• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of Nintendo's current western line up?

This year for 3DS is drawing parallels with 2013DS, so I'm hype.

Wii U is meh, as usual. Not a single standout year since I got the thing at launch. We're still waiting for games announced in 2013. I'll get Star Fox and #FE but NX can't come soon enough.

fernoca

Quite great.
The only bad thinh about it is me getting nearly everything on there...and the amiibo.

Plus tge likes of Skylanders, Lego and Infinity.

I'm really happy with it.

On the 3DS side I'll be getting Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Rhythm Heaven and both Dragon Quests.
On Wii U I'll grab Star Fox, TMS#FE, and Zelda depending on what happens with it's platforms.

I'll be watching Paper Mario as well to see if it's any good.

Macleoid

I'm mostly. Looking forward to Zelda, but since the latest material Star Fox Zero is on my to get list. Not sure about paper mario yet.

Both aren't great for me but this gen really showed me the light that I might not be into Nintendo's output anymore.

I might get Kirby, and i will get the wii u atlus thing with the stupid ass name

outside of that, everything else ranges from hard pass to "get this shit out of my face"

Neoxon

The only games that really interest me this year (that aren't out in North America, yet) are...
  • Pokkén Tournament
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Pokémon Sun/Moon
  • Rhythm Heaven Megamix
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • The Legend of Zelda (Wii U/NX)
  • Mother 3 (rumored)
  • Pikmin 4 (if it's out this year)

muteki

I'm in for StarFox and #FE, then Zelda U whenever. Still have a bunch of WiiU backlog to get through so I'm good as far as games to play goes.

I have a 3DS but no time to play it. Might get Rhythm Heaven, otherwise not interested in anything else.

Edit: Forgot that new Kirby Robot game. Looks great.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
3DS
- Bravely Second: End Layer – 15th April NA.
- Fire Emblem: Fates – 20th May EU.
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force – Summer EU, Late Spring NA.

Wii U
- Paper Mario: Color Splash – 2016.
- Zelda U -- 2016

NX -- A dedicated video games platform.

Heavily Rumoured
- Zelda U (NX) – Not officially announced but heavily rumored. Rumored to launch with NX.
My interests.

DNAbro

3DS
- Hyrule Warriors Legends – 24th March EU. 25th March NA.
- Bravely Second: End Layer – 15th April NA.
- Kirby: Planet Robobot – 10th June.
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Holiday.
- Dragon Quest VII – 2016.
- Dragon Quest VIII – 2016.
- Rhythm Paradise Megamix – 2016.

Wii U
- Pokkén Tournament – March 18th.
- Star Fox Zero – April 22nd.
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE – 24th June.
- Zelda U -- 2016

^All the game I'm actually semi-interested in. Doesn't mean I'll get even half of them, but I'm interested. Also hoping for Mother 3.

NX can wait, don't want to jump in to a new console anytime soon.

Neoxon

I'm in for StarFox and #FE, then Zelda U whenever. Still have a bunch of WiiU backlog to get through so I'm good as far as games to play goes.

I have a 3DS but no time to play it. Might get Rhythm Heaven, otherwise not interested in anything else.

Edit: Forgot that new Kirby Robot game. Looks great.
giphy.gif

butalala

It's a dry year, but all I need is Mother 3 and Zelda U. Nintendo should have put out another round of MK8 DLC too. I've played a number of the big Wii U games and I think I'm down to less than 5 more single player games before the system dries up. Wow. I hope that they keep online going longer than they did for Wii.

I was already going to sell my Wii U since MK8 is the only game I've ever bought for it. Nintendo's games are outrageously overpriced and never go down, so whatever semi-interesting games there exists, I'll never dish out what they're asking for them. I can live without your Zelda's, there's so many other games I can play for a fraction of the cost.

Fire Emblem: Fates (EU)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

These are the only two for me. And even then, Fates should really be out sooner than May. And TMS is out in Europe the same day No Man's Sky drops in the UK (though they're all day one games for me anyway).

I'd insert Zelda in there for Wii U, but considering the rumour it's coming to NX as well, if it's true, I'd be better off waiting for the NX version. I'm also going under the assumption that, considering Miyamoto said when he dropped the bombshell it was in development and that it was almost done to Eurogamer, Pikmin 4 will be NX and will be a launch game or a close-to-launch-period game.

Really only super excited for Zelda, #FE and Mother 3 on Wii U.

I'll get most of the games listed on both platforms though.

Nothing super exciting for me personally on 3DS as I'm not a Fire Emblem and never fell in love with Rhythm Heaven in past entries. Honestly Federation Force is probably the most exciting for me on that due to my love of Sci-Fi.

It's a year of a new console launch so it's pretty barren.

I'm okay with it.

I'm North America based, so I've already picked up Final Fantasy Explorers, Fire Emblem Fates Conquest and Birthright, and grabbed Twilight Princess HD today. Grabbed the new Smash DLC for both my 3DS and WiiU in February as well. With two months cleared in 2016 already, I'd say that's decent support for my Nintendo platforms.

I'm looking forward to quite a few games in the upcoming OP list, too. I will likely be doing a day 1 purchase of Hyrule Warriors Legends and its season pass, Star Fox Zero, Tokyo Mirrage Sessions #FE, Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Rhythm Heaven Megamix, and Zelda WiiU. I'm very interested in Paper Mario and the new Kirby, just need a some more impressions to get me committed.

And, I sincerely hope the NX is a hit, and not just with me as a long-standing Nintendo fan. It'd be cool to see them kind of work back toward center stage in the console business, with a nice mixture of first party and third party software that goes on to become legendary, like a new SNES-style era. I've been kind of excited by the rumors and unconfirmed info so far, and can't wait to catch its debut. Just really, really hoping Nintendo hits a mark that everyone can appreciate.

There's a new generation Pokemon this year so it a good year for me!!!

Also getting Bravely Default: End Layer, hopefully it doesn't pull another groundhog day

Not a lot I play, probably enough to hold my attention on 3DS until the NX is out

WiiU is essentially dead but we sorta knew that, will continue to slowly crawl through Xenoblade X and rent Tokyo Shuffle Time probably.

GametimeUK

Weak. I personally think Nintemdo's line ups have sucked since the Gamecube. It's been a decade of disappointed for me now and I don't think there is any going back. It's a shame.

EhoaVash

wii u looks good with TPHD, star fox, pokken, zelda, smt x FE, and Paper mario..on par with other years for amount of good games released

3ds ....ehh beside pokemon Moon, not interested in the rest.

can't wait for NX though

Zelda, Fire Emblem Fates, Star Fox 0 and SMTIV: Final whenever Atlus USA finally decide to announce the localization (any day now...)

Aside from that...eh, PS4 will be getting most of my game time this year, that's for sure.

MikeyB

I stopped paying attention after the Wii. Well, Animal Crossing on 3DS, but close enough. It became too niche.

Revven

Honestly... unless Paper Mario Color Splash actually has a story with charming new characters and the combat is actually something you don't want to actively avoid my list looks like this:

Wii U

Pokken Tournament
Zelda Wii U
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (pending on if the mini-games are actually good and there are enough that would appeal to me and my friends on a fairly regular basis)

3DS

Kirby: Planet Robobot
Pokemon Sun and Moon (leaning on Moon, depends on what the exclusives/differences are)

So really, there's nooooot much for me this year at all. I'm not very big on RPGs so much of the 3DS lineup this year doesn't appeal to me. Frankly, it's largely disappointing unless they've got another 3DS game that would appeal to me to announce at E3.

Wii U, honestly, it's okay I don't really need anymore games for it. Pokken will carry me for awhile as will TPHD and I still play Smash on a fairly regular basis as well as I soon plan to start going back into Super Mario Maker once I'm done with Xenoblade (yes I'm still playing this, I got it in January). And there's no way I will buy a NX at launch unless there's some really, really good ass games this time around -- no way am I plunging in on faith alone like I did on the Wii U (though it WAS a Christmas present, nonetheless, it sat in my room collecting dust for nearly a year).

That's what I think of it.

For Wii U only Zelda interests me.

3DS had a lot of good stuff coming. Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Kirby, Monster Hunter and Pokemon.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
3DS has lots of stuff I'm into

I will get the Wii U out of the closet for #FE, then put it back until Zelda

I'm looking forward to and getting:
3DS
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – 18th March NA. 8th April EU.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends – 24th March EU. 25th March NA.
- Bravely Second: End Layer – 15th April NA. (Already out here)
- Yo-kai Watch – April 29th 2016 EU.
- Fire Emblem: Fates – 20th May EU.
- Kirby: Planet Robobot – 10th June.
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force – Summer EU, Late Spring NA.
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Holiday.
- Dragon Quest VII – 2016.
- Dragon Quest VIII – 2016.
- Rhythm Paradise Megamix – 2016.
- Flipnote Studio 3D – “In the future.” EU.

Wii U
- Pokkén Tournament – March 18th.
- Star Fox Zero – April 22nd.
- Star Fox Guard -- April 22nd.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – 24th June.
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE – 24th June.
- Zelda U -- 2016
- Project Giant Robot – TBD.

The bolded are the ones I'm very excited for, I'm getting the vast majority of the Wii U and 3DS lineup. There's certainly a lack of core titles but I love the spin off and experimental games. I don't know how #FE came to be what it is but I'm hyped, looks like a fantastic Persona-esque game. All of the bolded games are some of my most antisipated games of the year, only rivaled by a few PS4 titles. Zelda U tops everything.

Its a great lineup if you ask me, there could be a traditional Metroid game and a new F-Zero but I'm more than satisfied with these curve balls.

I need to see more of Paper Mario: Colour Splash to form a proper opinion but it looks gorgeous and I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, even if they're sticking to Sticker Stars foundation I think they can refine it to the point where its enjoyable. Federation Force also looks to have a lot of potential.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
It's decent. The 3DS is definitely the stronger line up. I still feel like Nintendo missed a huge opportunity remastering some great GC/Wii games as filler for the desolate Wii U line up.

How great would have F-Zero GX HD and Eternal Darkness HD have been?

Chastten

Banned
3DS - Awesome, If there was only one device I could play this year it would be this.

WiiU - Great if Star Fox and Paper Mario turn out good, Decent if not.

Nintendo is the only one of the 3 console manufacturers that is actually catering to my interests anymore, so it's a pretty great lineup for me. I thought Rhythm Heaven Fever and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate were the absolute best games on their respective platforms and the best in their respective genres even, so to say I am excited for the new installments is an understatement.

Hilarion

Between Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, and Bravely Second, that's basically all the new games I will purchase in 2016. Between those and older games on Wii U and 3DS I am set probably until 2018-2019 when I'll jump to NX (I've been heavily binging on Wii and DS games...I didn't have a Wii. Also VC games on Wii U). In general, I'm a firm believer that the best time to get games is 3-4 years after they release, so 2019 would be about the perfect time to get an NX and to get started on its launch catalogue.

EDIT: Also I will pick up Star Fox Zero on the general principle that anything Platinum makes is worth playing, period.

3DS is nothing compared to the DS lineup with all of those awesome adventure games we got back then. I miss that stuff so much.

Hilarion

And not because you are a Nintendo or Star Fox fan?

I'm not really a Star Fox fan. I loved Star Fox 64 but that was basically the only Star Fox game I ever got into (I didn't like the SNES one and I never played Assault).

I just want to shoot stuff in flashy scripted action sequences and feel like an incredible badass, OK? Both The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta (especially Bayonetta 2) had more than enough proof in them that Platinum could make a fantastic rail shooter.

I'm also pretty excited for the use of gyroscopic controls and the WiiU gamepad as a first-person cockpit view. That's the most exciting thing about the game to me: I love the gamepad and, when possible, will often play without even turning my TV on.

EDIT: Also, I recently played Minish Cap on the Wii U VC for the first time, which catapulted to the top of my list of favorite Zelda games. It was made by Capcom. One of my favorite things is when Nintendo allows outside companies to make games with its franchises and allow those fresh new takes. I'm sure Platinum is doing a stellar job here.

Top Bottom