• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the No Job Zone: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

C89Mgf0XsAAFleK.jpg

This fucking idiot

Keri

I catch Fox News sometimes at the gym and I feel like you could describe basically every host as a "smug asshole" who isn't Shep Smith or Chris Wallace.

Would really be interested in a news outlet that reports on conservative viewpoints without so much asshole personality or individual spin.

I don't watch regularly, but from what I've seen so far, Tucker Carlson is pretty good. It might be that I'm comparing him to Bill O'Reilly, but he seems more polite than other hosts and I think he approaches conversations a little more fairly. I also think that he spoke intelligently about the legal challenges to the travel ban, even though I ultimately disagreed with some of his conclusions. I remember him inviting lawyers to speak about the challenges more in depth, instead of Bill O'Reilly's tactic of hand waving the challenges away with: "It's OBVIOUSLY constitutional and legal, this is just liberals being dumb."

I haven't watched him every night though, so...I can't sign off on everything he's said or done. I will unequivocally say he's better than Bill O'Reilly though.

shiba5

It sucks that he got fired for costing them money and not because he's a serial harasser/sexist pig, but I'll take it. I guess I can't expect anything more considering the thing we have occupying the White House.

Oddduck

I'm so happy to see this scumbag finally get what he deserves.

Would be hilarious if a female host replaces him.

There was a rumor that Fox News is interested in having Dana Perino replace him.

She's been hosting the O'Reilly Factor multiple times this week.

Dabanton

Lets be honest here the advertisers pulling out in droves gave them no choice or he'd still be there.

But still I'll be interested to see where he lands.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This is long overdue. I'm sure he's financially set for the rest of his life and will likely land on his feet after this, but it's satisfying to know that for a few brief moments, the world is a better place.

ICO_SotC

Good, now get rid of Hannity, the hosts of Fox & Friends, and Fox's cast of fraudulent "experts" and bigoted talking heads, and you may have some semblance of a legitimate news network.

Good, now get rid of Hannity, the hosts of Fox & Friends, and Fox's cast of fraudulent "experts" and bigoted talking heads, and you may have some semblance of a legitimate news network.

Nice of you to think that will ever happen. Fox News is the #1 cable news network by a country mile due to the exact reason that they swing conservative, and they will do their damndest to say that way.

ICO_SotC

Nice of you to think that will ever happen. Fox News is the #1 cable news network by a country mile due to the exact reason that they swing conservative, and they will do their damndest to say that way.

I know that, but a guy can dream can't he?

And who would have thought O'Reilly's show would come to an end during a Trump presidency? If anything, I thought him winning would have made O'Reilly almost untouchable.

I don't watch regularly, but from what I've seen so far, Tucker Carlson is pretty good. It might be that I'm comparing him to Bill O'Reilly, but he seems more polite than other hosts and I think he approaches conversations a little more fairly. I also think that he spoke intelligently about the legal challenges to the travel ban, even though I ultimately disagreed with some of his conclusions. I remember him inviting lawyers to speak about the challenges more in depth, instead of Bill O'Reilly's tactic of hand waving the challenges away with: "It's OBVIOUSLY constitutional and legal, this is just liberals being dumb."

I haven't watched him every night though, so...I can't sign off on everything he's said or done. I will unequivocally say he's better than Bill O'Reilly though.

I've not seen a second of Tucker Carlson's work outside of the wonderful and amazing time Jon Stewart called him a hack to his face. But, I can thoroughly endorse that piece of entertainment, at the very least.

alternade

Trump is losing people jobs already!!

LOL this is so Delicious, I can't wait to see what garbage they replace him with next

lots of Gaffers bout to sling shit at their old white conservative dads lmao.

Actually one of my best friends is a devout conservative who loves Bill, so this should be fun.

Problem he also loves Hannity and you're right, it's his time slot to lose. The only thing that may keep him from taking it is the fact that his radio show ends at 6, and 2 hours might not be enough turnaround time to get on TV.

I know that, but a guy can dream can't he?

And who would have thought O'Reilly's show would come to an end during a Trump presidency? If anything, I thought him winning would have made O'Reilly almost untouchable.

In the end it's all about money. Advertisers are held to different standards, and it was either drop him or lose money from all the lost advertisers.

Trump presidency isnt turning out to be all that bad. Papa Bear is out. Milo lost his book deal. Flynn under FBI investigation. Alex Jones saying its just an act.

NYR

Trump presidency isnt turning out to be all that bad. Papa Bear is out. Milo lost his book deal. Flynn under FBI investigation. Alex Jones saying its just an act.
...and Trump is still President putting through his policies with control of both houses. Let's stop pretending the house is on fire when it's only the roast in the oven that burned.

jmdajr

...and Trump is still President putting through his policies with control of both houses. Let's stop pretending the house is on fire when it's only the roast in the oven that burned.

What has Congress even done? Hell the it will be shut down soon. These guys can't pass a budget.

Yeah, and O'Reilly getting fired has nothing to do with the "Trump presidency" unless you're talking about the era we are in. Which still sucks because, well, Trump is president and all.

The best part of O'Reilly's ousting is that it's happening smack in the middle of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and right after fellow pussy-grabber The_Donald came to his defense a couple of weeks earlier. Laser-guided karma, much?

Protein

Banned

Forgot about Tammi Lahrain, or something.

Soros is going straight for the jugular by destroying the Fair and Balanced Independent media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom