• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game(s) are you most looking forward to this month? January 2017 edition

I want to make this a regular thing to see what the tastes are for our fellow GAFfers. I couldn't make threads the end of last month (junior member at the time), but I hope to post these threads at the end of each month. Let's start with January!

If there's anything missing, big apologies! With so much coming out, it's possible some smaller games will fly under the radar for me >_>. And if a big game flies under the radar, then shame on me completely. <_<

10th

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (PS4)

17th

2064: Read Only Memories (PS4)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PSVita)

20th

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS)
Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)
Urban Empire (PC)

dq8.jpg

ZeZ6YAG.gif

24th

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, XBO, PC)
Tales of Berseria (PS4, PC)
Yakuza 0 (PS4)

maxresdefault.jpg

yakuza-2jpg-c731ec_1280w.jpg

30th

Disgaea 2 (PC)
Double Dragon IV (PS4, PC)

3174182-screen+shot+2016-12-26+at+12.35.15+pm.png

31th

Constructor HD (PS4, XBO, PC)
Digimon World: Next Order (PS4)
Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers (PS4, PSVita)
Hitman: The Complete First Season (PS4, XBO, PC)

hitman2016pic1-728x409.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
oh boy .. this will be a good month for me.

- Yakuza 0
- Resident Evil VII
- Tales of Berseria

Gravity Rush will have to wait for later.

Sensing some bias Op why is gravity rush the only one with a gif..Jk

Welp for me
Yakuza O
ReVii
Kh 2.8

Maybe I'll squeeze in Gr2 but I wouldn't be able to play it anytime soon so it would just be to help out Kat

Whoa whoa whoa Road Redemption is coming out on consoles this month??? Shiiiit alright

Already ordered Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 with Christmas money, waiting for reviews on RE7 but I have high hopes for it

Gothos

Road Redemption on the 15th? No way. It's not even done in PC early access and it's suppose to come out on consoles in 2 weeks? LOL.

Weetrick

I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil 7 and Gravity Rush 2. I'm optimistic about Tales of Berseria and DQVIII. I won't preorder any of these because it's 2017 and games are 50% off within a month.

Shin-Ra

20th
Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)

24th
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4)
Yakuza 0 (PS4)

24th - bought later
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)

Pubs still need to work on their scheduling.

drac96

Ughh i was only going to get Gravity Rush 2 and Digimon, but that screenshot of Young Kazuma is really making me question my choices...

Fbh

I hate this month so much

I want both Yakuza and Gravity Rush. Not only do I want to play them but I want to get them at launch to "vote with my wallet".

I want to pay $60 to Sega and tell them "yes, I want more Yakuza in the West please".
And I want to pay $60 to Sony and tell them "yes, I want more games like this please".

But I can only afford one and I feel terrible about not supporting the other.

As of now I'm more inclined to go with Yakuza because Sega is going to keep making them and my support will help bring them to the west. Meanwhile the director of gravity Rush has already confirmed it to be the last one... But I still want to support games like this (unique single player Japanese games ) to get Sony motivated to keep funding projects like these.

I want both Yakuza and Gravity Rush. Not only do I want to play them but I want to get them at launch to "vote with my wallet".

I want to pay $60 to Sega and tell them "yes, I want more Yakuza in the West please".
And I want to pay $60 to Sony and tell them "yes, I want more games like this please".

As of now I'm more inclined to go with Yakuza because Sega is going to keep making them and my support will help bring them to the west. Meanwhile the director of gravity Rush has already confirmed it to be the last one... But I still want to support games like this (unique single player Japanese games ) to get Sony motivated to keep funding projects like these.
Think of it this way yakuza Kiwami and yakuza 6 are already coming. Maybe a new gravity rush will be put on the table if it exceeded expectations. The director said it would be a satisfying conclusion to Kat's story. No one says no to money tho.

I'm not gonna play it until the PC VR support comes out next year, but RE7. Gonna hang out with my friend and watch him play it. I'm not playing anything else new this month.

I'm Team Gravity Rush 2. Literally my most anticipated game of the year. If only it wasn't 46 fucking quid everywhere here! I just know it'll dip to £25 about three weeks after release as well.

If you get them on Amazon (you might need Prime), you can pay them $48 and might be able to afford it. =P

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Looking forward to nothing, but may try RE7 and Gravity Rush 2 out. Yakuza 0 possibly as well.

BadWolf

Just RE7 for me this month, will get Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 eventually.

Looking forward to seeing how RE7 and its new forumla have turned out.

Fbh

Think of it this way yakuza Kiwami and yakuza 6 are already coming. Maybe a new gravity rush will be put on the table if it exceeded expectations. The director said it would be a satisfying conclusion to Kat's story. No one says no to money tho.

That's also true.

Though I feel terrible for not buying Yakuza 5.
I did no longer own my Ps3 at the time and just can't afford to pay $60 for a game I can't even play

See? You are making it harder for me!!!, that's why I hate this month :(

If you get them on Amazon (you might need Prime), you can pay them $48 and might be able to afford it. =P

I don't live in the US or in a country with amazon :(

Actually me saying $60 is only if I decide to get the digitally from the US store. If I want to get them in disc format it's more like $75

weekev

Banned
The game that I am most looking forward to is the trying to control my Nintendo Switch hype after next weeks major direct game.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
1. Yakuza 0
First Yakuza game and it seems right up my alley. Very excited

2. Hitman Complete
Was just waiting for some downtime to play this game. Seems super solid game to sink my teeth into

3. Gravity Rush 2
Enjoyed the first one, and demo seemed good. Combat still seems a bit off, won't be day 1 this but still excited

Top Bottom