• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We can all agree Kass is the best new character in BotW right?

So much hate of some characters that others think they are great SMH lol
I think this Zelda has some of the bedt ensemble cast of all the franchise.
Love all the characters, sidon, mipha, urbosa, kass...

Special mention to the rito sisters and the two small girls from kakariko, with the big sister that wanted to make food for her smaller sister because her mother was not there anymore.
That story melted my heart.

Both Zelda and Mipha had awful voice acting tbh.

Man, im really glad we got amazing spanish voive acting for this game.

Hope NoE continues with this trend with this type of games. This or british voice acting.

I dont undertand how NoA is so capable of doing something like Kid Icarus Uprising or Smash, and then fail so hard with zelda or other m.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Correct answer is the banana obsessed Yiga, especially the travellers.

Also for the fact that Link is an outright arsehole to them.

Macchiato

BoTW Zelda is by and far the most relateable video game character for me in a LONG while. I wasn't too hot on her until a certain memory with her father and reading her diary, but I absolutely loved her in the end.

I also love Link and the cues we get about his personality through interaction wtih NPC's and whatnot. He can be so adorably sassy.

As far as non-main characters, I love literally everybody. There's so much freaking charm in this game and its characters, it's impossible to choose.

I hope the people saying Urbosa were not playing in english, cos her terribly poor and inappropriate choice of voice actress just completely puts me off her

Kudo

Purah, Riju, Mipha, Urbosa.. Just so many good characters it's hard to say Kass is best but I do like him a lot.

SimonM7

No swedish joke/pun yet? Kass in swedish means "bad/not good" :p

The character looks cool i think =)

I think the best swedish giggle I've had in recent memory is from Rogue One.

Mild spoilers for Rogue One!

Jyn Erso's father is named Galen Erso. Galen = crazy in swedish, to clarify for non-swedish speakers reading this.

At the beginning of the movie, Jyn Erso is using the alias Liana Hallik. But what if Hallik was Jyn's real last name and Erso was the alias?

That would make her father Galen Hallik.

*pause for laugh track from swedes*

Hallik = pimp. Crazy Pimp.

mclem

A (spoilery) question I asked in the OT but didn't see an answer to. Don't read unless you've completed all of Kass's sidequesty things:

When you meet up with Kass in Rito village and he reveals the reasons for his pilgrimage, he plays his theme... but then, unlike previous times, it segues into an accordion version of the main Zelda theme.

Does this have a specific name distinct from 'Kass's theme' on the soundtrack? I haven't been able to find it

Giga Man

Yep. He has a wonderful family, too.
When I did his daughters' quest, I watched and listened to them sing for minutes. Did the same when Kass finally came home.

Verder

That's not Sidon
Or riju
Or urbosa

Shit or even mipha

TBH the game had fantastic characters I wished were delved more into

cuate

Banned
Purah is adorable and kind of hilarious

tenor.gif

bda18bf7fb8cbe97837f84e550c2dd70.jpg

I'm already annoyed just by looking at her

I don't know why they bothered with the awful fake accents, none of the other voice actors seemed to

Kass was great, but no mate, I don't want to hear the song about the ancient hero again

I thought he was going to add to the song as I progressed, or maybe there would be different stories depending on where you were and the hero performing other feats. I was disappointed when that wasn't the case.

BoTW Zelda is by and far the most relateable video game character for me in a LONG while. I wasn't too hot on her until a certain memory with her father and reading her diary, but I absolutely loved her in the end.

I also love Link and the cues we get about his personality through interaction wtih NPC's and whatnot. He can be so adorably sassy.

As far as non-main characters, I love literally everybody. There's so much freaking charm in this game and its characters, it's impossible to choose.

Link in BOTW is a cheeky fucker. If someone does/says something dumb is when the game gives you a choice between clowning them, and clowning them harder

And I've been telling people this Zelda is the best one! I think people are too used to linear storytelling methods that they don't appreciate how the game tells Zelda's story through flashbacks and the diary entries. It's brilliant

Aim_Ed

Hell to the no! Dude keeps playing the same song pretending it's a different tune. ik his type, not very trustworthy.

I'd fight him if he were real even though he's a bird.

RedFury

Urbosa for me. Her confidence is infectious, plus she's a badass. I would take a Heavenly Sword type game about her in a heartbeat.

LotusHD

Banned
Link in BOTW is a cheeky fucker. If someone does/says something dumb is when the game gives you a choice between clowning them, and clowning them harder

And I've been telling people this Zelda is the best one! I think people are too used to linear storytelling methods that they don't appreciate how the game tells Zelda's story through flashbacks and the diary entries. It's brilliant

I got it, still wasn't really a fan, despite liking this iteration of Zelda.

Mesoian

That's a funny way to spell Urbosa.

But yeah, Kass is neat. I feel like he'd need to be voiced to get the most out of him though. A silent bard isn't something that really plays.

Urbosa, followed by Sidon.

I liked all the Champions, with the exception of Revali. Maybe I just didn't dig in very much, but it seemed like he was reeeeeeeeally one dimensional. The folks in his home town didn't talk much about him, and he didn't have as much dialogue as many of the others either.

"I'm cocky and I don't have what Link has so I don't like him".

UCBooties

The game has a ton of great NPCs with fun personalities and little side stories.

Kass is definitely my favorite because his puzzles were mostly fun and I thought the pay-off at the end and
his awesome kids
were great.

Urbosa was funny but I thought she was more interesting for how the rest of the Gerudo revered here than for anything she actually did in cut-scenes that featured her.

Sidon was awesome. I love how upbeat he is and how wholeheartedly behind you he is. I did hate the slog up to Zora's domain though.

The other Champions were kind of meh. I wanted to like Mipha but her whole "anime childhood friend" trope didn't really work for me. I have never cared about a single Goron character in the entire history of the franchise, and off the top of my head I couldn't even tell you the Rito Champion's name.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Kass never went home in my game. Youtubing his family reunion wasn't the same. I did everything but find all Korok seeds, too. All shrines, all shrine quests, all side quests. It's like he totally vanished from my game after a certain point. Wasn't at the Rito Stables, Rito Village, or his mushroom hut.

I'll update my game tonight and hit up the new DLC. Maybe it's something that was fixed in a patch since I last played.

Neiteio

Kass never went home in my game. Youtubing his family reunion wasn't the same. I did everything but find all Korok seeds, too. All shrines, all shrine quests, all side quests. It's like he totally vanished from my game after a certain point. Wasn't at the Rito Stables, Rito Village, or his mushroom hut.

I'll update my game tonight and hit up the new DLC. Maybe it's something that was fixed in a patch since I last played.
Did you do his treasure quest at Hateno Beach?

Mejilan

Did you do his treasure quest at Hateno Beach?

Yes. That was the first time I ever saw him in the game. And yeah, I bumped into Eventide Isle really early. Game's UI reports that I've completed all available quests of all kinds, save for whatever landed with last night's update.

Mejilan

I didn't realize he had an actual questline?
bummed i missed it, got spoilers?

I don't think his homecoming is formally part of an actual, listed quest. But from what I've read, completing all of the side and shrine quests he triggers throughout the game world's various provinces should lead to him returning to Rito Village, some nice exposition, and an updated version of his accordion song.

Pinky

Banned
I love Kass, but there are so many likeable and memorable characters in the game. I don't think I can pinpoint a specific favorite.

kunonabi

The game has a ton of great NPCs with fun personalities and little side stories.

Kass is definitely my favorite because his puzzles were mostly fun and I thought the pay-off at the end and
his awesome kids
were great.

Urbosa was funny but I thought she was more interesting for how the rest of the Gerudo revered here than for anything she actually did in cut-scenes that featured her.

Sidon was awesome. I love how upbeat he is and how wholeheartedly behind you he is. I did hate the slog up to Zora's domain though.

The other Champions were kind of meh. I wanted to like Mipha but her whole "anime childhood friend" trope didn't really work for me. I have never cared about a single Goron character in the entire history of the franchise, and off the top of my head I couldn't even tell you the Rito Champion's name.

My favorite bit of Urbosa was actually her older sister/motherly affection towards Zelda.

Lots of interesting material that could have been mined from that instead of being just more wasted potential.

Top Bottom