• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

stn

Ended up playing Diablo 3: UE (XBO) with my buddy. His character is completely OP so he helped me grind all classes to level 70 to get the achievement. Took about 2-3 hours in total lol. Going to keep playing that until I max out all the achievements.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Is World of Light good? I only play 1vs1 online on Smash, with all items off. It’s the opposite of relaxing lmao :messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy: Class game though.
I only completed it because I had one goal in mind lol. I wanted to be able to play different songs instead of hearing the new Lifelight song playing while I was in the menu all the time. Lifelite is way too over the top for me, so I set out to complete World of Light on easy mode and just rush through it. I don’t think it’s all that great, but if you were to have just gotten the game, and were told by a friend to play World of Light to unlock all the characters it could be a decent bit of fun. It’s just an extremely cheap overworld, is the main issue. The concept battles that you fight (hundreds and hundreds of battles) to gain spirits, level them up, find treasure that results in music, items to enhance spirits, other little goods. It all could have been a lot better

Adventure Mode in Melee or was it just called Classic (?) was significantly more fun to play through than World of Light. I loved the battles, the bonus rounds were exciting and very fun, especially going through them and you see a new trophy (Melee’s trophies >>>>>>>>> SSBU’s spirits) and the mode was just a better presentation all around. World of Light is just a slight nod to the history of all these characters and their greatness. I think it’s cool because there’s so much content and it’s a nice little Adventure mode to go through if you want to kill some time, it’s 100% something that is better played with the intent to chip away at IMO and have fun with. I grinded through it. It’s a bit tacky to me, but it isn’t bad. It’s definitely worth trying out and I’m glad it’s there; the game is better with it but WoL isn’t anything spectacular or great at any point during I would say. Kind of just a massive filler shoehorned into the game for the fans to have something to do

The game is still 10/10 despite how I see World of Light, I’m just grading it harshly because it could have been worlds better that what was given

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I only completed it because I had one goal in mind lol. I wanted to be able to play different songs instead of hearing the new Lifelight song playing while I was in the menu all the time. Lifelite is way too over the top for me, so I set out to complete World of Light on easy mode and just rush through it. I don’t think it’s all that great, but if you were to have just gotten the game, and were told by a friend to play World of Light to unlock all the characters it could be a decent bit of fun. It’s just an extremely cheap overworld, is the main issue. The concept battles that you fight (hundreds and hundreds of battles) to gain spirits, level them up, find treasure that results in music, items to enhance spirits, other little goods. It all could have been a lot better

Adventure Mode in Melee or was it just called Classic (?) was significantly more fun to play through than World of Light. I loved the battles, the bonus rounds were exciting and very fun, especially going through them and you see a new trophy (Melee’s trophies >>>>>>>>> SSBU’s spirits) and the mode was just a better presentation all around. World of Light is just a slight nod to the history of all these characters and their greatness. I think it’s cool because there’s so much content and it’s a nice little Adventure mode to go through if you want to kill some time, it’s 100% something that is better played with the intent to chip away at IMO and have fun with. I grinded through it. It’s a bit tacky to me, but it isn’t bad. It’s definitely worth trying out and I’m glad it’s there; the game is better with it but WoL isn’t anything spectacular or great at any point during I would say. Kind of just a massive filler shoehorned into the game for the fans to have something to do

The game is still 10/10 despite how I see World of Light, I’m just grading it harshly because it could have been worlds better that what was given
Thanks for the detailed response mate, what you are describing reminds me of the feelings I had towards the subspace emissary.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Thanks for the detailed response mate, what you are describing reminds me of the feelings I had towards the subspace emissary.
Brawl was pretty sorry IMO. I eventually sold that game I think lol. And I loved the original and Melee...

Once World of Light is completed, it’s something you’ll never play a second time. There’s no point. Unless you enjoyed the battles that much. I don’t see how navigating through the cheap areas of the overworld a second time is any fun once you’ve done it all. The game is clearly directed towards the multiplayer and the fighting experience. WoL is just an extra added in that can be fun at times. The main boss fights are stupid as fuck too tbh, the ones at the very end. Overall premise of SSBU’s story mode is a complete letdown. Consider it a cheap addition to the game and you wont get your hopes up and might get some enjoyment out of it. Those are my takes on WoL

Filldo

Hi Gaf,
First post on this new account. I was a user a decade ago and changed jobs, lost my login and was like, guess I'll be a lurker again!

I'm slightly ashamed to say I've been playing GTA Online after a two year break. The new heist is awesome cause I can play it solo. And I figured out an easy way to stealth the whole thing so I'm raking in tons of money and buying all the cool shit. Other than that I finished Cyberpunk 2 weeks ago, great game overall. Yeah its buggy as fuck but I enjoyed my time with it and plan to play again on PS5 if I can ever get one...

Started AC Valhalla this week and Fallout 76 cause I found it on sale for $15. Seems ok so far. I miss fallout so its scratching that itch. AC, not sure about yet. Gorgeous but I might just leave it till PS5 for extra gorgeous.

Moogle11

Banned
Finished up Night in the Woods earlier today. Really enjoyed it. Will likely do another play through at some point to see the other hangouts. I stuck with Bea this time, would hang with Greg the next play through. Probably not for a bit though as I’ve got too much else I want to play.

Game Cyber Shadow a go since I liked Shovel Knight (I know Yacht Games just published this, rather than making it). Not my cup of tea, as expected since I never liked the Ninja Gaiden games. Wanted to give it a quick look on Gamepass to decide for myself though.

Also decided to drop Outer Wilds. Also jus not my cup of tea. Really appreciate what they did and see why people love it, just don’t dig games that are about exploring and piecing things together and solving puzzles.

Decided to try and get into Genshin Impact. Played a tad on PC a while back, but fell off it as I just don’t use my gaming PC much anymore and the controller support was a bit Janky. Started that up on PS5 earlier (largely to use it as I’ve not for a while) and digging it so far. Will play some more tonight.

Plan to start up The Medium on Gamepass tomorrow and see how that goes. Also still working on Luigi’s Mansion 3 (up to floor 13 now) and need to finish that up, and still playing some Forza Horizon 4 on the side. Beyond that my next games will probably be Spiritfarer, Doom Eternal, Ori 2 and Kena in some order depending on what I’m in the mood for.

skneogaf

Bloodborne

Finished dark souls 1 remastered, dark souls 2 and 3 plus all dlc so bloodborne now then sekiro then nioh 1 and 2 all on pc apart from bloodborne.

Oh and all 4k@60fps apart from bloodborne which is definitely in need of patch or remaster.

I'm playing No man's sky. I was really afraid when i bought it 'couse, even though i know that now it's a complete game and everything that they promised, i wasn't very sure if i would like it? I don't know. Procedural worlds it not something i'm found of and i don't have a lot of imagination when it comes to building my own story.

Jesus Christ, this game is hard drug! I'm glad i gave it chance. Very nice drug, so good. When i was at around 120h playtime i though to myself: maybe i'm going to get bored suddendly and abandon this thing? But nope.

Sure i'm going to get bored of it sooner of later, but holy shit.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I keep forgetting I have to play this game. I started it on my X360 way back and was having fun but the Xbone released and I played some "next gen" games and forgot about it. I grabbed it on PC a few months ago, installed it, and forgot I'd done so. This game must be cursed.
Don't put it off for too long! It's a great game deserving of your time. I was the same way as you for the longest time, it always seemed to be the game I'd pass over to play newer games. I regret that. The storyline is great, the characters and combat is fun. You will have a blast with it. It's way better on the Definitive Edition, too.

Nico_D

Bastion and Shadow Tactics. Bastion is pretty good waste of time, nothing memorable but good.

I'm playing Shadow Tactics slowly, taking breaks between missions when they are getting more complex and longer. It is great if slightly exhausting too.

Thinking about getting Stardew Valley.

Alpha Male

My normal rotation on Xbox of Battlefield, Halo and a bit of Destiny Crucible plus Forza Horizon never changes...along with a strategy game worked in like Halo Wars, XCOM, Planetfall or Stellaris

Just finished Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS5 and Gears Tactics on Series X

Started Demon's Souls and Days Gone and will be playing Control Ultimate and The Medium soon

Oh ya, just got an Oculus Quest 2 but have only had time to play around with it for a bit and try some demos but its AWESOME! There are MANY games I want but will I have to improve my VR legs first before I jump into Vader Immortal, Walking Dead, Journey of the Gods, etc... So I am starting out with Moss, Superhot, Beat Saber, The Room and Sports Quest

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
My normal rotation on Xbox of Battlefield, Halo and a bit of Destiny Crucible plus Forza Horizon never changes...along with a strategy game worked in like Halo Wars, XCOM, Planetfall or Stellaris

Just finished Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS5 and Gears Tactics on Series X

Started Demon's Souls and Days Gone and will be playing Control Ultimate and The Medium soon

Oh ya, just got an Oculus Quest 2 but have only had time to play around with it for a bit and try some demos but its AWESOME! There are MANY games I want but will I have to improve my VR legs first before I jump into Vader Immortal, Walking Dead, Journey of the Gods, etc... So I am starting out with Moss, Superhot, Beat Saber, The Room and Sports Quest
How long did Valhalla take you to reach completion? That game seems massive.

kyussman

I'm still making my way through Skyrim,after a bit of a rocky start I'm enjoying it a lot more.Early on things felt a bit aimless but once I levelled up my chosen attributes the game became much more fun.I thought the magic in the game would involve throwing fireballs etc.....I had no idea of all the cool stuff you can do.I specialized in alteration/illusion while creeping around with a dagger and I'm able to turn enemies on each other,paralyze them and now turn totally invisible.I can creep up to a fort,hit one of the enemies on the wall with a frenzy spell and watch chaos unfold,lol.
Saying all that the game still feels lacking when compared to where The Witcher III has taken fantasy rpg's....granted it came out before.Bethesda will really need to up their game with the next Elder Scrolls that's for sure....yea,it's cool that you can pick up and put down so many items but that doesn't make up for a pretty poor main story,shitty combat and way too many fetch quests.

gamer82

Between 2 games at the minute I'm not on it every day though so taking my time .

Resident evil 3 and i just started Resident evil 7 gold edition..

For some reason have to run resident evil 7 in 1080p mode or else the graphics are messed up on Ps5.

There was an update yesterday but what it did i have no idea .

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Got some things finished up over the weekend.

The Medium--really liked it and shared my thoughts a few times in the OT so won't share them here. Clicked with me as a fan of walking sim/adventure games.

Bugsnax--not sure why I felt compelled to finish a free game I wasn't liking that much, but I did. It's quirky and I liked the characters, but was obtuse at times on how to catch certain Bugsnax, the map sucked etc.

Luigi's Mansion 3-finished that earlier and bumped the OT to share my thoughts. Solid 8.5/10 game for me. Would rate higher if I was more of a fan of puzzles and bosses in games. Charming as hell.

Now I'm in decide what to play next mode. Think I'm going to fire up Monster Hunter World for the first time in ages and mess around and see if I may want to get back into that since I never got the Iceborne DLC and I saw that's on sale. Mostly would like to find something to play on PS5 so it's not just gathering dust.

XSX I plan on giving Ori 2 another go. I tried on PC a while back and fell off it early on, but figure it's worth checking out the 4K120fps mode on my new TV and XSX. After that, or if I drop it, I'm trying to decide between Spiritfarer, Gears Tactics and Doom Eternal. Will give all a go, just a matter of which I'm in the mood to try first. Switch I may buy Paper Mario Origami King at some point as my next game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Started Metro Exodus, havent played a lot but liking it so far.

Also I think I'm almost at the end of Super Robot Taisen OG Saga EF Exceed. Pretty cool JRPG, great music and combat system, and LOTS of characters which sometimes lead to some fun dialogue. It sometimes drags tho, and the story itself is average, but overall a great game.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm playing Cyber Shadow and I'm at the final boss and I got him down to 1 hit left to beat him and died. My old gaming self would have been obsessed with going back and defeating him, but I'm satisfied, it's all the same to me, I consider the game beaten, even though I won't have the trophy for it. I don't have the patience to go through it again, that game cramps the hell out of my hands and they get sweaty as hell playing it.

Really fun and challenging game, I had a great time with it. Checkpoints got frustrating toward the end, but I was never bored. Wish there was an option to backtrack and get missing health upgrades, but I don't believe there is.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Small update to above post. Played the Monster Hunter Rise demo, then played around in Monster Hunter World a while trying to remember how to play since I hadn’t touched the game since Spring 2018. Enjoyed it again so took the plunge on buying the Iceborne DLC. Game looks and runs nice on PS5, haven’t really dug into the DLC yet. Died at the first boss last night and stopped their as it was late.

Tonight I started Ori and the Will of the Wisps on XSX via Gamepass and am having a blast with that so far. Wasn’t feeling it when I tried it out on Gamepass on PC last year, just wasn’t in the mood for a Metroidvania. Played 90 minutes or so and did a lot of exploring in the first area (Inkwater whatever) and got some power ups, a couple life upgrades etc. Game looks amazing in 4K120fps (bumped the sharpness in game settings all the way up as it looked a smidge blurry compared to the 6k supersampled 60fps mode and that balanced it out).

kunonabi

Finally got RE: Outbreak running online again. Only managed one online game so far since people are are mostly doing private rooms and there doesnt seem to be that many people playing anyway. Maybe the weekends will busier.

Also playing The 25th Ward as well.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
With only two more games in my backlog (Dark Souls 3 and Alien Isolation) I rolled the dice and booted the latter past weekend.

Liking it so far, although I'm a bit puzzled because of it being impossible to know if you're in the shadows or not and when one of the androids is able to see you and when not. No problems with the Alien AI so far. Only got me from a few air ducts because I wasn't paying attention.

Phase

The Division grind has taken hold of me. After 50hrs I'm still enjoying it immensely.

Last year I completed the 52 game challenge and last month I beat 10 games but I'm much more used to playing one game for a long time if I like it. Enjoying and getting deep into one game is more my style.

McCarth

Middle-Earth: Shadows of War - Got about 5 or so hours in and just not feeling it at all. The story is very weak, the introduction is horrid for those who didn't play the first game, and the combat is a little too loose and repetitive for my tastes right now. It was a PS Plus game, so I'll likely be dumping it in the abandoned pit.

CTR: Nitro Fueled - I like this, but frankly it's way too damn hard on Normal and I'm just too old/busy to improve my skills necessary enough to get out of the first world. Playing on easy which unfortunately is too dramatically different from Normal the other way (no real challenge or curve, as expected I guess). Got it on sale, but wish I never bothered.

Vanquish - Very, very fun shooter that is showing it's age a bit, but I can't fault it for that as I never got around to playing it. Story is just dreadful though, and it needn't be, and it's rife with all the cliches you see in a Japanese developed narrative (which frankly is getting tiresome). Still really enjoying it and will finish soon.

stn

Yakuza: Like A Dragon (PS4) - On the last mission! Going to grind a bit and then tackle the "point of no return". Hoping to beat this tonight or tomorrow. Its been great but after 45 hours I'm ready to beat it it and move on the next game.

Call of Duty, Nba 2k21 and Fortnite. I’m getting up there in age so I wish my gaming taste was a little more varied and age appropriate but I like what I like. 🤣

Rippa

About to start Control for the first time on PS5.

Free on plus (because fuck 505/Remedy)
Next-gen update.

Double whammy!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished Dragon’s Crown Pro.

The game was like “congrats on killing the ancient dragon but there are two more and that was the weakest of the three. Git gud!”
Probably the most gorgeous 2d game I’ve ever played.

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

Since I got a new PC few months ago, I am finally playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 and just started Persona 5 (1440p60fps, because 1080p was giving me artifacts). Enjoying both games a lot.

Bought Kingdoms of Amalie: Re-Reckoning, holy shit I forgot how much I loved this game before I bounced back in the day. I think something came out, and I sent KOA back into Gamefly.

SweetShark

Finished "OMORI" today. It was a wild ride.
Sadly the best play to play the game is entirely 'blind' and have its full enjoyment, so I can't say much for it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just bought Ghost of Tsushima on sale and I’m planning to get started on it this weekend. Looking forward to the 60fps on my ps5.

Last edited:

lachesis

Ys 9 came in today! But I'm in the middle of playing Persona 5 Royal... currently 76 hrs in, little over halfway - doing Okumura palace at the moment.
I think it will take me additional 70 hours to finish the game. Still quite good though... and enjoying subtle differences everywhere, and looking forward to the new confidants story line.

GeekyDad

Still going strong with Tactics Ogre (PSP). Chapter III, 25 hours in. Oh, Catuia...love her, but she's so in her own movie, never quite considering all the poor fuckers dying around her.

Top Bottom