• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Water guns will be banned at the RNC — firearms won't be

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Ryo_

It read the thread title as

Water guns will be banned at the RNC — fireworks won't be

Thought it had something to do with a Fourth of July Event and though, well that kind of makes a bit of sense. Then I reread it and it's actually

Water guns will be banned at the RNC — firearms won't be

And now I've just received affirmation that RNC/GOP are bat-shit insane, and someone is going to get hurt.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ridiculous. This is only punishing the law-abiding citizens that want to carry water guns.

Slayven

Who is going to be there? everyday you hear about a life long GOP member saying "Nah" and staying home to netflix and chill

Undubbed

Well, I figure a water gun would be far more likely to be fired than a real gun and annoy the shit out of people.

I'm totally pro gun control, but I'm just sayin'.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, I figure a water gun would be far more likely to be fired than a real gun and annoy the shit out of people.

I'm totally pro gun control, but I'm just sayin'.
I don't think anyone is actually upset about water guns being banned in the area. It just looks ridiculous when actual guns are allowed.

Link

The Autumn Wind
No one is going to be waving around an actual gun and creating false alarm. This is not hard to understand.

Also 5 seconds on google

http://www.theqarena.com/arena-info/policies
That's a poor argument. It's the equivalent of banning foam bats but allowing real bats because "people won't be waving those around."

Even using the logic that people will "create false alarm," the pretend versions would do relatively minor damage and the only real tragedy would be someone with a real weapon reacting to it.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with your link.

Protestors are more likely to own, or purchase and bring a water gun to the RNC than an actual gun. I can definitely see protestors bringing water guns to annoy people. So, it sorta make sense. But yeah, I can definitely see a whacko protestor trying to harm someone or a loose cannon Trump supporter getting pissed off and using their gun.

I think the expected catastrophe is that Trump supporters themselves will likely be armed, and they'll react poorly if the convention doesn't do literally everything they ask for. If the platform doesn't mirror Trump's brazen speeches, they could shoot the place up.

This would be the same for any state with open carry laws. The GOP didn't pass the water gun restrictions, the city of Cleveland did. The city does not have the right to limit guns because state law allows them.

So are Republicans secretly witches?

That explains everything.
Everything.

Yeah somebody's gonna die at this thing

Kinda tells you something about these guys that if something were to happen, if many were to be....injured, that even after the 20 children and 6 adults blown away in Newtown and nothing was done in terms common sense gun laws, and if something were to happen at the convention, either the Repubs would pass some lip service laws, or double down and say guns don't kill people, people do.
Disgusting, immoral and obscene these people truly are, aren't they?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Embarrassment of riches.

I will never, ever understand the infatuation certain Americans have with guns.

barik

I can see the logic in this. I mean, if someone shoots someone with a water gun and it pissed them off, they might pull out their gun and start firing. Water guns are dangerous.

We just need more good guys with water guns, to stop the bad guys with water guns.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Well of course. Their guns are literally worth more to them than all your lives, combined.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I though the RNC didn't allow guns in the convention?

Did that change?
This is for the area around the arena, not inside of it. Ohio recently passed a law shrinking the disallowed circumference from 3.4 to 1.7 miles.

zeemumu

I kinda want to see someone get arrested for attempting to bring in an airsoft gun disguised as a real gun by removing the orange tip.

jstripes

Banned
Meanwhile, here is the Prime Minister of Canada being soaked by a water gun at the pride parade in Toronto today:

zHS9RFF.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
What's the point of restricting water-guns? Criminals won't abide by the restriction and it'll only end up hurting the responsible water-gun owners.

eso76

I guess you could load a water gun with acid though.
Breaking bad taught me acid doesn't burn through plastic.

Eumi

Honestly, I can see why. You wanna ban things like water guns at this stuff because you don't know what's in them.

However, banning guns would be odd considering how the right to bear arms is a huge part of the Republican platform.

It's just another symptom of the Republicans weird, weird politics.

Jerbs

This is going to turn into a very bad situation if gunfire erupts. Everyone draws their firearm, how are the police supposed to differentiate between who opened fire first, and who reacted?

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is going to turn into a very bad situation if gunfire erupts. Everyone draws their firearm, how are the police supposed to differentiate between who opened fire first, and who reacted?
I'm actually more concerned after the other shootings we've had. People get emboldened when they see others doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom