• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What foreign languages sound like to people who don't speak them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

As a native Spanish speaker, her Spanish sounds like Italian to me with an "A huevo cabrón" tacked on at the end. Also,
Me la cogería hasta por las orejas :p

She's good, though some languages sound much better than others. Her USA English sounds like Simlish. Which is I guess the point of Simlish, something that sounds like English but's actually gibberish.

ISOM

Wait she's from Finland? Do all people speak English in Finland that good? Fuck me her English was sublime. Like I wouldn't tell she wasn't a native speaker if I ever met her.

She sounded american tbh when she was just speaking in her regular voice.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is the dumbest thing I've seen all day, I don't even know. So many views too, amazing.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
eh, I dunno know. I think you'd end up with a lot of "ching chong ching chong" which is super offensive to a lot of people. It's funny when South Park does it because they do such a good job of getting the sound right, but I don't trust Hollywood to be able to pull it off. Also, it comes across as funny, and I don't think you could do it easily for a serious film.

An old Japanese roommate walked in on me watching that Pokemon episode. I figured they weren't really saying anything, but she translated some of it for me. Was an awkward moment.

Kaworu

As a native Spanish speaker, her Spanish sounds like Italian to me with an "A huevo cabrón" tacked on at the end. Also, Me la cogería hasta por las orejas :p

Her Spanish sounded Italian to me as well.

I would say that her Japanese is the worst one but she does a good job in general.

Josh7289

Her Japanese sounded more like Korean to me, but her impressions of European languages were really good. Since I'm a native English speaker I especially enjoyed her UK and US English impressions. They did sound like something I should be able to understand!

oxidax

First off, SHES HOT!
Second, Spanish is my first language and i don't know what the fuck she just said. Was that the point lol?
and finally, SHES SO HOT !

EDIT: Shes only 19? damn now i feel like a perv :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom