• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think PlayStation 4's Final LTD will be?

What LTD do you think the PS4 will be at in the end?

• Total voters
With the PS4 starting to stabilize downward, and the new generation of consoles being announced this year, where do you predict the PS4s LTD will stop at?

Right now it's over 100 million sold. With a $100 price cut this holiday, if they do so, I can see some recovered sales after the new console announcements, but how high will it go?

Choose one of the options and tell us why you think that's the likely number the LTD will end at. Or what Sony can do to possibly increase sales to go even higher.

I think a lot of people will make the jump to the PS4 Pro, but not enough to get us close to or over 130 million. I think 120 million units sold would be really reasonable.

The PS4 has done amazingly well at capturing a market, I have no doubt it will continue to sell strongly until and even after the PS5 ships, assuming they overlap. While I chose to skip it this gen, I'd be wrong to dismiss it's strengths.

TLZ

Banned
I'll go with over 130m.

This year very possible to hit 110. Then if next year they sell 10, and the 2 years after 5 each, that's 130. Then they keep trickling a few million after that.

Grinchy

Banned
Well, it's safe to assume it's at 100M right now, and they sell about 18-20M per year, so 120M is basically unquestionable.

And it won't just completely stop selling after another year goes by, so 130+ is pretty reasonable. Even when PS5 comes out, the PS4 will continue to sell.

Zannegan

My first thought was, "Current sales plus 30% if it keeps selling after its successor launches like the PS3 and PS2 did." So 130-ish?

Seems a little high written out like that. When did they hit 100 million?

Foxbat

Banned
The only things that can potentially stop the PS4 from doing 130 million would be.

1. A world altering event such as an astroid strike.
2. Sony discontinuing the PS4 soon.
3. Market saturation.

Realistically speaking number 3 is the only thing that might prevent it from hitting much over 130 million. There's only so many people on earth that will buy a console.

Top Bottom