• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game(s) are you most looking forward to next month? June 2017 Edition

Previous threads:

January 2017
February 2017
March 2017
April 2017
May 2017

Summer is arriving!!!

June feels retro. You have a remake (I consider it that more than a remaster) of the original Crash games, a collection of Wipeout games, old-school arcade gameplay of Nex Machina... all we need is Sonic Mania announced for June to complete everything!

It looks like a cool group of pick-up-and-play games releasing next month after plenty of longer AA and AAA games like Horizon, Zelda, Persona, Nioh, Gravity Rush, and NieR. I feel I could play/replay other games from earlier this year while picking up several games this month.

I have Wipeout and Crash preordered, and I'm very interested in Nex Machina since I love Housemarque. I played the hell out of Resogun and Alienation, and this looks like more co-op goodness from a very talented developer. Wipeout will be my entry into Wipeout since it's not too expensive, and if it's not for me, I got the steelbook edition which may be worth a little extra down the line. Either way, if it's good, then hopefully I've supported future Wipeout games.

2nd

oUTTcPL.png

Tekken 7 (PS4, XBO, PC)

6th

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku (PS4, PC, Vita)
Dark Rose Valkryie (PS4)
Dirt 4 (PS4, XBO, PC)
Farming Simulator 18 (3DS, Vita)
Superbeat: Xonic (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind (PS4, XBO, PC)
Wipeout Omega Collection (PS4)

7th

Superbeat: Xonic (XBO)

13th

Cars 3: Driven to Win (PS4, XBO, NS, WiiU, PS3, 360)

16th

Arms (NS)

19th

Darkest Dungeon -- The Crimson Court (PS4, PC)

20th

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PS4, PC)
God Wars: Future Past (PS4, Vita)
Nex Machina (PS4, PC)

23rd

Ever Oasis (3DS)
Get Even (PS4, XBO, PC)

27th

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PS4)
RPG Maker Fes (3DS)
The Golf Club 2 (PS4, XBO, PC)
Valkyria Revolution (PS4, XBO, Vita)

30th

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
Tokyo Xanadu (Vita)

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Crash Bandicoot and Wipeout.

sublimit

Banned
Tekken 7 (PS4)
Dark Rose Valkyrie (PS4)
Valkyria Revolution (PS4)
God Wars (PSVita)
Tokyo Xanadu (PSVita)
Ever Oasis (3DS)

Daggar

Neo Member
Easily Stormblood, though Crash, Valkyria and the DLC for Darkest Dungeon are all high on the radar as well

WITHE1982

Only Crash for me, thank God. My backlog needs a few months off.

Also Arizona Sunshine (PSVR) but the date has yet to be confirmed other than being in June.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Not really new but it comes out in June for Steam, day 1.

Mystic Melee

This one is a maybe/based on impressions etc.

Print_Dog

Crash Trilogy and Nex Machina for me.

Crash 2 will be my proudest platinum. Nex Machine looks like an isometric Resogun on crack. Both will get plenty of attention from me this summer.

mindatlarge

In no specific order:

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Dirt 4
Tekken 7
Dark Rose Valkryie
Wipeout Omega Collection
Arms
Ever Oasis
Valkyria Revolution
God Wars

Aaron D.

Probably pick up Farming Simulator 18 on iOS. The portable version has really matured over the past iteration or two.

Also looking forward to the final Cartographer sandbox update for The Long Dark.

I'd like to check out DiRT 4, but honestly I haven't even dug into my copy of DiRT: Rally, so it seems silly to feild 4 at this point.

oti

Banned
Arms and Crash. I'll probably get Arms day one, seeing how the demo goes. Crash can wait.

Tekken 7 looks great but terrible timing with Arms. I'll play games from my backlog instead.

Grieves

Wipeout Omega Collection. Doesn't Elite Dangerous come out for PS4 next month? I'm kinda interested in that although all the moaning in the OT is putting me off a bit.

Is Valkyria Revolution anything to do with Valkyria Chronicles?

Budi

Nothing super exciting for me coming up, but I'll hold my eyes on Nex Machina. Glad to have Housemarque coming back to their roots. Hopefully PC community hasn't forgotten them and the game does well.

Edit: Happy to see it got few mentions in this thread already.

From that list nothing I'm overly excited about. I'm just getting hyped for E3. May pick up Arms, Crash, and Cars 3. Will have to see reviews on all of them first.

Edit: Oh shit I didn't know Nex Machina was a game let alone from Housemarque. And it has 2 player local co-op?! Ok so there's one I'm excited for in June I guess. Looks like some shoot bang local co-op fun.

Sillverrr

Tekken 7. My history with the series goes back to the very first one. I haven't bothered since the first three, as I'm primarily a single-player, story-driven guy. However, Tekken doesn't take itself too seriously, and lately I can't concentrate for shit on longer games.

Crash Trilogy. For some reason, I skipped over the originals. I love the vibe, though. Fingers crossed it has some QOL features to lessen the difficulty, as a casual platformer might help pull me out of the gaming rut I'm in, if the beat-em-up doesn't work.

The only game I really need is in July, and flies in the face of my comments about not wanting a hardcore game. But it's a game Matsuno worked on, so that's okay then.

Top Bottom