• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game(s) are you most looking forward to this month? January 2017 edition

mrmickfran

The return of the queen

jhmczg.jpg

prudislav

From the January games ... i am interested in these titles
  • Disgaea 2 PC
  • Urban Empire
  • Tales of Berseria
  • Constructor HD
  • The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (today)
  • Rise & Shine (jan 13)
  • CG: Invite Only (Jan 11)
  • The Legend of Dark Witch Episode 2 -The Price of Desire- (sometime in January)
  • Diluvion ( if it releases in January - they are saying sooooooon)
  • Holy Potatoes! We're in Space?! (currently set to launch at end of January)
  • Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island (sometime in January)
  • Road Redemption (if it actually releases )
  • Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom (also promised by devs for January)

anddo0

Gravity Rush 2 (day one)

Yakuza O (maybe day one to show support, likely wait for sale)
Kh 2.8 (wait for sale)

RE7, looks good, but it's too much for me. I can't play high tension horror games for some reason.

Gothos

Not many people waiting on DQ8. Bit surprised. Anyway, I got it pre-ordered but gonna cancel it if Berseria demo will blow me away :)

Fate/Extella is the big one for me. Really looking forward to it.

Gravity Rush 2 looks amazing too, but it'll have to wait until later sadly. Though later has more great games coming out... the first couple months of this year are NUTS.

I want Berseria too but that will have to wait until later later.

Opa-Pa

Holy hell, I forgot there were so many games I want coming out this month...

I want Gravity Rush 2, ROM, DQ8, Kingdom Hearts Something, and I'm very curious about RE7.

My absolute most anticipated is Digimon World: Next Order though. I'll probably only be able to afford a couple, but Digimon is definitely in.

Paltheos

Only Berseria this month. No Go Shiina this time and some of the character designs have left me a little skeptical. I like Zestiria though when the people haven't and the people have been positive about Berseria, so... here's hoping!

tariniel

I'll get Bersaria if the reviews and impressions are good. Other than that I don't plan to purchase anything else. I'm excited to watch some streamers play RE7 in VR though, specifically Aris/avoidingthepuddle. Just not the kind of game I like to play personally but it should be entertaining.

swarley64

Its a quiet month for me, the only thing I sort of want is a disc copy of Hitman. February is gonna be crazy though!

For me, all in on Gravity Rush 2. After that, just watching to see how Resident Evil VII and Double Dragon IV turn out. I've never played a Yakuza game, so I'll read impressions here.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone probably? Yakuza 0 is a close second. I'll wait for the inevitable price drops on Resident Evil 7 and Gravity Rush 2.

Ikon

I kind of want to get Hitman, but this should be a really easy month for me to not buy anything.

Mupod

If RE7 ends up being an RE game after all then I guess it wins. Waiting until it comes out, of course.

Have an interest in finally getting into the Yakuza series but I don't buy games full price anymore and I don't have a discounted preoder for 0.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Gravity Rush.

Why can't we have polls here? Seems like these threads are just a stream of people posting their one-shot opinions without reading what others have written, and we never get an overall sense of what people are thinking. Does GAF have something against polls?

did Shinobi stopped doing this threads?

anyways, op.

sure thing

Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0

Games of Jan that i will buy on a sale/BF:

FateExtella
Mighty Power Rangers: Mega Battle
Berseria
Hitman: Complete
Digimon

this will be my plan to save money

Coda

Having braved through Yakuza 6 these past few weeks and Platinumed the game I'll probably pick up Yakuza 0 because I'm such a fan of the series now.

But the biggest surprise of the month for me was the announcement of Double Dragon IV. I grew up playing Double Dragon II on the NES, it might as well be one of the first games to get me into gaming. Seeing that Arc System Works is behind the project is giving me hope that it truly delivers despite the iffy fangame like environments (gameplay looks legit though).

ZenTzen

Damn, january releases are gonna hit my wallet pretty hard
-Gravity rush 2
-yakuza 0
-RE7
-KH2.8

And maybe Berseria, and theres still stuff i want come february and march like P5, Nioh and Nier automata

ghibli99

Damn, I thought I'd have a reprieve after the holidays, but Gravity Rush 2, Dragon Quest 8, and potentially Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0, and Kingdom Hearts are making my wallet sweat nervously...

jdstorm

Banned
Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza are my top 2. Im also curious about Project 0, However i will probably just play backlog games these next few months. March is going to Destroy my wallet

KraytarJ

Gravity Rush.

Why can't we have polls here? Seems like these threads are just a stream of people posting their one-shot opinions without reading what others have written, and we never get an overall sense of what people are thinking. Does GAF have something against polls?
Thor 2: The Dark World

Resident Evil VII is my big one.
If the demo is any indication, playing in VR will probably kill me. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Gaspard

The only one i'm remotely interested in is RE7, but that's because I wanna see how well this shakeup of the series actually turns out.

Copper

I think I'll wait for the full collection for KH and do a full play through.

Does Yakuza 0 require you to have played the previous games?

I'll be getting RE7 for sure, just not sure if I want to get it on PS4 or PC.

So import impressions have indicated Berseria is the best Tales since Vesperia.

Now, as someone that loved Vesperia but found everything since then to be mediocre to bad (except Graces' combat), would this be accurate? Is this something I should play?

Top Bottom