• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think ND's new game will be?

Borowski_1

We know it's not Uncharted or TLOU

What will it be then?

Medieval game with melee combat?
New Jak?
Bloodborne remake?

angrod14

After watching the Grounded II doc, I'm almost certain it will be a souls-like, or at the very least a melee-centered action game.

I'm imagining a souls-like but with state of the art graphics and fully-fledged bombastic cinematics and set pieces, not the cryptic subdued style From does.

Last edited:
Info about the new ND IP:

"The code name of the project is "Stray's cross".

"Stray's Cross" will be a first-person action/adventure game, with steampunk elements.

And she will have two protagonists, a former scientist (talented student, fascinated by the science of space-time, discovers confidential documents that will lead her to discover a much greater hidden truth than she could imagine), and a wanted criminal (a former construction worker unjustly arrested for protecting a wanted friend during a shooting against the police).

The plot is about a secret conflict that lasted centuries and how this will lead to the inevitable ruin of human society.

And the story begins with the casual encounter of the two protagonists, in completely different circumstances, who will soon be forced to work together to get what they are looking for."

=======================================

I don't believe it much, especially since ND hates the first person but who knows if they surprise us.

Borowski_1

After watching the Grounded II doc, I'm almost certain it will be a souls-like, or at the very least a melee-centered action game.

I'm imagining a souls-like but with state of the art graphics and fully-fledged bombastic cinematics and set pieces, not the cryptic subdued style From does.
I didn't watch it

Did they say anything about that?

T-Cake

I was playing The Last of Us Part I yesterday and I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if they made a sci-fi game from the story in those comic books (Savage Starlight) that Ellie collects.

Krieger

Whatever it is, 50% of the gameplay will be climbing, because game devs for some reason think climbing is the funniest shit on the planet.

Topher

Gold Member
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

A story-driven cinematic third person action adventure with a 400 million dollar budget. It'll be 20 hours long, retail for 80 bucks, average 92 on Metacritic and sell 10 million copies in it first year. Some Sony studio will get hacked again, and leaked internal memos will reveal that they expected it to sell at least twice that.

Top Bottom