• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Orpheum

Currently Control due to ps+.

I'm shocked by how good this game is. Insanely fun puzzles, great visuals, interesting story and the combat is superb. The only gripe i have is the map/navigation, that shit is terrible.

This game blew right past me and i don't even know why. was their marketing budget kind of low?

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Credits are rolling in Days Gone. It's a good game through and through, but it is plagued by a couple of issues that makes it a home run. The pacing is pretty bad, the story drags on for too long and the characters are not that interesting to be spending 50 hours with.

But the world itself is beautiful, lots of amazing views, fun exploration with solid combat. Riding around the bike gave a sense of freedom. Lots of fun side content and the skirmishes with the undead hordes was both thrilling and challenging.

On PS5 it looks and sounds amazing. Runs flawlessly at 60 fps too. The weather effects are some of the best I've seen. The game is certainly a looker and it does so much for the overall atmosphere. Had to stop the bike several times just to watch the beautiful environments.

Ultimately Days Gone falls short and the theme of the game is too similar to the Last of Us, which I enjoyed more. It feels somewhat redundant in Sonys first party lineup. I'm glad I gave the game a go, will probably grab the platinum too, but I will most likely not come back for a sequel.

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.
Playing it while waiting on Rise. It’s pretty comfy.

Atelier Ryza 2. Enjoying it way better than the first game, which I shelved after a few hours.

that’s it right now.

Last edited:

Indyblue

As usual, I’m playing all sorts of games: spiritfarer mostly, also immortals, little nightmares, age of calamity, 3D all-stars, and a little daily BOTW and animal crossing with my daughter.

Oh and I also just replaced the broken rubber bands on my labo vr blaster (just got old I guess) and then order the two expansion kits for it cause I remembered how fun it is.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Got my first PS5 Plat in Astro's Playroom.

What a brilliant fun game. So many references to classic games and consoles/accessories. The speed runs were super addictive as well.

Woffls

Really into Dyson Sphere Program at the moment. Had to adjust to using hotkeys for menus and it still feels a bit clunky having to manage all the menu windows when I just want them all closed so I can build stuff.

Also, I seem to be unlocking tech way before I actually use it, but that's probably because I just handcraft stuff in the replicator and do something else where I'm waiting, whereas something like Satisfactory makes you hold down a key and is much slower.

There's some quality of life features that are really helpful, like being able to copy a building and its recipe, placing larger foundations, stackable storage without more conveyors... yeah this game is pretty great so far.

kyussman

I finally got through Skyrim and the dlc's.....meh,lol.
I enjoyed my play style in the game...sneaky,alteration/illusion magics....but apart from that,the quests were unmemorable(including the main one),the world was lacking compared to more recent open worlds and overall it felt like nothing really mattered in the game.....a huge game in terms of content but very shallow overall.

IKSTUGA

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Never played KOTOR before, but so far it's been amazing. You can definitely tell it's made by the Mass Effect people, writing and structure feel really similar. I still have a couple of planets left, but I'm already thinking about my next playthrough. Really want to see the what the dark side is all about.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Control is ridiculously good so far. It feels like an episode straight from Twilight Zone. It's strange and macabre, with a good sense of mystery tied to the plot. Absolutely love it.

The combat is equally good. Throwing around things with your telekinetic abilities is very satisfying and so is the gun play. The destruction and physics is very impressive stuff. The only thing I don't like, is the weird effects that occur when you're killing an enemy. It makes ut hard to see what is going on, and since the shootouts can be frenetic it's kinda annoying.

Remedy seems to have a home run here. Albeit I'm early in the game but I don't see how this game is going to underdeliver given how fucking good it is at the moment.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So the way I usually game is set a series of 5 games at a time I want to play and then once I clear those 5 I decide a new next 5. I just cleared my 5th today and I'm kind of stuck in one of those moods where I have no idea what to play next. I play games completely based on mood these days, this works best for me as I've gotten older. I just don't have the patience to play a game I'm not in the mood for. For example, I originally planned on Hades being my next game, but I just am not going through a rougelike game right now. I hate them barring rare circumstances or moods.

Maybe I'll post a list of the games I'm considering and what I'm in the mood for and take recommendations here.

anothertech

Credits are rolling in Days Gone. It's a good game through and through, but it is plagued by a couple of issues that makes it a home run. The pacing is pretty bad, the story drags on for too long and the characters are not that interesting to be spending 50 hours with.

But the world itself is beautiful, lots of amazing views, fun exploration with solid combat. Riding around the bike gave a sense of freedom. Lots of fun side content and the skirmishes with the undead hordes was both thrilling and challenging.

On PS5 it looks and sounds amazing. Runs flawlessly at 60 fps too. The weather effects are some of the best I've seen. The game is certainly a looker and it does so much for the overall atmosphere. Had to stop the bike several times just to watch the beautiful environments.

Ultimately Days Gone falls short and the theme of the game is too similar to the Last of Us, which I enjoyed more. It feels somewhat redundant in Sonys first party lineup. I'm glad I gave the game a go, will probably grab the platinum too, but I will most likely not come back for a sequel.
I'm in the middle of the game on ps5 as well.

Tbh, I can't get enough. It's like playing Joel or Nathan Drake as a retired biker in open world zombieland.

Only gripe I have is I wish there was a little character customization so I could put a bandana on instead of that backwards cap lol.

DinoD

TLOU2. Not liking it as much as TLOU. Graphics and combat are amazing, but so far the story is pretty weak/bleak. The 1st part was about the journey and hope of retaining the humanity , and this seems just about trying to kill someone. I don't know. I am at the part where you need to reach the hospital (after Hillcrest chapter).

Last edited:

Rippa

Just finished Control from PS+ on my PS5.

Let me just say I'm glad thats over and deleted. I'm glad I didn't give those scumbags (505) my hard earned monies because I surely didn't get what all the hype was about this game.

I guess I really don't get FOMO.

Case and point: My next game will be my $2.99 version of Division 2 when it gets updated on PS5. Until then, its MP of Modern Warfare (2019)

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Doing some late night races on GTA Online. I'm losing.

tenor.gif

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Bowsers fury... yet again Nintendo shows me why I love gaming. If it wasn’t for Nintendo I would have probably gave up gaming a long time ago.

stn

I beat Mafia: Definitive Edition (XBO) last night, it was pretty decent. Would rate it a 7/10. Think I'm going to resume Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) and also start the Vanquish/Bayonetta Pack (PS4). I may also beat Pokemon Shield (Switch) since I'm on the last gym.

Naked Lunch

Sega Rally Championship [Sega Saturn] - Just racing perfection. Every turn, downshift, brake tap, requires skill and mastery to finish first. Each track is legendary - and videogame soundtracks gets no better than this. Sega in their absolute blue skies prime. I am currrently obsessed with this game. I am playing the original US version but from what I understand the Japanese Plus version has many improvements. Im looking into getting that. I am shocked this game got no current re-releases ala the Xbox360 Daytona port. We are about due ide say...

Mario 64 [N64] - using the O2 recompiled version which cleans up the framerate on original N64 hardware using the everdrive 64. I completed my first ever 120 stars run. I never gave Mario 64 its due back during release in the 90s - I always loved it but I played way too much Goldeneye back then to fully appreciate Mario 64. I dont even rememeber ever playing some of these later levels. Getting 100 coins on the clock stage was crazy nerve wracking difficult.

Halo MCC [XB1X] - Mainly playing Halo 3 team slayer matches. My BR skills are still improving some 13 years since release. The new MCC season added new armor to Halo 3 (!) - first new armor added in over 10 years to that game. An upcoming update is adding some maps to Halo 3 from the Halo Online PC exclusive. Halo 3 is still the best arena multiplayer FPS of all time in my eyes.

Street Fighter Zero 3 [Sega Saturn] - I never realized how good the Saturn version of this game was. This version destroys the PS1 AND Dreamcast versions. All of the arcade animations - and far more characters than the Arcade original. I am fully appreciating every pixel of this game. Playing 2D games on the Saturn thru the ossc using scart cables is a sight to behold.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still playing Metro: Exodus, a game that keeps getting better the more I play it.

Also about to start Dragon Quest VI on the DS. Really loved IV and V back in the day, but I guess I was a little bit burn out when this one came out. Excited to start playing it.

Went on a wintery walk today and remembered, that I started Rise of the Tomb Raider some time ago and fired it up again.

The gameplay really isn't that memorable, but the vistas are nice and it runs almost dipless 60fps in 1440p with (I think) everything maxed out on my 980ti. Pretty impressive.

RAIDEN1

Coming to the closing stages of Deliver Us the Moon..good game, apart from the technical issues on base xbox-1, marks a welcome change from the usual ended up liking it more than I thought I would....and it was only because I am currently on the trial of GamePass..

bender

What time is it?
Finally finished Age of Calamity and Hitman 1-3. I'm either going to give New Vegas a whirl or Miles Morales.

Anyways, finally started playing Yakuza 0 after shitting on the series a few times. Only about 6 hours in but the story is great and I love the RPG/money elements. I know that "Gamepass is the greatest thing every to happen to gaming" thread is kinda cringe but I would have never bought the game or thought about playing it without gamepass, so yeah it's kinda cool.

More retail WoW. A little Destiny 2 on XSX, P5 on PS5. Waiting for the new Monster Hunter on the Switch, but I'll probably get back into Animal Crossing sometime soon.

dorkimoe

Doing all the extra side mission in cyberpunk, but have to restart the game quite often to fix game breaking glitches. Had 2 bugs for main story play through, now it’s constant.

need to finish getting 50 in godfall too

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m trying to learn how to play KOF. I’ve owned these games for years. 94-99, XI, XII, and XIII. Sounds silly but I don’t have the mechanics down. Which is why I’ve mainly been a Terry, Iori, Kyo, and King player. I own 2002 on XBO and PC. I realize the newer KOF have better tutorials, but the core spirit of the fighter is in 98 or 2002. I bought 2002 on PS4, which just came out on the 8th of February. I would like to learn the basics to having my matches flow better. I feel like I’m a rock stuck in the mud.

Playing Vagrant Story again. I really like chaining the abilities. The combat mechanics are a lot of fun. The game flows really well. The plot about the cult and the Duke is also good. I’m taking my time with this playthrough. There’s a bunch of good guides out there from early 00’s with a lot of useful info. I had this one when it first came out.

I am working my way though the DLC and NG+ in NiOh 2. I’ve also started Tales of Vesperia on the Switch. I’m taking my time just grinding with this one. I had it back on 360, so I’m gradually grinding whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:

TonyK

Persona 5 Royal, but I don't know yet if I really like it or I feel I must like it because all the praise it has received. I'm 20 hours in it.

GeekyDad

Late into Chapter III of Tactics Ogre. Got my blind sword master, but damn, forgot how brutal the game could be with knocking levels down. My team was around level 18, and they knocked the sword master down to level 3. Had to spend some time catching him up, which was a little tedious. Got him where he can kinda hold his own now (level 14), so I'm back into story battles.

Top Bottom