source : http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2579bi/watch_dogs_1080p60fps_confirmed/chephni

B_Boss

If this is true forget the XB1 version lol. I'll be getting this for sure.

Thats just it though, do we know (if at all) what the XB1's reso./framerate will be so far or no? If the PS4s ends up being greater, expect resogate all over again as far as home console versions are concerned....

DryvBy

It amazes me why people think some customer service reps actually know anything like that. They likely just read the same page as the user and said sure.

Hey, I work customer service in a flippin' call center! Show some respect!!

And you're 100% right. Unless they're gamers, they won't know.

MilesTeg

Banned
It would be huge if this game is 60fps PS4, 30fps Xbox One. If it happens you have to think other games in the future might follow suit. I don't think we have seen differences in multiplats like that since the PS2/GCN/Xbox era.

jayu26

It would be huge if this game is 60fps PS4, 30fps Xbox One. If it happens you have to think other games in the future might follow suit. I don't think we have seen differences in multiplats like that since the PS2/GCN/Xbox era.

We did have Tomb Raider recently...

Gestault

There will be a massive wave of mild annoyance if this ends up not quite being true. Either way, there's no reason to doubt this will be the best way to play the game, barring a high-end PC.

hawk2025

There will be a massive wave of mild annoyance if this ends up not quite being true. Either way, there's no reason to doubt this will be the best way to play the game, barring a high-end PC.

I'm sorry, anyone that believes it deserves the mild annoyance.

And the same goes for the folks that one month from now will be whining about how E3 was disappointing after believing the ridiculous Microsoft and Sony "leaks".

Some Nobody

This would be neat, but man. I seriously do not want to see the reaching that will be done to try and make this seem like a negative for Sony.

I feel like because Ubisoft hasn't come out and said anything, that this "rumour" is true.

I mean if it was fake then they would immediately come out and say it, but right now they don't want to confirm 60 FPS on PS4 because it would hurt Xbox One sales of the game.

They still have not changed the wording on the website if that means anything... you would think if it was not true they would fix that shit but at the same time if it was true they would be bragging about it... i dont know what to believe.

senahorse

I feel like because Ubisoft hasn't come out and said anything, that this "rumour" is true.

I mean if it was fake then they would immediately come out and say it, but right now they don't want to confirm 60 FPS on PS4 because it would hurt Xbox One sales of the game.

Or maybe because it is an unlocked frame rate and sometimes true, e.g. indoors looking at the floor.

link4117

Except it's the weekend and a lot of companies aren't known for communicating during the weekends about anything. I mean you have to find the people who actually know the correct answer, and then probably let the right people handle it and inform the site.

It could also be possible that Ubisoft already informed the playstation site that there's a mistake already and no one's fixed it yet. If the people that maintain the database and/or website are in the US, you also have Mother's Day to compete with.

Listonosh

I doubt it. So many outlets have played it already on so many event and shows.

We would have known by now

Exactly this. I'm pretty sure I even read an outlet asking the devs about fps, and they said it runs at 30fps on the PS4. Can't remember which site it was though.

Except it's the weekend and a lot of companies aren't known for communicating during the weekends about anything. I mean you have to find the people who actually know the correct answer, and then probably let the right people handle it and inform the site.

It could also be possible that Ubisoft already informed the playstation site that there's a mistake already and no one's fixed it yet. If the people that maintain the database and/or website are in the US, you also have Mother's Day to compete with.

That is definitely a possibility! Anyways, we won't have to wait much longer to find out.

Exactly this. I'm pretty sure I even read an outlet asking the devs about fps, and they said it runs at 30fps on the PS4. Can't remember which site it was though.

All I ever saw was them saying they were "focusing on 30 FPS" like in this article from 2013;

"Right now the frame rate we're focussing on [is] a steady 30[FPS]," said Morin speaking to us at Eurogamer Expo this afternoon.

So wait! It is 60?

I severely doubt they would put that in an ad, if it wasn't legit. At least, on some level.

It may not be locked 60, but it must run at 60 pretty consistently for them to promulgate a 50 FPS framerate so prominently like that.

Bgamer90

Banned
yeah where PS4 hat about a 50% higher framerate with xbox one also being (mostly) 1080p.

So now with watch dogs xbox one is ~900p. So either both games are 60 fps or none ...

Yeah I agree. If the PS4 version is 60 FPS then I would assume that the Xbox One verison would have to be too but in a lower resolution. Lower framerate (30 FPS vs. 60 FPS) AND lower resolution for a game as a whole has only been a trait for the last gen versions of the recent multiplats so far.

We'll see though. Guess we'll get some news this week.

link4117

yes....i dont get why anyone thinks it could be false if its what sony put on their website in the first place. with people reporting on it now i dont see how it could be some kind of giant mistake.....

Because it's the weekend and every bit of a information we've had recently points to 30 fps. It could be true, but it's just so unexpected that a mistake seems more likely.

Kssio_Aug

I dont believe it either. But for me, who were already expecting this game at 30fps, it will not be a real problem if it turns to be a misleading information. But it will be a pleasant surprise if it turn out being true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom