• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
yes....i dont get why anyone thinks it could be false if its what sony put on their website in the first place. with people reporting on it now i dont see how it could be some kind of giant mistake.....

Because majority of the marketing people don't know jackshit regarding all this stuff. And they are the one who would be in charge of all this stuff. So need something solid from developers.

jtenma

Banned
Well, there is probably a reason IGN "confirmed" it.

If large a publication makes a bold statement about a company to a large audience as "confirmed" it will prompt (in this case Ubi) to speak up for clarification.

MJLord

This game has had so much backlash already I'd be surprised if the Watchdogs team ever confirm anything ever again xD

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm inclined to believe this at the moment. Word would have surely got through to Ubisoft and Sony about this informations and they would have at least said something by now if it wasn't true.

Kssio_Aug

There isnt any confirmation on twitter by a Ubi developer or something like that?

I would be surprised if this comes out on PS4 at 60fps. Quite excited to have a Ubisoft confirmation now.

Not sure if this was answered, but latest previews were on PS4, right.? Any of writers mentioned 60fps?

you can't read too much into what people say at preview events where they're rarely playing the game in a controlled environment.

for example, Eurogamer's reporter claimed that Mario Kart 8 was 1080p at a recent preview event, when it's clearly 720p.

Shakes head @IGN.

bunk-the-wire.gif

DryvBy

Well, there is probably a reason IGN "confirmed" it.

If large a publication makes a bold statement about a company to a large audience as "confirmed" it will prompt (in this case Ubi) to speak up for clarification.

I agree with this. Surely Ubisoft and Sony will talk about this. What a selling point if this is true. I will give my PS4 a big sloppy kiss right on the USB port.

and if they don't?

Then mankind will be no more...

Kysen

If this turns out to be untrue Sony is going to look real stupid. This is the kind of thing that you feel smug about but don't trumpet.

Downgradeton
on the quality of game journalism?

That is unless they are running these confirmed articles to bait out Ubisoft. If thats the case then good job?

Some Nobody

Them comments on that IGN article, though...

The only reason you think it looks better on the PS4 is because Sony told you it looks better.

This is for the console fanboys your ps4 and xbox is made from.very cheap pc parts both use a apu which is cpu gpu and ram in 1 chip 9/10 laptops use apu chips so your amazing console you think you have is actually a shitty custom laptop made with outdated hardware imagen i ps4 and xbox1 had to run windows in the background they would run at 5fps lool and your stuck with your outdate laptop or 10 years

tmespe

So the press are just quoting the Sony site.

Why don't they ask Ubisoft to confirm it?

Because they get more traffic this way. If it ends up being unconfirmed by Ubisoft they can update the article and get even more traffic. There are very few sites in the video games industry that care about journalistic integrity or quality.

frizby

Isn't telling people it's 1080p/60fps enough? Do they have to make themselves look complete jerks by bragging about it?

El. Oh. El. Seriously?

Highlighting your product's competitive advantage makes you look like a "complete jerk"??? Only in console wars do you see nonsense like this.

Can you imagine a Ford guy getting butthurt because a Chevy commercial brags "Best in class whatever" (provided it's true)? No, because in every other market, we expect companies to highlight their strengths...except for gaming, where we wouldn't want anybody to get butthurt. If I were in PS4 marketing, the words "Ten Eighty Pee" would be in just about every ad, because I think the power difference will play out as a serious competitive advantage for them. It also begs the question "What is it on Xbox?", which is a question Sony should want the consumer to be asking about every Xbox game.

That said, I'm highly skeptical that an open world game of this scale is 60 FPS on PS4, and I think it's an error.

Some Nobody

Because they get more traffic this way. If it ends up being unconfirmed by Ubisoft they can update the article and get even more traffic. There are very few sites in the video games industry that care about journalistic integrity or quality.

Posts like these make me sad.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
El. Oh. El. Seriously?

Highlighting your product's competitive advantage makes you look like a "complete jerk"??? Only in console wars do you see nonsense like this.

Can you imagine a Ford guy getting butthurt because a Chevy commercial brags "Best in class whatever" (provided it's true)? No, because in every other market, we expect companies to highlight their strengths...except for gaming, where we wouldn't want anybody to get butthurt. If I were in PS4 marketing, the words "Ten Eighty Pee" would be in just about every ad, because I think the power difference will play out as a serious competitive advantage for them. It also begs the question "What is it on Xbox?", which is a question Sony should want the consumer to be asking about every Xbox game.

That said, I'm highly skeptical that an open world game of this scale is 60 FPS on PS4, and I think it's an error.

What resolution and framerate is it running at on the XB1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom