• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion is a Ubisoft Game and you know what that means

I lost it at the dudes exchanging shots and then both get run over :pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

Oh man.

EDIT: INVISIBLE MAN SHADOWS. LOLOL

Last edited:

Twinsun

Neo Member
I guess I got lucky as I didn't get that many bugs, and no serious ones that I can recall. Pretty good immersive sim type game, if you can get past the generic feeling of the world and characters.

scalman

means that we will get at last some new games not delayed 6 times , running well and it will bring us lots fun, valhalla will follow that. nothing else on horizon ... so nothing to compare here

jaysius

Banned
I really can't stomach Ubisoft games. I believe there is a soul in there, but it is floating around, lost, never to be seen.

What pisses me off with them is that they always have a few good elements in them, but UBI knows it doesn’t need to make any effort to make its money, so it doesn’t.

means that we will get at last some new games not delayed 6 times , running well and it will bring us lots fun, valhalla will follow that. nothing else on horizon ... so nothing to compare here

If this was unintentional, then you’re a funny guy.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Surely people know by now what they're getting when they buy an ubi game? Generic nonsense wrapped up in a different skin... Best to avoid for a few years then come back and it all feels fresh

Thabass

Yeah, I have to say, usually I like the formula for Ubi games. This was just doesn't hook me at all. I'm pretty sad about that.

Also fuck London and they're roads. If this game is how it really is in London, I never want to go there.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Glad for some counter-balance. It's beautiful, but most Ubi games are. Don't buy a game you'll probably find utterly mediocre, just for a tech show, unless you're cool with that.

Last edited:
From the AI, animation and physics point of view, it's like there was no progress since the beginning of the gen at all.

1000% i'm still jumping back in saying to myself "it CAN"T be as bad as i think." and within 30 seconds, i'm like "yeah, this is pretty shit." it's incredibly. one of the LAST games of a generation, the time when the consoles are able to be pushed to their max to get top performance all around, and this is what we get! the game looks awful (playing on xbox one x). pop in, characters appearing out of nowhere. the facial animations look like johnny cab from total recall. it's a grainy mess. my fingers are crossed that it gets a little cleaned up on the series x, but damn i'm pissed i wasted cash on this.

Are Ubisoft games still full of shitty and childish dick/sex jokes?
The last single player Ubi-game I played was Far Cry 4 (I think).
I don't count South Park Fractured But Whole because it had good dick jokes.

cormack12

Gold Member
Im waiting for the extra oomph of the ps5 and a patch or two. I can forgive this game a little as its at least trying to do something interesting on a broad level with the npcs

I see its still the same old open world formula of 6 NPC's on screen at any given time.

I'll take all the weird glitches in the above video and ditch ray tracing and all other fancy features for an open world game where the NPC count is believable in City's and busy hubs in smaller districts.

Why the fuck can't Ubisoft developers develop a game with at least 50 people on screen at any given time in the busier parts of London in this game. THAT makes an open world so much more believable than fancy reflecting puddles of water going through a city center that looks like it is inhabited by 4 people.

I sure as hell hope Rockstar is working on technology to massively improve NPC count in the next GTA game.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Still enjoying it a lot so far. The Ubi jank and glitches are things I went into it expecting and most of the time it leads to funny moments. Co-op should be fun too.

notseqi

Looks like complete shit. I’ll likely pick it up some day for $5 like I did watch dogs 1 and 2.
Unwatch_Dogs

Edit: dang, just watched the vid... that's some major league jank. Loved the girl faking a wall-shimmy, then pouring coffee right on her head.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

It means a bland open world, very generic, very well known from past Ubi games.
I bet that facial animation is bad too.

MrS

Banned
That it should be avoided even more than somebody with 'rona? Only a fool would buy a Ubisoft game, especially a fuckin Watch Dogs game.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
This game is an utter shitstain. Just finished playing for 2 more hours. What a mess.
God it's so janky and pathetic.
Sekiro probably had 10 times less developers working on it and is a million times better game. Billion times.
Just shows you how talent beats all.
TRASH GAME.

notseqi

This game is an utter shitstain. Just finished playing for 2 more hours. What a mess.
God it's so janky and pathetic.
Sekiro probably had 10 times less developers working on it and is a million times better game. Billion times.
Just shows you how talent beats all.
TRASH GAME.
How is the dialogue? I watched a friend play the first one a few years ago and the humour was a cringé masterclass.

Carna

Banned
I prefer old ubisoft games, like Rayman 2, BG&E, POP:SoT, and the some Tom Clancy games.

The only modern ones that appeal to me is the Farcry series.

iorek21

I really hope these recent changes in command on Ubisoft revive their creative process.

Seriously, they really need it

Last edited:

Tschumi

Aaaahahaha parkour granny

Someone needs to splice that out and make a meme where we paste faces of people who think they're great then get informed of their averageness

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This game is a joke (and yeah, I played it). And to think this was suppose to release in February, imagine the state of the game at that moment.

It means it will be included with new PC tech releases. I got AC Origins with my Blue Yeti mic. You can get Watch Dogs with 30 series graphics cards. Now AMD is launching 5000 series CPUs with Far Cry 6.

Top Bottom