• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We can all agree Kass is the best new character in BotW right?

Eh he's a bird with an accordion who sings. Woopty doo.

The grand daughter of impa though. Now that is a character. Nothing will ever beat all of her "l-lewwwd" reactions

LotusHD

Banned
Eh he's a bird with an accordion who sings. Woopty doo.

The grand daughter of impa though. Now that is a character. Nothing will ever beat all of her "l-lewwwd" reactions

gmvPWxm.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He's included Riju so he must be counting Link's buddy/partner for each Divine Beast as one. So Riju, Sidon, Goron kid & Dad Bird.

Speaking of which, Kass is great and makes up for how lackluster the Rito Champion and partner were.

I don't really understand why people like Kass so much. I thought his quests were cool, but as a character he's not especially interesting.

As for best new characters... I don't know. I like Zelda in this game, since she's not totally one-note like the other characters, but I guess she doesn't count as a "new" character.

As for totally new characters, I think I like the villagers of Karariko, actually. The cuckoo man, the firefly girl, the guy involved in the heirloom sidequest and his two daughters... those were probably the most memorable characters for me.

I reloaded my save file before my introduction with Kilton becasue I thought this reaction was bad and would sour our relationship throughout the game lol

I DID THE SAME THING!

Also, we all know the best new character
4aa2f415e613cd5522023b97cd021e93.gif

You know how people always wanted a Sheik spinoff? I want an Urbosa one after this game

silva1991

Someone skipped Zora's domain in his playthrough

This is the best character in the game:

latest

The only good thing about Kass is his music.

Zalman

Kass is just the best. I loved just walking around the giant world casually and then suddenly hearing his song out of nowhere

Had to go find him asap

Mr Rivuz

Yes he is the best. He's not just some hero looking cool in a couple of cutscenes and then forever gone, he is part of the world and hearing his tune whenever you reach a new area is always a joy.
And he also looks cooler than anybody else when standing on the edge of a cliff casually playing his instrument during a lightning storm.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like Sidon and Kass the best, so yeah, maybe.

There wasn't really any new character I didn't like, though. I would have thought Revali's successor (the white Rito) was the coolest, but I can't even remember his name because of how little screentime he got. Great design/personality (from what we saw of it) though.

Eblo

Kass is good, but he's got nothing on Hudson. There's a hypnotic rhythm to every conversation Link has with him. It makes him an unforgettable character to players who treated themselves to his sidequest.

Maengun1

I'm partial to Revali as far as new characters go, though it did low-key bug me how much his design brings Falco to mind. I wish they gave him Teba's look but whatever I like snarky assholes

It's kind of frustrating that some of the characters' English names are almost the same as their Japanese ones but not quite, and others are just completely different. Makes this thread really confusing as someone who used BotW as Japanese practice :p

But, yeah, Urbosa for life.

Chauzu

Kass always made me so emotional in some way, either from happiness by hearing him play from far away or sadness from getting more pieces of his tragic backstory. Man, BotW has so many great new chars.

Glass

The ending to Kass's whole questline was maybe my favorite moment in the game

Yep. By that stage I had completed the main quest, finishing Kass's quest made me put the game down and just soak in the visuals and sound for a bit before saving and exiting.

Top Bottom